Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

France v Mexico

13»

Comments

• Options
    Im well pleased that France are on the verge of going out, mainly due to the Ireland incident and they didnt deserve to go through. Didn't mind them before that

As for their two performances they deserve to go out, Manager doesn't have a clue and noone wants to play for their country only a few which you could see in both games actually gave a shit! I reckon Me-hico will go for it against Uragay anyway as noone would want to play Argentina when its in their own hands not to, be funny if Mexico win and France draw in an ideal world :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]In every game there are probably 10 deliberate fouls rather than mistimed fouls.
    I know I am playing devils advocate here, but at end of day it was refereeing error.
    If he handled the ball in midfield at somepoint during the game and got away with it, there wouldnt be an issue.
    People wouldnt be saying it is cheating.
    It is only an issue because it was a famous ex premiership player and it was against Ireland.

give over, are you french? or related to one? you talking out your ass
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]In every game there are probably 10 deliberate fouls rather than mistimed fouls.
    I know I am playing devils advocate here, but at end of day it was refereeing error.
    If he handled the ball in midfield at somepoint during the game and got away with it, there wouldnt be an issue.
    It is only an issue because it was a famous ex premiership player and it was against Ireland.

I suggest you look up the term above.
    Or you reading out your elbow?
  • Options
    Ave it...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    I knowI am playing devils advocate here, but at end of day it was refereeing error.

I suggest you look up the term above.
    Or you reading out your elbow?

I normally always side with you Johnny but he has a point here, if it haddn't happened to Ireland then no one would care if it had happened to North Korea for example. Now i have to be honest even though i am biased in the French's favour they cheated their way to the WC and deserve nothing less than they are getting but then i also have never understood the love the world seems to have for the irish either but that just down to who i have met over the years you can only go on personal experiences. So i cannot pretend i am please to see what is happening to the french team but as they cheated their way there i spose they deserve it Karma and all that mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]There is some truth in what you say but generally I think the French players were trying, the problem was they were totally clueless as what to do in attack. There were plenty of times when literally all the front players were on one side of the pitch, no-one in the box and when crosses were coming in there was nobody there. They didn't know what to do in attack and you can only blame the manager and his selections for this. There were players out of position and supporting the man on the ball at times was non-existent too. As I said earlier, to stick with 451 when they were chasing the game was bonkers. Domenech spent his time ruining the spirit of French football and convinced himself he was a tactical genius at the last World Cup. Poor showings at the Euros and now this World Cup, the French team and the fans can't wait for him to leave!

I agree. There's way too much emphasis put on passion and effort in football, as if every issue is caused by a lack of them. People spout it about England all the time. If they lose it's because they 'don't care' or are 'overpaid', and if they secure a big win it's because they are 'lions' and 'play for the shirt'. There's a whole raft of tactical reasons that influence football results, but they don't fit into easy catchphrases.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

I normally always side with you Johnny but he has a point here, if it haddn't happened to Ireland then no one would care if it had happened to North Korea for example.

What sort of point is that? And if it had happened to Brazil the world would care a lot more than it happening to Ireland. Injustices are injustices no matter who they happen to. There would be less reaction to it happening to North Korea but that's more a reflection on the media than a reflection on the incident. You don't judge cheating based on how many people care.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

I normally always side with you Johnny but he has a point here, if it haddn't happened to Ireland then no one would care if it had happened to North Korea for example.

What sort of point is that? And if it had happened to Brazil the world would care a lot more than it happening to Ireland. Injustices are injustices no matter who they happen to. There would be less reaction to it happening to North Korea but that's more a reflection on the media than a reflection on the incident. You don't judge cheating based on how many people care.

No i see what your saying fair comment. I spose the media hype it all up so much that we all feel a bit flat when things like this happen.
  • Options
    I hope Mexico and Uruguay stitch up a draw and put France out. They can have no complaints if that happens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]For family reasons i am heart brocken the french lost but on the standard of play they did deserve to loose, big time, the French media will hound them for last night, would like to see the Paris local paper today because they are always ripping into the Football team even when they are doing ok. So after last night they a probably being absolutly destroyed.

You're always going on about family in France. I've asked you this on another thread: are they actually French?