Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well that was a pile of pants wasnt it!

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
ok i know theres a thread but just needed to say that seperately. ↲You can sink me now.↲absolutely pissed off.

Comments

• Options
    Yes. Yes - it absolutely was.
  • Options
    Watching England has very much the same feel to it as Charlton, you can just predict when we are and not going to turn up!So frustrating!England are just going to add to a frustrating season of watching our beloved!
  • Options
    We're comming home...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]We're comming home...
    You'll probably pass Rooney, Lampard, Terry, Lennon, Johnson and a few others on the way - they haven't even turned up yet
  • Options
    lol adam! Yes we are! But sadly without the football. Sad bunch of bleeps! am still angry!
  • Options
    For some reason i dont actually care and haven't before the WC started.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SamB09[/cite]For some reason i dont actually care and haven't before the WC started.

Errmmm well lucky you Sam....were we to come back with the cup and have the biggest party and uplift for a severly beleagured nation since VE Day, then no doubt you'd stay at home watching Neighbours.
  • Options
    An awful performance, but who do you blame? My reading of it is that the players want to play one way and the manager wants to play another. Everyone is blaming the manager this morning, but surely the players want to win the World Cup and are good enough to work to a system that matches their club role....especially against a very ordinary team like Algeria.

To be honest, we are not good enough. The spine of the team is not strong enough despite journalists telling me that players like Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are world class. I would like to see the manager drop the dissenters (he must know who they are) and play the team that wants to play. If that means Carrick, Defoe, Crouch, Upson and those which aren't on paper in the best eleven, it doesn't matter. I would rather we failed against Slovenia with some passion rather than hope that we scrape through a round or two so that the so-called stars feel inclined to put in their best efforts.

Rant over.
  • Options
    6 million quid a year for managing that! Nice work if you can get it.
  • Options
    Over payed, over hyped, average players at world cup level. Thought it was refreshing to see how ordinary they were made to look by a bunch of fresh faced triers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dire. As an American, I had no strong rooting interest in the match, but on the heels of dramatic performances from Serbia, Germany, Slovenia, and the US, the English effort was abysmal. To limit my drinking in the early afternoon, our game was to drink only when Rooney touched the ball.

Hard to believe that they managed to make Bougherra look like one of the best center halves in the world. He is certainly good, and I love his game, but was absolutely flattered by that effort.
  • Options
    I am actually not angry about it atall i just dont partiucularly care about England haven't done for years. Dont warm to any of the players, coaching staff, Managers or the plastics wearing their face paint to a football match. At the end of the day England are so over hyped i am all hyped out and have lost my passion for England football team long ago and to be honest i am not angry at this result. Besides at least if we go out early so i can enjoy and appricate the good football teams like Argentina are starting to play and the rest of the WC.
  • Options
    Ru1986. My thoughts exactly. 40 years, nearly, of poor managers, naive tactics, over hyped players, most of whom, I suspect would rather be on a beach somewhere with their chavy women. Sir Alf must look down sometimes and sob quietly to himself. Roll on the friendly at Welling .
  • Options
    Too slow
    no first touch
    unable to pass to same team

capello won't play Crouch because he reckons we only play long ball - then plays long ball up to Heskey!

Embarassing performance shows how lightweight we are up front and a winger like Adam Johnson would have enjoyed the game.

Crap coaching IMO, crap squad selection and fabio needs to buck his ideas up pronto
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Utter utter utter PREMIERshite ! Are we all blind ? Name the Englishmen who won the Premiership ? You could count em on one hand.....supposedly the best and most competitive league in the World ? Week in week out teams dominated and owned by foreign money and crammed full of foreign talent are hyped by our overblown self serving media to feed a country populated by poorly educated fools. The same fools who needed three Leadership debates to decide on who to vote for this election after 13 fecking years of vile self serving spin with absolutely no thruth or substance. See any correlation with our national team anyone ?

Last real England team I supported had the likes of Keegan playing in it, thats how old I am but I STILL had that feeling of anticipation as I sat down to watch that garbage last night. My wife and daughter resigned of course to me yelling obsenities at the 11 millionaires running around in the white of England for 90 minutes. Can I not watch against Slovenia ? I doubt it....WHAT IS FUCKING WRONG WITH ME ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I am actually not angry about it atall i just dont partiucularly care about England haven't done for years. Dont warm to any of the players, coaching staff, Managers or the plastics wearing their face paint to a football match. At the end of the day England are so over hyped i am all hyped out and have lost my passion for England football team long ago and to be honest i am not angry at this result. Besides at least if we go out early so i can enjoy and appricate the good football teams like Argentina are starting to play and the rest of the WC.[/quote]
    I agree with your views 100% Ru. Couldn't really care less, but I thought it was funny how shockingly poor we were. Majid looked MOTM to me. Rooney would struggle to get into out 1st team playing like that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]An awful performance, but who do you blame? My reading of it is that the players want to play one way and the manager wants to play another. Everyone is blaming the manager this morning, but surely the players want to win the World Cup and are good enough to work to a system that matches their club role....especially against a very ordinary team like Algeria.

To be honest, we are not good enough. The spine of the team is not strong enough despite journalists telling me that players like Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are world class. I would like to see the manager drop the dissenters (he must know who they are) and play the team that wants to play. If that means Carrick, Defoe, Crouch, Upson and those which aren't on paper in the best eleven, it doesn't matter. I would rather we failed against Slovenia with some passion rather than hope that we scrape through a round or two so that the so-called stars feel inclined to put in their best efforts.

Rant over.[/quote]

My feelings entirely TMA.
  • Options
    I just dont understand why people are letting it get to them so much, to me its just not that important, the playoff semis finals were, but that corprate crap that is Engalnd i just dont care enough about to keep making comments on them. Well at least i can enjoy the likes of Argentina and Brazil without having to worry about the plastics coming out again. So put your f*****g flags down or keep them out all year round not just because its the world cup its pathetic i have not put any flags up but i might do for every charlton game from now on, have a massive Charlton flag out every time were playing then i can say "just let me support my team" in that pathetic way most of them have done over the last few weeks. To be honest i was more upset with the France (for family reasons just incase some dont know some of my family have lived in Paris for about 20 years now) result just do not care about these boys of England atall.
  • Options
    im not blamin him but heskey should not be playing for england. Average championship player. And why does the whole nation call for rooney up on his own but that bo selector lookalike is to set in his was to see it. What a waste of time. You have only got to play your players in their best posistions ffs!

On a plus tho, james had a good game.......
  • Options
    Yep got the keeper sorted, now for the other ten ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rupert you are right.

I vented my spleen on here last night but couldn't really understand why as in reality I have few expectations of the England football team.

After sleeping on it I have realised that subconsciously I was comparing the attitude of the prima donnas in our football team to the man described here and getting annoyed as a result that life is not bloody fair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/sport-obituaries/7835829/Andy-Ripley.html

As a former rugby player and fan he was one of my sporting heroes even though he was not much older than me.

My problem entirely and i accept that there is no logical reason to link the two events other than that they occurred at a similar time.

I'm over my annoyance with England now. I won't even be watching the Slovenia game live as it is 3pm on Wednesday and I will be working.
  • Options
    England can still do well but Will the manager change the formation - i think not , he is too stubborn. My team for the next game......JAMES , JOHNSON , DAWSON , TERRY , COLE
    LENNON , LAMPARD , BARRY , J COLE
    GERRARD
    ROONEY
    I also think not taking Adam johnson was a massive mistake , if he had taken him my team would have been
    James , johnson , dawson , terry , cole
    lennon , gerrard , barry , a johnson
    joe cole
    Rooney
  • Options
    so funny.

A football team plays badly and we have the most OTT Reation as ever.

WTF does it have to do with election debates or rugby or who sings some dirge of a song or flags in windows or all the rest of it.

Jeez, we really love to wallow in some self pity in this country dont we.
  • Options
    Yes we do. That was shit an we have every right to moan.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Agreed it was poor and its not the quality of the football i am moaning at. Its the fact that everyone is so wound up about the performance at the end of the day any result that is not a loss away from Wemberley is a good result. As many a plastic would tell you we are great at Wemberley look how good we are when we dont play there and plus there is not one of the players i warm too or like in any way atall.

I just for the life of me cannot understand why, as Charlton fans, we care that much, surely there are more important things to worry about closer to home, the WC was a nice distraction from the dissapointment of the end of the season but now i just cannot wait til July the 10th back at Welling watching them demolish us, dirking beer in the stand with a cheeky ciggy too, in the sun maybe (unlikeley this year) not an England flag or facepaint in sight (anyone would think its a village fate) and not a plastic to be seen roll on pre season :-)

EDIT: So that said i will not be making any more comments about how England can improve or what i hope to see or how its not all over yet because like i said from the begging i dont care for England. Its not that i dont care about the WC because i do and i want to watch the exciting teams but we are not one of them so lets leave it to rest and put those bellends to bed.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ru, I don't usually bother to reply to stupid posts but yours really wrattled me.
    Just because it's not important to you then people are "pathetic or plastics". The English team is important to me and many others and I'm pretty sure that if (very unlikely but if) England won the World Cup you would celebrate with the rest.
    It was a crap game and crap performance last night but to start spouting on about "I was more upset about France" or "I can enjoy the likes of Brazil or Argentina" just shows how pathetic you are.
    Supporters have spent thousands following England to South Africa and if they want to paint there faces who are you to call them plastics.
    Just to add a bit as you posted another load of shit. Yes I am a Charlton supporter but I am also English that is why I get upset.
    To be honest I can't be bothered to write any more because your post has really pissed me off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Ru, I don't usually bother to reply to stupid posts but yours really wrattled me.
    Just because it's not important to you then people are "pathetic or plastics". The English team is important to me and many others and I'm pretty sure that if (very unlikely but if) England won the World Cup you would celebrate with the rest.
    It was a crap game and crap performance last night but to start spouting on about "I was more upset about France" or "I can enjoy the likes of Brazil or Argentina" just shows how pathetic you are.
    Supporters have spent thousands following England to South Africa and if they want to paint there faces who are you to call them plastics.
    To be honest I can't be bothered to write any more because your post has really pissed me off.

Ok fair point mate i dont mean to anger people as much as i have you. Its just my view mate. During the game last night i was upset but i am over it now and am waiting for July 10th. I was only more upset with the France result because i expected bigger from them. England i was not as shocked to see fail but hey we are still in the WC so you never know :-)
  • Options
    Where's Joe Cole?
  • Options
    Felt like one of those horribly frustrating Charlton games last season. I think last season has scarred me.