Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well that was a pile of pants wasnt it!

2»

Comments

• Options
    as I said on another thread I'm probably one of the few on here who can be blaise about this. As jimmymelrose will testify I've never been bothered with England. I'd rather Charlton scored one goal in a 7-1 defeat than England win the World Cup. Ever since I've been born they have disappointed time after time in the WC and the Euros. I'm surprised that anyone get's surprised by it anymore. I'm even more surprised that any England fan enters these tournaments thinking we'll do well, this is the year etc etc. Believe me if you accept we are crap and are never going to win anything then you'll never feel fed-up and so let down.
  • Options
    Rooney , Gerrard , lampard , Ashley Cole , Terry these are not crap players , they are top players , its the formation we use them in which is CRAP! Next season ill accept that Charlton are crap will never win anything so ill never feel let down...jeez
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]so funny.

A football team plays badly and we have the most OTT Reation as ever.

WTF does it have to do with election debates or rugby or who sings some dirge of a song or flags in windows or all the rest of it.

Jeez, we really love to wallow in some self pity in this country dont we.

Yes Henry, absolutely hilarious. "We" also love to put people down and stick the boot in whenever possible in a self-important, self-righteous and superior way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]as I said on another thread I'm probably one of the few on here who can be blaise about this. As jimmymelrose will testify I've never been bothered with England. I'd rather Charlton scored one goal in a 7-1 defeat than England win the World Cup. Ever since I've been born they have disappointed time after time in the WC and the Euros. I'm surprised that anyone get's surprised by it anymore. I'm even more surprised that any England fan enters these tournaments thinking we'll do well, this is the year etc etc. Believe me if you accept we are crap and are never going to win anything then you'll never feel fed-up and so let down.

My point exactaly Large and exactaly the same way i feel too and like you have done for years too. The last bit especially mate i came into this WC with low hopes so am not upset now in the slightest, yes i was whilst watching the game but as soon as it finished hugged my missis and finished my beer then off to bed ;-). However its not the tournments themselves that i am daming cos on the whole i have enjoyed the WC i mean at the end of the day football all day everyday for a month is great no mater what sort of football fan you are i just do not raise my hopes for usless England.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]Rooney , Gerrard , lampard , Ashley Cole , Terry these are not crap players , they are top players , its the formation we use them in which is CRAP! Next season ill accept that Charlton are crap will never win anything so ill never feel let down...jeez

Large is talking about a completly different concept. Charlton are big fish in small pond and while we are in this league we will always be one of the biggest teams in the league so expectation should be high. England seem to think we should be up there with the Brazil's, Argentinas and co's and granted based on the squad we have we should but we are not. We have almost always had one of the best squads in the world but we have only ever been to one internation final ever in the history of football but at Wemberley we are ace so all hes saying is just accept it wont happen again until we host the cup again and you wpnt feel so let down.
  • Options
    What the feck has happened to them? They looked alright in the qualifiers.

If they couldn't get a goal against that lot last night they've got no chance on Wednesday.

I'd drop Rooney, Heskey and Lennon and put on Crouch, Defoe and Wright-Phillips.

David James looked ok...
  • Options
    ha ha off it, still embarressed about your silly ball boys comment I see.

Take the chip off your shoulder chum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Where's Joe Cole?

Are you missing the guy who can beat 5 men and end up further back than where he started then?
    The headless chicken who will always go for glory and never look for a team-mate in a better goalscoring position.
    Or is it a case that when they are not in the eam we only remember their good points? ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]ha ha off it, still embarressed about your silly ball boys comment I see.

Take the chip off your shoulder chum.

Yawn. Actually, I'm embarrassed by people like you - but I learnt a long time ago how to live with it. It's actually quite funny.

Oh, and on the subject of embarrassing things, you really want to sort your spelling out - it's embarrASSing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]

Hard to believe that they managed to make Bougherra look like one of the best center halves in the world. He is certainly good, and I love his game, but was absolutely flattered by that effort.

Quite so.
    Couldn't have imagined when he wore a Charlton shirt that he would get such an easy ride against the likes of Rooney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    still think we will qualify,and i think in some style weds
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]

Hard to believe that they managed to make Bougherra look like one of the best center halves in the world. He is certainly good, and I love his game, but was absolutely flattered by that effort.

Quite so.
    Couldn't have imagined when he wore a Charlton shirt that he would get such an easy ride against the likes of Rooney.

Agree with this shocking wasn't it. At least us Crewe and Sheff Wed got a lil mention :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Soapy_Jones[/cite]Utter utter utter PREMIERshite ! Are we all blind ? Name the Englishmen who won the Premiership ? You could count em on one hand.....supposedly the best and most competitive league in the World ? Week in week out teams dominated and owned by foreign money and crammed full of foreign talent are hyped by our overblown self serving media to feed a country populated by poorly educated fools. The same fools who needed three Leadership debates to decide on who to vote for this election after 13 fecking years of vile self serving spin with absolutely no thruth or substance. See any correlation with our national team anyone ?

Last real England team I supported had the likes of Keegan playing in it, thats how old I am but I STILL had that feeling of anticipation as I sat down to watch that garbage last night. My wife and daughter resigned of course to me yelling obsenities at the 11 millionaires running around in the white of England for 90 minutes. Can I not watch against Slovenia ? I doubt it....WHAT IS FUCKING WRONG WITH ME ?

A few weeks ago many people on here were blaming Gordon Brown and the Labour party for the World recession, the banking crisis in the US, wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and God knows what else, and now you are blaming them for England's poor performance in the World Cup. Not only do you blame the Labour party but you blame the 'poorly educated fools' who supported Labour in the last election and are supporting England in this World Cup!
  • Options
    Could not agree more with Soapy Jones and Ru1986.

Plus Curb-it - I said last world cup that watching England was just like watching Charlton and it still is! (The Charlton of the last 5 years that is)

And on that note, after all that dross we will qualify with a safe 2-0 win next week.
  • Options
    Ru, hard as it may be to understand, this is it in a nutshell:

1. I am English
    2. I care how the England team do at the World Cup

Can you see the connection?

In the same way that I wouldn't want to support Germany, I can kind of understand why German people have a tendency to do that.

So the next time you start slagging English people off for showing a bit of patriotism by having flags etc. and getting into the spirit of things, don't tell us that you are more arsed about the French team because that just makes you look like a total cretin.
  • Options
    George Brown? Not sure that anybody could blame him Redin, didn't he die about 20 years ago?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]George Brown? Not sure that anybody could blame him Redin, didn't he die about 20 years ago?

Thanks. I keep making that mistake!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Ru, hard as it may be to understand, this is it in a nutshell:

1. I am English
    2. I care how the England team do at the World Cup

Can you see the connection?

In the same way that I wouldn't want to support Germany, I can kind of understand why German people have a tendency to do that.

So the next time you start slagging English people off for showing a bit of patriotism by having flags etc. and getting into the spirit of things, don't tell us that you are more arsed about the French team because that just makes you look like a total cretin.

Couldn't agree more....
  • Options
    Like Ru, I am English and have always been passionate about the England games.

But .......

Like Ru, I just can't relate to this England team - the pansy, poncy players and especially the media overblown hype and bollux.
    That doesn't mean I'm not patriotic ....... it just means it all seems powderpuff to me, and I can't relate to it.

Confession 1:

Yesterday, I only bothered to watch the 2nd half on the telly at home. I could have gone down the pub, but the negativity amongst my mates would have been suffocating especially as the lagers took effect - and I wasn't in the mood for all that.

It would feel like watching Charlton feebly lose at a half empty Valley, on a wet and windy night in February.
    And I've already done that this year.

Confession 2:

I had the chance to go to Sith Efrica and stay in Jo'burg at the home of somebody I used to work with.
    Having thought long and hard about it, I decided I'd rather go there next year when there's no World Cup.

Meanwhile, down here in Cornwall, the sun is shining and the summer weather so far is the best we've had for years.
    I've discovered there is life outside of football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    if only the fans that had trekked over there had thought positively and not booed, then we wouldn't be in this mess
  • Options
    I just dont understand why people are letting it get to them so much, to me its just not that important, the playoff semis finals were Really to you it may not but too me it was more important,

but that corprate crap that is Engalnd i just dont care enough about to keep making comments on them Funny because you just read an england thread and commented on it so which is it .

Well at least i can enjoy the likes of Argentina and Brazil without having to worry about the plastics coming out again[/i].Please explain that because i dont know any plastic Argies or brazilians

So put your f*****g flags down or keep them out all year round not just because its the world cup its pathetic a cross of St George flies on a flag pole attached to my house 365 days a year but those that chose only to join me every 2-4 years i find fantastic and i feel pride watching the cross fliy high and proud during world cups and euros who the hell are you to criticise anyone about their choices

i have not put any flags up but i might do for every charlton game from now on, have a massive Charlton flag out every time were playing then i can say "just let me support my team" in that pathetic way most of them have done over the last few weeks how fecking ignorant and disrespectful are you ?.

To be honest i was more upset with the France (for family reasons just incase some dont know some of my family have lived in Paris for about 20 years now) result just do not care about these boys of England atall. Then start a thread about your lovely french team or feck off to france
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]if only the fans that had trekked over there had thought positively and not booed, then we wouldn't be in this mess

they didn't booo they sung and supported all game and england were wank ..... they boooooed at the end and i bet we see an improved performance on wednesday therefore booooing works .... so booooo to all the non boooooers , maybe if we booooed more we'd have gone up
  • Options
    Booing is moronic and pointless, never, ever, ever boo your team....ever!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]

I wasn't going to call him a total cretin but I was wondering about this. I think you said RU that some of your family live in France. This isn't the same as some of your family being French. Are they French or do they live in France? If it's just the latter have you actually asked them if they want France to win? Perhaps someone in your family has married into a French family, but have they really integrated? You obviously are in no way French otherwise you'd know that 'fête' is not spelt 'fate.' If you're not French why would you care more about them than England? Like Large (see below) I don't believe this is true.
    One last question for you: How many 'Algerian' players were born in France? Who do you think they care about?

Re: Large. He professes that I will confirm that he has never cared about England. I confirm that he SAYS that he doesn't care about England. I have never believed it though. The reason being that I think its a defense mechanism. He forces himself not to care because he's sure we'll not win. Sensible maybe, but not the same thing, and if you read his comments you'll see that he's letting the cat out of the bag.
  • Options
    I like a lot of your responses to ru. Knowing southampton addick as i do, takes a lot to irritate him but seems he has upset a lot. Lots of you say your not in interested in england bla bla bla but i think rupert upsets most people because he calls anyone supporting England a plastic. Which isnt the case. Lord knows what he would make of me a full on passport carrying irish plastic paddy. But he likes the french so lets hope they get thru an play argentina as he likes them too. ↲Ah well.
  • Options
    you had a drink?
  • Options
    Not as much as i would have liked. Bla bla bla. Up the addicks! X x x
  • Options
    People seem to forget that we are in the REAL group of death :-)
    I can see a comfortable win on Wednesday.
    Who to though?
    Locking the players away doesn't seem to have helped. Maybe a night in the dentists chair may do the trick?