Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

luis suarez

Comments

• Options

people just have to be more understanding and accepting of others views and feelings on certain aspects but people  want it written in black and white when it is never that simple but then that's people for you being difiicult

what one person finds offensive others find inoffensive

Can you kindly stick to offending us on our away support please.    :-)
  • Options

Just spoke to our west indian secretary and she happily confirmed that she does the teeth thing to everybody and she / they generally do it even more to her own origin / race. Decided the arranged collision could have taken some explaining away if i was caught.  

I find it offensive, but should I accept it as its a cultural thing?
    You should accept it as a disrepsectful thing. It isn't an 'insult' - it's an expression of distaste, disbelief, frustration, anger, irritation or irritation. I'm sure there are things that people from other cultures do that you don't like. Should you 'accept' it? Depends whether you're the sort of person who just randomly gets the arsehole when people 'diss' you.
  • Options

Just spoke to our west indian secretary and she happily confirmed that she does the teeth thing to everybody and she / they generally do it even more to her own origin / race. Decided the arranged collision could have taken some explaining away if i was caught.  

You should accept it as a disrepsectful thing. It isn't an 'insult' - it's an expression of distaste, disbelief, frustration, anger, irritation or irritation. I'm sure there are things that people from other cultures do that you don't like. Should you 'accept' it? Depends whether you're the sort of person who just randomly gets the arsehole when people 'diss' you.
    Hows it not an insult?
  • Options
    Yes "they" in west indian cultured people.
  • Options

I understand your point and find it irritating myself but i think in this instance it is different.
  • Options
    Yes "they" in west indian cultured people.
    Yes - its not easy writing it in a way that isn't misconstrued - i agree that there is a big difference between being racist and saying something that could be construed as racist but in this case to run around a pitch clling him that, knowing full well what he's doing - what does he expect?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I find the n word offensive,im also a  white man i am not the same as a black man so when i describe someone of another ethnic background i may use they as there is such a thing as diversity we are not all the same
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not disagreeing with that - i thought you were asking me. Not sure what Look out's point is - gone a bit OTT on the PC front if you ask me. To clarify - i think he (suarez) should be banned if thats what he's done, racism is not right but i do think things have gone a bit far in people trying to create racists out of people who aren't but may have said something that could sound a bit. It's all about intent in my view. 
  • Options
    no i was answering Lookout the cheeky bugger
  • Options
    I've never buggered a thing in my life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never buggered a thing in my life!
    don't know what your missing
  • Options
    For another thread
  • Options

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez will appeal against his Football Association punishment for racially abusing Patrice Evra, according to his lawyer.

Alejandro Balbi, who is also Suarez's agent, said his player was "convinced" the punishment would be reversed.

Suarez was handed an eight-game ban and £40,000 fine after he used "insulting words in reference to Manchester United defender Evra's colour".

"It seems to us absolutely out of proportion," Balbi said

"It's one of the hardest sanctions handed down in English football.

"He [Suarez] is firmly convinced this hard sanction can be reversed."

Speaking at a news conference in Uruguay capital Montevideo, Balbi said that it would be Liverpool's lawyers who made the appeal to the FA.

Suarez, who denied the allegations, has 14 days to launch his appeal against the decision. Should he do so, there is a possibility length of the ban could be increased.

• Options
    i dont expect footballers to have like choirboys but i expect them to set examples to those that play the game at lower levels and fans

i think suarez and john terry if found guilty should be banned for as long as is necessary for they to learn how to behave in a civilised manner towards their fellow man   
  • Options
    Now the evidence behind the judgement has been published, there may be some who would like to reconsider earlier posts.

Hard to believe Liverpool will be lodging an appeal once they've read the 115 page report.

• Options
    The suspensions is too light........when the appeal fails I hope they add a few more weeks
  • Options

Definitely. In fact, lets start a war about a group of godforsaken shithouse islands 8000 miles away that are the last vestiges of Britain's 'empire' to detract from the fact that we are utterly, utterly fucked economically.

You Div, them Islands hold thousands of people that rely on us and you want to say that???  You do talk some shit but just go away(in a polite way)

• Options
    Don't worry, Leroy is still sore about the Armada getting taken to the woodshed.
    :-)
  • Options

Definitely. In fact, lets start a war about a group of godforsaken shithouse islands 8000 miles away that are the last vestiges of Britain's 'empire' to detract from the fact that we are utterly, utterly fucked economically.

You Div, them Islands hold thousands of people that rely on us and you want to say that???  You do talk some shit but just go away(in a polite way)

'Div'? What are you, like, 12?
  • Options

No, but I refrained from calling you alot worse.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No, but I refrained from calling you alot worse.

Oh - that's alright then - thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    apparently an oldham player received some rascist abuse from a liverpool fan and was visibly upset by it , the ref and players tried to console him, now every time he gets the ball the lovable scousers are boooooing him
  • Options

I haven't spoken about this before on CL but there does seem to be a lot more of this going on lately. Not only in football but in all aspects of life. WTF is going on!

• Options
    If I made these comments to anyone where I worked I would be sacked for gross misconduct and quite right.  The "punishment" is way light.  Sack him.
  • Options
    If I made these comments to anyone where I worked I would be sacked for gross misconduct and quite right.  The "punishment" is way light.  Sack him.

Couldnt agree more. Though is it not also questionable whether the similar disapproval should be extended to Evra himself for using this racially offensive term about fellow professionals JFH and Lampard?

link

• Options
    Evra and Dianne Abbott. Whatever next.
  • Options

It's ridiculous. Racism is bad. We all know that. But the media need to chill out with all this "tit for tat" "he said this/ she said that". It is nothing but divisive and I can see what the sensationlism of it does to help anyone.

• Options
    LFC have acted in a manner that is disgusting and would only encourage the idiots. The Kop encouraged by Kenny have the famous siege mentality, they feel beset and I hope do not realise what has occurred. I fully expect LFC to now be total hypocrites and denounce this fan and ban him for life. The correct action but totally opposite to the their Suarez response
  • Options

It's ridiculous. Racism is bad. We all know that. But the media need to chill out with all this "tit for tat" "he said this/ she said that". It is nothing but divisive and I can see what the sensationlism of it does to help anyone.

Is it tit for tat though. Racism is racism. High profile people are not going to get away with it and deserve to be exposed. Abbott frankly should be sacked. I think were gonna see a few more 'celebs' caught in the act before the media find something else to sensationalise.

• Options

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.

Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.

Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made.

A senior Liverpool figure explained afterwards that stewards were immediately on the scene, and he said: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

The incident could not have come at a worst time for the club, following the controversy that has raged over the Suarez affair, who was banned for eight matches for racist abuse of Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

The FA are now sure to investigate, and Liverpool could face sanctions for failing to control their supporters.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!