Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If there was a Charlton Life team, where would you play?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I've already had meetings with the Former Players Assoc and Football Aid who are very keen to get something organised but make it more interesting. it was available last year but you bought an individual place on a team so played with strangers. We thought it would be more attractive to have a team of mates plus some ex-charlton players (webster, Bumstead, Foley etc) and play the game at the Valley. What we need to get in a decent slot at the Valley ie a Weekend or Friday evening after the season ends.

Yes women can play, why not.

Sound like we could get two teams together. Reds v Blacks or whatever. You'd have to pay or get some sponsorship

Would be excellent if we could organise - sounds great Henry. When I was playing at uni, there were some issues over mixed matches - something the FA frowns upon, apparently...that was a long time ago, but might be something we'd need to check. I'd also need to know that a few more females would be on for it - preferably ones as old and unfit as me! Anyone out there??
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Left Winger (like my hero Len) as a kid but then got far more into Rugby so after that tended to goalkeep by preference but would play anywhere when I made my occasional appearances in the Kent Suburban league to help my mates out if they were short.
  • Options
    Midfield, if I can still run, or right back.
    Or left wing - like in the days before subs, when you put your injured player out on the left wing.

Should be able to last 20 mins........maybe
  • Options
    left wing or up front
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]left wing or up front

You'll have to play up front , Rothko's left wing
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    sounds good to me..
  • Options
    Central Midfield - think Gerrard, think Lampard, think Bryan Hughes...... just trips off the tongue doesn't it.

I can also play Right Back :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    striker, right wing, left wing,center mid, center back, left back right back, sweeper, holding midfield, attacking midfield.

wats left? ill take it!

played reasonably high standard at right wing tho.
  • Options
    Physio?
  • Options
    no way not with the fittness levels of some of these lads on here id be too busy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Left back, centre half, left midfield and up front, every team I played for, at some would end up in goal, (playing gaelic football for 6 years helped in this postion.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Left back, centre half, left midfield and up front, every team I played for, at some would end up in goal, (playing gaelic football for 6 years helped in this postion.)

Sounds identical to me guiness, except for the centre half bit, Gaelic in this country?
  • Options
    St Anns, home ground at New Etham,also played at Hackney Marshes, Edmonton and Ruislip and touring Ireland every Easter for the craic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]St Anns, home ground at New Etham,also played at Hackney Marshes, Edmonton and Ruislip and touring Ireland every Easter for the craic.

Used to play all our home matches at Eltham until they moved all fixtures to Ruislip, then travel became an issue. Played for St. Malachy's, Dartford and did the Easter tours of Ireland, mostly in the Meath and Cavan area, fantastic fun.
  • Options
    Centre-back but think more Hermann than Ferdinand. I have height and speed but limited ball skills. Simple but effective I'd say.