Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Germany V Australia match thread

Germany lucky not to be 1 down after 3 mins

Comments

• Options
    1-0 germany, podolski 8 mins
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]1-0 germany, podolski 8 mins

Now that was a quality finish!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    Nowthatwas a quality finish!
    Are you watching, Emile, Lamps and Gerrard?
  • Options
    Did you see that dive...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Did you see that dive...?
    4.5, 4.5, 4.7, 4.7, yellow card
  • Options
    Klose = Heskey?
  • Options
    Klose misses sitter...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Klose = Heskey?

maybe not then...
  • Options
    made up for it with that header, 2-0

great ball in from Lahm
  • Options
    Where was the goalie when the ball was in the net...?

Half way round the goalpost with his trouser round his neck...

2-0...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That clearance was straight out of the Aussie Rules book of how to clear the ball of the line...
  • Options
    Ozil was just about to do his second stuka impression but realised he had already been booked...
  • Options
    At least one team seem to be able to pass and shoot accurately with this ball that is too light, swerves everywhere, blah blah blah.
  • Options
    Well good to see Germany peak early ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    Nowthatwas a quality finish!
    Are you watching, Emile, Lamps and Gerrard?

In fairness Gerrard's was a top class finish
  • Options
    Austrailia look very poor at the back, cannot see them qualifying from this group (I know it is only 45mins gone) so if England finish top, we may face Ghana who perhaps will only need a point against the Aussies to secure 2nd.

If England finish 2nd, we will more than likely face the Germans.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Where was the goalie when the ball was in the net...?

Half way round the goalpost with his trouser round his neck...

2-0...[/quote]

Apparently wenger has a bid in for schwartzer, wenger obviously not the best judge of keepers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Well good to see Germany peak early ;-)

Indeed, do they not realise they are supposed to grind out results right the way through and only get their act to together for the final??? Scarily good at the moment but let's see how they react if they do concede.
  • Options
    Wenger's transfer policy over the years regarding keepers is very average, even though I do believe Schwarzer is a fine keeper he did have a mare at the Emirates last month and is having one tonight so I am sure Arsenal fans may have their reservations.
  • Options
    Typical bloody Germans.... get to a tournament and look like a decent team, passing is crisp and look to have another gear!

Could/should have been 4-0 up at half time.....
  • Options
    Harsh red for Cahill, that is his tournament over unless there is some way to appeal. Surely only a yellow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cahill sent off by Christopher Lee.
  • Options
    I think the ref got that wrong, if anything cahill tackled with his knee.
  • Options
    Is my memory playing up or did we not try to sign Scott Chipperfield back in the good old days? Problems with his work permit seem to ring a bell with me?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Is my memory playing up or did we not try to sign Scott Chipperfield back in the good old days? Problems with his work permit seem to ring a bell with me?

Yes, we did try to sign him, he wouldn't have been the first Chipperfield to play for Charlton.
  • Options
    do Germany have any strikers who are actually German? Klose/Podoldki are Polish, the guy who has just scored the 4th and Gomez are Brazilian I think.

Not sure if Germany are very good/Aussies are poor or a mixture.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]do Germany have any strikers who are actually German? Klose/Podoldki are Polish, the guy who has just scored the 4th and Gomez are Brazilian I think.

Yeah, you'd never find us doing anything so sneaky like that eh? Unless it's the England cricket team of course...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]

Not sure if Germany are very good/Aussies are poor or a mixture.

I think Germany are the best team we have seen in the tournament so far.....easily.
  • Options
    Interesting to see that cacau came on and scored despite the fact he is unexperienced at international level. Now why couldn't england try the same with bent?
  • Options
    Germany are the most impressive side seen so far, however they were playing against a poor team and we are yet to see Holland, Spain, Brazil. Still not sure if Germany are that good and doubt whether they will get past the quarters.
  • Options
    Bent has experience