Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Madjid Bougherra

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
I heard them talking on TV last week that Bougherra was linked with a move to Arsenal.

If this is true, would we have any money coming our way? Did we have a sell on clause??

Comments

• Options
    don't think so - it's never been mentioned afaik if there is.
  • Options
    If he goes to Arsenal then good luck to him of course, liked him a lot at Charlton and hope there is a sell on clause.

However I cannot get out of my head, his error against Luton in the CC when he gifted them a 3rd, now he is being linked with Arsenal- strange.
  • Options
    Now that would be funny.

Overrated is an understatement.
  • Options
    He's a current Algeria international and also gained playing experience in Europe with Rangers.
    He's always shown ability.

It's 2 years since he's been sold, maybe that's 2 years of development, discipline and maturity?
  • Options
    He was a bottom 3 Prem player (briefly) with us and is now playing for the equivalent of a bottom 6 prem side with Rangers.

Far too gobby about England for someone with so little talent.

Another Pards masterstroke.

Hope Rooney kicks him all over the park tomorrow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Hope Rooney kicks him all over the park tomorrow.

Be interesting. The proof of the pudding and all that ......?
  • Options
    Never was a prem player unless he played for Pompey. Couldn't hold his concentration for two mins, we got a couple of games out of him where he was solid all match........ and one of those was against Bradley Wright Phillips.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Never was a prem player unless he played for Pompey.

Makes me wonder how he would've faired in an all(most) French backline of: Yassin, himself, Diawara & Youga?

Plenty of flair, but just as much 'scare' in that back 4!

I thought he was very good in spurts. Very quick & skillful for a Centre Back. Disappointed when he left.
    If he rids himself of his concentration issues, he could be a very, very good player in the years to come.
  • Options
    I thought he did really well against Rooney at man yoo that season him and Song were our best players that day

magic was a class player for us imo
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Magic, just hope he has a shocker tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In certain games the bloke looked an excellent centre half, though in one or two others he would not get in your Sunday mornng pub side.

Too inconsistent imo.
  • Options
    Thought El-Kak was the better player but Majid did improve. Typical foreign centre-half really....good on the ball, quite a good blocker but not as strong in the air as he should have been.
  • Options
    Diddnt think he was too bad but he certainly was not a shining star.
  • Options
    Anyone have a link for the youtube video where he ran with the ball like Messi from defence to attack!?

I remember thinking we had signed the most skillful defender in the premiership..!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MFR5rrbiNY&feature=related
    That one? Think there was one from when he was at Crewe as well, can't find it though. Just noticed Lloyd Sam is in that, when he was on loan at Sheff Wed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Huk1VzfVRs
    Also that one, his goal for Rangers in Europe (was it Champions League or Europa League?)
  • Options
    Never really took to him to be honest.

Clearly had ability, and pace for a centre half is a growing commodity, but felt he went missing a bit when things weren't going well, and had a bit of a petulant side.

Good player, but not really one i alligned to or will remember in years to come.
  • Options
    We invariably got the best out of Magic when he played in tandem with a 'First ball' CB.
    IMO, his game is all about the second ball, picking up the pieces and distribution.

Much like Rio Ferdinand's game.

Teamed up with another 'Second ball' CB like Jon Fortune was heart in the mouth stuff!

Remember the Charlton coaching staff getting really excited once, saying he was the most talented and skilful defender they'd ever worked with.
  • Options
    Apparently playing at right back tonight according to the Independent
  • Options
    He was a class centre half, him and fortune where never going to be solid though. Much like Ferdinand and Terry (two second ball centre halves too)

Was injured lot's with us and how Saha never got sent off for doing him at knee height at Old Trafford is anyones guess
  • Options
    I actually thought his best games for us were just before he got injured in a home game - he had started to attack the ball and when he did that he was a much better player. Used to enjoy his runs up the wing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Magic and Paddy McCarthy looked like they could have formed a really good partnership at the back in 2007/2008, different types of CBs and worked well together. We had a spell after xmas when we played well against Blackpool, Stoke and Palace at home and did ok at Watford away when we really looked like contenders for automatic. Maybe it is co incidence but after the Palace Varney home game, not sure if Magic played for us again and we did not win another home game for quite a while and fell away pretty dramatically.

He is quite a way from the standard Arsenal need at the back, not sure if he would be a success there as Vermallen is not the tallest either so imho they wouild need someone more dominating- ie a Gary Cahill/Vidic type CB. Could see Magic as 3rd/4th choice CB and also covering RB.
  • Options
    Bougherra was good for us. We can't criticise players of his quality anymore.
  • Options
    World beater!
  • Options
    Why the hell didn't he play like that for us?!
  • Options
    how many times i must have said that during the match.
  • Options
    I think Rooney might have to be surgically removed from Bougherra's pocket :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Why the hell didn't he play like that for us?!

In fact, he did sometimes ..... but, as I said early in the thread, it's 2 years since he's been sold - maybe that's 2 years of development, discipline and maturity?

No mistaking his composure tonight, and quick decisive quality distribution.
    They must have a good coach at Rangers!
  • Options
    what a player leaving charlton and improving big styley .................no surely not
  • Options
    Remember the last time he played right back for Charlton?

Home to Colchester New Year's Day, in the 'Lisbie match' ....... he went meandering up the line, lost possession cheaply - and then started rolling about on the floor as if he'd been shot. Lisbie scored from it, of course.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Remember the last time he played right back for Charlton?

Home to Colchester New Year's Day, in the 'Lisbie match' ....... he went meandering up the line, lost possession cheaply - and then started rolling about on the floor as if he'd been shot. Lisbie scored from it, of course.

Shows that Lisbie is better than Rooney :-)