Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Madjid Bougherra

2»

Comments

• Options
    Average player, maybe from time to time shines in a game but to be fair Les Berry would have looked like Bobby Moore against us tonight.
  • Options
    Thought he was superb tonight, hardly put a foot wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Thought he was superb tonight, hardly put a foot wrong.

Always thought he was quality....mind you the average Vauxhall League centre back wouldn't have been pushed to look good tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Thought he was superb tonight, hardly put a foot wrong.

Always thought he was quality....mind you the average Vauxhall League centre back wouldn't have been pushed to look good tonight.

With the England players not able to control the ball or test the keeper with nothing more than a side footed effort, he didn't really have to do much not to put a foot wrong.
  • Options
    And then you could always compare Magic with tonight's England CB's. Terry and Carragher.

Terry's back pass late in the 2nd half, for example.........

Neither of them could polish Magic's boots tonight.
  • Options
    Oggy please don't...i'm trying to forget what I witnessed tonight....the pain will live long in the memory.
    Anyone watching the 'highlights'..................Mmmmm, I thought not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Oggy please don't...i'm trying to forget what I witnessed tonight....the pain will live long in the memory.
    Anyone watching the 'highlights'..................Mmmmm, I thought not.

What highlights - as my son said "what are they showing? The ref blowing the whistle for half time?!"
  • Options
    Any news on him moving - we need his sell-on desperately?
  • Options
    i thought bougherra had an excellent World Cup. He flourished as a RCB in an Algerian Back-3.
  • Options
    no sell on

But Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is adamant the duo will stay at the club.

He said: "The supporters are probably fed up reading about speculation over Madjid. But I can categorically state it is not our intention to sell him.

"He still has two years left of his contract with us and we certainly hope he is with us for the start of the new season.

"Danny is also under contract for another season and although he has turned down a new contract, he remains our player. We want as strong a squad as possible and having both these players will undoubtedly give us good strength at the back."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WC bump. Currently playing for Lekhwiya in Qatar
  • Options
    He's in the Panini album...
  • Options
    He's the captain, apparently. Guardian says this about him in their review of Algeria:

The weakest link

The 31-year-old former Rangers and Charlton centre-back Madjid Bougherra is an inspirational leader and formidable competitor but he is on the wane and increasingly prone to errors.
  • Options

WC bump. Currently playing for Lekhwiya in Qatar

He's pretty well thought of over here.
    Lekhwiya came out of nowhere to win the league 3 times in the last 4 years, ahead of the bigger spending clubs.
  • Options
    Liked Bougherra. Thought he was a very good player at Championship level for us especially.
  • Options
    Loved it when we took them from Wednesday and they all cried
  • Options

Liked Bougherra. Thought he was a very good player at Championship level for us especially.

Didn't like his attitude though. All that rolling around, and when they say "now prone to errors", well I recall a few.
  • Options
    flatters to deceive ...may do a few stand out things well but like a lot of cheaper foreign imports fails to do the basics when it matters ..wouldnt have him in my team
  • Options
    Madjid Bougherra has his eyes on a move back to British football this summer, and he is looking to put himself in the shop window in Brazil.

I would definitely favour a move to England if the right opportunity comes up
  • Options
    Any player that played for Charlton and Rangers is ok by me !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always has a mistake in him.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Cries of laughter, you bought him from us and it worked out nearly 3m quid, not bad seeing we paid 100k for him lol.

• Options

Cries of laughter, you bought him from us and it worked out nearly 3m quid, not bad seeing we paid 100k for him lol.

I saw him play for you boys at Hillsborough v Birmingham, he was immense. About three months later we bought him, absolutely gutted it did not work out. Reckon he was one of the best ball playing centre halves since Alan Hansen.
  • Options
    Him and Diawara would have been a great defensive pairing in the Championship but we sold Souley at the last knocking and signed Paddy effin McCarthy instead.

Truth is we over paid for the pair of them though, as we did with pretty much all of the Dowie/Pardew signings. Doesn't mean he was a fundamentally bad player, but he was a kind of poor man's El Karkouri, only he cost more, so I guess he was a rich idiot's El Karkouri. Entertaining at the time but I wouldn't have him back.
  • Options

Madjid Bougherra has his eyes on a move back to British football this summer, and he is looking to put himself in the shop window in Brazil.

I would definitely favour a move to England if the right opportunity comes up

Sign him up! Should improve the squad and with all those players gone one would hope there is budget! Back to the future kinda deal that might lift us?

• Options
    Please can we stop bringing Dowie up, I'm trying to block him and that entire half season out of my mind. It's bad enough that I'm forced to think of him every time my kids watch The Goonies....
  • Options

I saw him play for you boys at Hillsborough v Birmingham, he was immense. About three months later we bought him, absolutely gutted it did not work out. Reckon he was one of the best ball playing centre halves since Alan Hansen.
    Yeah he was a big favourite with us, we had to sell him because you gave us an offer we couldn't refuse at a time when our debts were sky high.

• Options

Yeah he was a big favourite with us, we had to sell him because you gave us an offer we couldn't refuse at a time when our debts were sky high.

Feel sorry for my swedish Wednesday mate, he's coming over on the 5th September and was hoping to get a game in!