Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OS Fixture List wrong - doh!

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Can't we do anything right? As I type there are five fixtures missing from the list on the OS. They are those that clash with FA cup weekends. Also round five of the carling cup is shown on the same day as the semi-finals (not that this will impact upon us of course).

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Can't we do anything right?

yawn
  • Options
    Have a day off mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Can't we do anything right?

yawn

I take your point. But all these small things, you know the 4th official's electronic board not working. the Swindon away ticketing fiasco, are symptomatic of a general malaise and an organisation that needs someone to take it by the scruff of the neck and give it a good shake.
  • Options
    "symptomatic of a general malaise" Jeez, get a grip.

Rupert, don't be an arse all your life.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"symptomatic of a general malaise" Jeez, get a grip.

What did i do wrong?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"symptomatic of a general malaise" Jeez, get a grip.

What did i do wrong?

lol you two need a cuddle
  • Options
    Jesus chill out its nothing major kin hell
  • Options

What did i do wrong?
    You've ruined Christmas. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    To be fair, this is the second year running that the club has failed to copy the fixtures correctly onto the official site. If they can't be bothered to check it then I'd be more than happy for them to just offer us a link to the Football League website.
  • Options
    but in the greater scheme of things

SO WHAT

Im sure they will put right any errors in due course

think we have bigger thinks to worry about as a club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]To be fair, this is the second year running that the club has failed to copy the fixtures correctly onto the official site. If they can't be bothered to check it then I'd be more than happy for them to just offer us a link to the Football League website.

WTF, as if they do this deliberately! simple admin error, im sure it happens at other clubs

as for you'd be more then happy with a link to official site, very thoughtful of you
  • Options
    Its sloppy though. If the BBC can get all 92 clubs right, why cant we get ours?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]To be fair, this is the second year running that the club has failed to copy the fixtures correctly onto the official site. .

Hardy "the club". One person made an error, it's now been corrected. Move on.
  • Options
    It’s been fixed see human error blimey

I’m sure they will find something just as trivial to moan about now
  • Options
    Yeah who cares .... we're in league one lighten up everyone
  • Options
    still sloppy
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Some people must have depressing lives, either that and they have a perfect life and when one thing minor happens they make a big deal over small things
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

What did i do wrong?

lol you two need a cuddle

Agree that would be nice lol.

[cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

What did i do wrong?
    You've ruined Christmas. :(

LOL i am the Grinch i thought i was a bit green.
  • Options
    johnnybev1987,

Don't quite understand what you said. As for deliberately, if they checked them then it wouldn't have happened. I had already noticed and so did cafcfan. Neither of us are paid to run a website, so just because they didn't make the same mistake two years running on purpose doesn't make it acceptable.

Can you explain what "as for you'd be more then happy with a link to official site, very thoughtful of you" means please?
  • Options
    When all said and done I think the club could tighten up its processes on certain things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    please don't criticise the club , it's tough times at the valley
  • Options
    you are going to have to lower your expectations like the rest of us mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]johnnybev1987,

Don't quite understand what you said. As for deliberately, if they checked them then it wouldn't have happened. I had already noticed and so did cafcfan. Neither of us are paid to run a website, so just because they didn't make the same mistake two years running on purpose doesn't make it acceptable.

Can you explain what "as for you'd be more then happy with a link to official site, very thoughtful of you" means please?

just a ridiculous idea just because they did the fixtures list wrong initially, any football club has fixtures on their site why would they give a link to promote another site???

easy enough to say if they had checked them but its a simple error and im sure checking them would have taken just as long, its sorted now so who cares
  • Options
    24 (now 25 posts).

this should be a sticky admin.
  • Options
    a link to the football league website is hardly promoting another site
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]a link to the football league website is hardly promoting another site

how is it not???
  • Options
    as charlton plays in the football league then the sites are intertwined. I would imagine the football league website has a link to our OS.
  • Options
    Well, even though it wont keep me awake tonight I cared becasue it meant I had to go looking for the fixtures elsewhere.

This may sound dramatic, but if anyone had put the fixtures in their diary and not known of the error they could have gone and double booked something in the knowledge that we didn't have a home game that day.

You're right, of course, one simple error doesn't matter.

Having said that, if Bailey had scored that penalty.....
  • Options
    Can we make this a sloppy sticky?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]

Having said that, if Bailey had scored that penalty.....

lol made me laugh that one ;o)

[cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]as charlton plays in the football league then the sites are intertwined. I would imagine the football league website has a link to our OS.

your probably right but some people may go on our site first to check fixtures, then find something else they are interested in(rare but could happen) if they just put a link up to the official football league then those(minority) will probably just save that website which means no more hits for OS and more for FL

ridiculous SLOPPY scenerio but basically any site providing a link for another means its promoting it