Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

boris backs the addicks

Mayor of london, and general bumbling fool Boris Johnson was just live on itv4 at Ajax capetown's trainng ground where thousands of young children get weekly coaching thanks to Charlton Athletic. Just wanted to say well done to the club for keeping that alive it would be so easy to give up and forget this amazing links but we havnt. Let's hope there's a future bartlett and fish out there now awaiting a long and successfull carrer with us. Boris seemed very impressed with what we are doing and good on the club.

Bloody hell a good news thread!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    +1 for CAFC
  • Options
    Adam dont say anything about good news

you know someone will only come and moan about is some way

Seems to be the Charlton way sadly
  • Options
    Yay +1 indeed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Adam dont say anything about good news

you know someone will only come and moan about is some way

Seems to be the Charlton way sadly

How true.
  • Options
    great stuff things are on the up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Bloody hell a good news thread!!!!!

What on Charlton Life?

SINK!
  • Options
    Boris is a Tory can't have them backing anything to do with Charlton!

If it was Gordon Brown or Red Ken on the other hand.....

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Boris is a Tory can't have them backing anything to do with Charlton!

If it was Gordon Brown or Red Ken on the other hand.....

:-)

If they were involved it would cost far too much as we would have a load of twats putting their noses in, whilst getting titles like Training Supervising Officer and Training Supervising Officer's Supervising Officer
  • Options
    I was telling people about this the other day and they were impressed.

We should be letting people know more about the good work that is being done done there (as well as the good community work being done back here as well).

Makes you proud to be Charlton.
  • Options
    How much has it cost us?
    How many SE7 based employeees wages would this scheme have covered?
    How many players have we got through the scheme?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is this what Steve Waggott was doing?
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time before we're winning the champions league with the next team of Drogba's, Eto'o's & Essien's.
  • Options
    Surprised that BoJo knows a) what football is and b) that there is such a place as South London.
  • Options
    Trust activity. Club in name only - but excellent use of the name all the same.
  • Options
    Maybe he could sponsor the coaching!
  • Options
    Mentioned it again on 5Live this morning when he said and scheme supported by the Met, British Airways and Charlton Athletic Football Club, however Nicky twat Campbell managed to talk over him when he said our name.
  • Options
    Another reason to hate Nicky Campbell - even if he's not being a twat on purpose.

There's just something about his right on, over simplistic attitude that annoys me to hell, yet he somehow manages to be condescending at the same time which is quite an achievement.

He has the broadcasting charisma of a rotting log.

Sorry about the rant, but him doing something like that is typical of the pillock!
  • Options
    Boris is a top bloke...at least he is FOR England unlike that idiot Livingstone.
  • Options
    They ran it on Radio 4 as well this morning.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]Boris is a top bloke...at least he is FOR England unlike that idiot Livingstone.

Presumably you're in Thailand mate so please don't tell us who is FOR England - best if you save your comments for your own city. I'm not a fan of Ken but at least he lives here in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Surprised that BoJo knows a) what football is and b) that there is such a place as South London.
    Johnson hates South London. FACT.

His brother is the new MP of Orpington.
  • Options
    personally know Boris quite well and have spent quite a bit of time in his company. Absolute diamond bloke, is very proud of his country and London (inc. south London). Actually spends quite a lot of time in South London which is not always in the public eye. Thank F* we dont have to see or listen to Red "pratt" Ken anymore (who i have also been unfortunate to sepnd time with). Although we are desperate for another crossing please. Dont know where you get your FACTs from friendordefoe.
  • Options
    I thought Boris was a Turk?
  • Options
    If Boris has ever attended a football match for which he actually bought a ticket I would be absolutely stunned.
  • Options
    yep half turk i think
  • Options
    If Boris doesn't like South London then that only goes to show that at least he knows South London very well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Keith Burtons[/cite]personally know Boris quite well and have spent quite a bit of time in his company. Absolute diamond bloke, is very proud of his country and London (inc. south London). Actually spends quite a lot of time in South London which is not always in the public eye. Thank F* we dont have to see or listen to Red "pratt" Ken anymore (who i have also been unfortunate to sepnd time with). Although we are desperate for another crossing please. Dont know where you get your FACTs from friendordefoe.

I'm sure the mans a lovely guy, but he's also a bumbling fool. He hasn't done anything as of yet apart from ban drinking on the tube (which saw one of the biggest parties London Underground has ever hosted) and opened projects that 'Red 'pratt' Ken' - as you refer to him - started.
  • Options
    Jolly Robin
    Do keep up - if you think the only thing he has done is ban drinking on the tube it is time for you to do a little research.

Try these just for starters, and I am in no way a tory supporter - never voted for one of them ever, but before you talk nonsense, check the facts

freeze in the London share of the council tax, the lowest murder rate in London since 1948, 75 notorious bendy-buses removed, 5,000 new street trees, more bobbies on the beat, and £2.4bn in cost cuts.

in City Hall alone there is now an empty floor that has been let out to tenants because the mayor’s staff has been reduced by the simple expedient of not filling vacant posts.

He has persuaded some of London’s biggest banks to pay what he calls the London Living Wage – a higher minimum wage of £7.60

6000 free to use bycycles around the city

Crime on buses is down 18 per cent and teenage stabbings are down 50 per cent. Under Johnson's "get rid of the nonsense" campaign, the GLA cut 180 bureaucratic jobs and £220m in consultancy fees,

Transport for London was forced to deliver £5bn of savings while the London Development Agency has seen a 30 per cent headcount reduction.
  • Options
    At least he knows where South London is..

pic courtesy of Inspector Sands.
  • Options
    Well done floyd - saved me from the research and posting that