Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brazil VS North Korea

Have stuck by my guns, and have done in almost every World cup i have been alive for, but i do think Brazil will win the WC they will, as was said in another thread, probaly not win games by huge amounts but it would be silly to write them off their still class. Even though so far this game, yet again is quite dull.

Comments

• Options
    Would love to see NK score first.
  • Options
    Seem to be playing really well actually.
  • Options
    Blimey, is that Alan Curbishley's long-lost Korean half-brother managing NK?
  • Options
    strange match, north korea not doing as bad as everyone has expected here

Ru i disagree with you, yes they seem defensively sound but they hardly up against top opposition. also if they are failing to break north china down how will they do against better sides such as Ital, Argentina, Spain even us! Although it is hard to say otherwise when they can only play whos in front of them but they just dont seem like a normal brazil side and are far too defensive to win the whole thing, i'd give them semi's at best!
  • Options
    Been really impressed with N. Korea so far. Not exactly total football, but have to say that up until now they're 'doing a job' on Brazil. If this was us doing this to Man Utd at Old Trafford, I'd be delighted at half time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Been really impressed with N. Korea so far. Not exactly total football, but have to say that up until now they're 'doing a job' on Brazil. If this was us doing this to Man Utd at Old Trafford, I'd be delighted at half time.

i second that, would be delighted wouldn't care that they have not gone for it. Also at least they are trying to counter attack and now and again get forward, be tough for them to hold it i still think brazil will win 3-0nil. once the first is in will be more open
  • Options
    Agree Johnny, hard to see them holding out for 90 mins, Brazil will start to throw more and more men forwards and will surely open up a chance eventually. The fact no-one seems to be able to hit a decent shot with this ball helps them though, makes the long range effort less of a threat. Having said all that, that number 9 has been great for NK and there may be chances on the break for them if they can hang on for another 20 or 30 mins.

It's not a classic spectacle, but it's fascinatingly balanced at the moment.
  • Options
    Brazil dont look like champions now but thats because this is not the Brazil team of the 1970's they are not the wonderfully attacking outfit they once were. However the world cup is their territory, all i am saying is not too write them off, i do think they will win it, but i have to agree they dont look like champions at the moment but then who does only Germany so far or do we just put that dow to a bad night for the aussies. Its only the first game so we'll see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Agree Johnny, hard to see them holding out for 90 mins, Brazil will start to throw more and more men forwards and will surely open up a chance eventually. The fact no-one seems to be able to hit a decent shot with this ball helps them though, makes the long range effort less of a threat. Having said all that, that number 9 has been great for NK and there may be chances on the break for them if they can hang on for another 20 or 30 mins.

It's not a classic spectacle, but it's fascinatingly balanced at the moment.

very true, i dont mind watching games like this. obviously would prefer end to end goalfest but it is interesting when teams come to defend and do a good job, just means that brazil have to go out attack,attack, attack and you never know as NK could score through a counter....stranger things have happened in football
  • Options
    105 in the world beats world number 1 if thats not an upset i dont know what is :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usually I would hope for a shock, but would right muck up my predictions especially after NZ 90th min leveller.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Brazil dont look like champions now but thats because this is not the Brazil team of the 1970's they are not the wonderfully attacking outfit they once were. However the world cup is their territory, all i am saying is not too write them off, i do think they will win it, but i have to agree they dont look like champions at the moment but then who does only Germany so far or do we just put that dow to a bad night for the aussies. Its only the first game so we'll see.

The team that finishes a World Cup the strongest rarely starts the strongest. For me it's between Spain and Brazil, although I have to admit, I was quite impressed with Germany, they looked a lot better than I expected and they seem to have a good shape and balance about them. In fact, of all the big guns, the team whoch has looked the most like a bunch of strangers, so far, is England.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Brazil dont look like champions now but thats because this is not the Brazil team of the 1970's they are not the wonderfully attacking outfit they once were. However the world cup is their territory, all i am saying is not too write them off, i do think they will win it, but i have to agree they dont look like champions at the moment but then who does only Germany so far or do we just put that dow to a bad night for the aussies. Its only the first game so we'll see.

The team that finishes a World Cup the strongest rarely starts the strongest. For me it's between Spain and Brazil, although I have to admit, I was quite impressed with Germany, they looked a lot better than I expected and they seem to have a good shape and balance about them. In fact, of all the big guns, the team whoch has looked the most like a bunch of strangers, so far, is England.

True and thats why i will stick to my guns with Brazil til they're out. Spain will be good but may peak early and fizzle out they have a habit of doing that. All the big guns still has a chance but i do agree with you that England look the worse for ware at the moment. Germany were particularly good but Australia were pretty bad too however 4-0 in any match is a great score and a job done well.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Great opener BTW 1-0 Brazil.
  • Options
    no way did he mean that. poxy ITV commentators will be creaming themselves over it cos its Brazil. Never been a shot.
  • Options
    He meant it
  • Options
    Great goal. He definitely meant it, he's been doing that all season for Inter. Carlos Alberto in disguise!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He meant it
    Agreed, what a goal!

Not as good as this though, probably in terms of technique the best goal ever.
  • Options
    turn it in. attempt to drill across goal. Its a sign how shite the footballs been that we are now trying to pass of crosses as shots.
  • Options
    Says something about the football when Dunga's jacket has had more of a mention than some of the Brazilians. Imho the German coach is the style icon at this WC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked like a shot to me, put his laces through it - hit it far too hard for a cross, or at least, if it was a cross it was a bloody rubbish one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Looked like a shot to me, put his laces through it - hit it far too hard for a cross, or at least, if it was a cross it was a bloody rubbish one.

You see players drill the ball across the box has hard as they can quite regularly, hoping for a deflection. Plus on slow mo it clearly came off his toe.
  • Options
    good goal that
  • Options
    That was good too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Looked like a shot to me, put his laces through it - hit it far too hard for a cross, or at least, if it was a cross it was a bloody rubbish one.

You see players drill the ball across the box has hard as they can quite regularly, hoping for a deflection. Plus on slow mo it clearly came off his toe.

Yeah, the replay changed my mind - he's looking at who's running in, not the keeper. Still would have been a rubbish cross though!

Good goal by NK though. Pleased for them, think they deserved it. The People's Rooney played much better than the original Rooney did the other night.
  • Options
    I actually believe NK could really cause the other two sides problems on todays performances.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I actually believe NK could really cause the other two sides problems on todays performances.

Agree, defend like that and Portugal, in a particular, will struggle to break them down and with that number 9 they have a more than decent striker to build counter attacks around. They might yet cause an upset.
  • Options
    Jesus, the post-match "analysis" after that was truly, truly shocking. Chiles bumbling, David's talking in riddles, Viera whispering and dear old Gareth droning. Car crash TV.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I actually believe NK could really cause the other two sides problems on todays performances.

Agree, defend like that and Portugal, in a particular, will struggle to break them down and with that number 9 they have a more than decent striker to build counter attacks around. They might yet cause an upset.

his touch and movement was very decent...but he got well excited around the box, his shooting was terrible!
  • Options
    still think Maicon meant that for the 1st, excellant finish.