Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon.....

Comments

• Options
    As at 30-30 there had been 1 match point I believe

Fair play to them both for sticking with it for so long though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I think tennis is the most boring and overated sport on earth.

I think it is well behind rugby and basketball on those measures!
  • Options
    I wonder if the football will finish before this game?
  • Options
    never seen anything like this
  • Options
    Unreal, both deserve afckin medal.
    I'm 34 and never done a 9 hr shift. (although my hrs are 11hr night!)
  • Options
    Now 53 all!!
  • Options
    56-56. Time to draw lots or something?
  • Options
    59 games all, bad light stopped play at 21.10

unbelievable match.
  • Options
    Outrageous. Like nothing I've ever seen. Utterly phenomenal. What's the betting there's a break of serve in the first game tomorrow?
  • Options
    53 all ? f**k me and i thought our defence was pony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    could you imagine the equivalent in a penalty shootout for fans. i think i would have shot myself. i thought 7-6 at wembley was agony.
  • Options
    crazy ... isner was dead on his feet 20 games ago ... still holding on ... just ridiculous!
  • Options
    Unbelieveable, neither deserve to lose.

I don't know how Isner is still in it.

Whoever's got them in the next round will be happy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Unbelieveable, neither deserve to lose.

I don't know how Isner is still in it.

Whoever's got them in the next round will be happy.

Interestingly, I think I heard on BBC that the next opponent came through a 16-14 final setter. Although obviously even that doesn't compare!
  • Options
    From the BBC site:

"Towards the end, the umpire's voice was going, rallies were collectors' items and the scoreboard was broken because it couldn't cope with the alien numbers"

"Isner was out on his feet, although he would have been buoyed with the news from the referee's office that his doubles match with Sam Querrey, scheduled to take place on Court 10 had been cancelled."
  • Options
    Absolutely incredible spectacle. I'll be up to keep watching tomorrow.
  • Options
    New balls please...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]........... and the scoreboard was broken because it couldn't cope with the alien numbers"

i know who might have one for sale.
  • Options
    just read that the BBC commentator was doing his first tennis match so they thought they'd stick him on a quiet outside court.....haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]........... and the scoreboard was broken because it couldn't cope with the alien numbers"

i know who might have one for sale.

We can't make it work for 90mins, let alone 3 days.
  • Options
    Has this godawful example of why tennis is the dullest sport ever finished yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Has this godawful example of why tennis is the dullest sport ever finished yet?

Not playing till 15:30 for some reason, probably to give them more resting time
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]finished yet?
    no, they haven't restarted yet, but I'm sure you'll check back onto this thread for the result later :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Has this godawful example of why tennis is the dullest sport ever finished yet?

Nope, they don't restart until 3.30

NB Andy Murray is one set up & cruising.
  • Options
    Both over 100 aces now...
  • Options

Footballers complain they are "burnt out" or "knackered" after playing 2 x games a week and a few training sessions, these guys have been playing in full sun for 9 hours, will be back on court this afternoon and the winner will be back to play another game in a day or two.
  • Options
    6 games all today. Tie break?
  • Options
    70-68 Isner
  • Options
    Heroic