Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England V Germany..... again.

Sunday afternoon kick off. One word for this thread...

Discuss.

Comments

• when we play them in the 'finals' of a tournament i always expect us to lose cos we won the one that mattered in 1966 ....
    similar to when we ever have a penalty shoot out/play sunderland i always expect us to lose cos we won the one that mattered in 1998
  • just like world war two.

French surrender, Yanks arrive late and we're up against the Germans

; - )
  • Henners wins the award for first mention of the war... jeeez you old timers just can't let it go can you? ;-)
  • some english fan they interviewed on itv news from oohaah-africa said "bring on the ten german bombers and all that"
  • Hesky to come back in...

5 1 and even heskey scored!!!!!!!

No need for all the old tripe chants I think that one will hurt more than any references to 2 world wars and 1 world cup do dah do dah..
  • We will beat them.

Argies in the Quarters though, not so confident.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]just like world war two.

; - )

And the Italians are still undecided.
  • Just like "One Night In Turin" all over again ;-)
  • England are very similar to charlton, we will win. :o)

Basically when you expect them lose they will come up trumps, not confident for the rest of the tourney but got a feeling we gonna win sunday 2-0nil start with heskey though so he can batter them for 60 minutes then bring on defoe
  • you've got to be joking about heskey surely?! keep the same side, why change it at the moment when it seems to have clicked rather than bringing the lumbering fool back in
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]just like world war two.

; - )

And the Italians are still undecided.

lol to both.
  • then the Argies some time later, won't be a walkover this time..
  • Franz Beckenbauer is getting right on my nerves, shut up you fool. We just played our best match of the tournament yet according to him we look "tired and burnt out".

We only play 4 more league games than the the Bundesliga.

Shut up
  • I am not convinced.. we did improve, but look who its against - I don't think he's far wrong there.

Glen Johnson did seem to improve tho, as did Milner.

several players, Rooney for one, are clearly a bit burnt out.

The coach's tactics are questionable

Joe Cole and Peter Crouch both with international proven track records should have played more

Depending on which Germany turns up, we may have serious problems, as for getting past the Argies, well that's our cup final

Let's hope his comments jeer up our players anyhow
  • Beckenbauer spouting his mouth off again i see.
    They're worried.
  • I think it's brilliant we're playing them. If we had got Ghana or Australia they are no win games.

Germans is a proper game

Then IF we get rhough it we could play the Argies.

Bring it on, no shame in losing to them (although a lot of pain and anguish) but losing to some tinpot country would be bad. Very bad!
  • spot on Carter, exactly what I said to my mate yesterday
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think it's brilliant we're playing them. If we had got Ghana or Australia they are no win games.

Germans is a proper game

Bring it on, no shame in losing to them (although a lot of pain and anguish) but losing to some tinpot country would be bad. Very bad!

Good shout. If we've got any ideas about winning the WC, we've got to beat teams like this at some stage.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Beckenbauer spouting his mouth off again i see.
    They're worried.

Loew meanwhile has described us as a 'wonderful team' and 'incredibly dangerous'. Not sure if it's some kind of mind game, or he's trying to dampen expectations that Germany have this in the bag
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I think it's brilliant we're playing them. If we had got Ghana or Australia they are no win games.

Germans is a proper game

Good shout. If we've got any ideas about winning the WC, we've got to beat teams like this at some stage.

True, although the argument against would be it'd be nice to be a bit closer to the final before we have to play such games. It'll be easier to turn it on for 2 games than for 4.

That being said, I'm excited at the chance of a crack at the Germans and Argies, and the potential glory is probably worth the risk
  • Sponsored links:

• The german football expert on talksport was worried about us, he reckons swinesteger?? Is a major doubt and without him germany are in trouble, the centre backs are slow and lumbersome so defoe rooney etc could roast them. I really think there worried, but then again its the germans, would hate it to be all over come Sunday night.
  • The porkmounter may be out.

Good news
  • England's head to head record against Germany: Won 12, Lost 10, For 47, Against 34 :-)
  • Having watched all Englands matches and all of Germanys also I think that the Germans look like a team whereas we still do not. Would love to be wrong but I think the Germans will beat us at a canter this time.
  • Good time to play the Krauts.Notorious slow starters and would much rather play us in a semi than this early.Bring it on.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The german football expert on talksport was worried about us, he reckons swinesteger?? Is a major doubt and without him germany are in trouble, the centre backs are slow and lumbersome so defoe rooney etc could roast them. I really think there worried, but then again its the germans, would hate it to be all over come Sunday night.

Would be good news if Schweinstieger is out. Noticed as well that whilst they are strong aerially they are slow on the floor at central defence as you mention.

Badstuber will be worrying about Johnson & Milner, meanwhile Muller poses little threat to Cole, but Cole & Gerrard will need to keep tabs on Lahm! Hopefully Cole can keep him pressed back.

Ozil, Klose and Podolski are dangerous though and Khaderia looks to link things well. I think Barry may struggle to get to grips with the little turk, he is a little slow, Hargreaves would've been the ideal man to track him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The german football expert on talksport was worried about us, he reckons swinesteger?? Is a major doubt and without him germany are in trouble, the centre backs are slow and lumbersome so defoe rooney etc could roast them. I really think there worried, but then again its the germans, would hate it to be all over come Sunday night.

Badstuber will be worrying about Johnson & Milner, meanwhile Muller poses little threat to Cole, but Cole & Gerrard will need to keep tabs on Lahm! Hopefully Cole can keep him pressed back.

If there's one player I'd want against Lahm, it's Cole. If I was Germany I'd give serious thought to sticking Lahm on the left and letting him run at Glen Johnson!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The german football expert on talksport was worried about us, he reckons swinesteger?? Is a major doubt and without him germany are in trouble, the centre backs are slow and lumbersome so defoe rooney etc could roast them. I really think there worried, but then again its the germans, would hate it to be all over come Sunday night.

On his current form Rooney would find it hard to roast Paddy McCarthy and Linvoy Primus.....
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Good time to play the Krauts.Notorious slow starters and would much rather play us in a semi than this early.Bring it on.

Jeez, we had "Nips" yesterday and "Krauts" today, wtf is going on here?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Good time to play the Krauts.Notorious slow starters and would much rather play us in a semi than this early.Bring it on.

Jeez, we had "Nips" yesterday and "Krauts" today, wtf is going on here?

And we could meet the dagos if we get past the krauts. But not the wops, they're out.