Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England V Germany..... again.

2»

Comments

• Options
    on a lighter note, we are wearing all red again on Sunday
  • Options
    and on the BBC - the best omen yet
    64% won on BBC
    30% won on ITV
    since 1982.

Yes, I am a bore in the pub!
  • Options
    10/1 we beat them on penalties.

Am I allowed to call them "them" or is that offensive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]10/1 we beat them on penalties.

Am I allowed to call them "them" or is that offensive.

Highly!
  • Options
    is Klose banned after the sending off?
  • Options
    expecting us to win as we are wearing the magnificent red shirts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]is Klose banned after the sending off?

No he served it in their last group match.

[cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Having watched all Englands matches and all of Germanys also I think that the Germans look like a team whereas we still do not. Would love to be wrong but I think the Germans will beat us at a canter this time.

Despite all of our faults, the one thing you can say about England is that no one ever beats us at a canter. Tight one goal defeat or penalties - yes, but us lose at a canter - no way whatsoever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

[cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Having watched all Englands matches and all of Germanys also I think that the Germans look like a team whereas we still do not. Would love to be wrong but I think the Germans will beat us at a canter this time.

Despite all of our faults, the one thing you can say about England is that no one ever beats us at a canter. Tight one goal defeat or penalties - yes, but us lose at a canter - no way whatsoever.

Agree. The last and only time i can think of, off the top of my head, is Denmark 4-1 in a two bob friendly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Agree. The last and only time i can think of, off the top of my head, is Denmark 4-1 in a two bob friendly.

And competitively probably even longer. I can't remember England losing convincingly since probably the 94 world cup qualifiers when we were hopeless against Norway and Holland.
  • Options
    We did lose away to Croatia 2-0, Robinson howler, but even that wasnt exactly all one sided.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As well as Schweinsteiger, Germany also have doubts over left back Boateng who's just signed for Man City, and apparently Ozil is nursing an ankle injury so although he'll start he's not fully fit either. Hopefully someone will kick him right on his ankle early on!
  • Options
    On talkpsort this morning there comparing us with italy of 82 I think. They were rubbish in there group sneaked through to the knockouts and just got better and better. Ian wright is on later adrian durham well worth a listen, I know some can't stand wrighty but his love for his country is second to none, he destroyed some chelsea numpty the other when he said we should drop rooney.

What's everyone doing for the game?

I have to work till about 1.30pm then its home family over bbq and footie and no doubt a few dozen cold beers.
  • Options
    In World Cup games, England have only ever beaten a team that's won the World Cup twice, and only once on foreign soil.
  • Options
    Schweinsteiger took part in a full training session today & he is likely to now play.
    Boateng is 50/50, but Cacau is out with a torn stomach muscle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]...but Cacau is out with a torn stomach muscle.

Blimey, are stomachs supposed to have muscles then?