Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

luis suarez

Comments

• Options

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.

Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.

Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made.

A senior Liverpool figure explained afterwards that stewards were immediately on the scene, and he said: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

The incident could not have come at a worst time for the club, following the controversy that has raged over the Suarez affair, who was banned for eight matches for racist abuse of Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

The FA are now sure to investigate, and Liverpool could face sanctions for failing to control their supporters.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options

Thick cnut was probably cheering on Glenn Johnson minutes earlier.  No doubt there will be a minute's silence at Anfield next week to commemorate the banning and it was  just that famous cheeky scouse humour.

• Options
    IF true and IF they were both wearing Suarez t -shirts Dagleish and Liverpool have some big explaining to do, the show of support of a player found guilty of racially abuse is ridiculous in itself and now this.
  • Options
    Liverpool old bill have said no arrests made in connection with incident but they are conducting investigation
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ...and Dianne Abbott is and always has been a bloody disgrace and proof that self-promotion, privelege and complacent bull***ing is not confined to any particular race.
  • Options
    Ooooh, that rhymes!
  • Options

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.

Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.

Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made.

A senior Liverpool figure explained afterwards that stewards were immediately on the scene, and he said: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

The incident could not have come at a worst time for the club, following the controversy that has raged over the Suarez affair, who was banned for eight matches for racist abuse of Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

The FA are now sure to investigate, and Liverpool could face sanctions for failing to control their supporters.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html

was only a matter of time until something like this happened after the disgraceful way the club conducted themselves.
  • Options
    i dont know how she can keep getting away with it.
  • Options
    Liverpools supporters are the best in the world, so they keep telling us not to mention the funniest. 

They have been so misunderstood at so many times. I will make no comment on the 2 highest profile events but will remember how at Selhurst Park their fans sang throughout the minutes silence for Stuart Leary, true class even back then. 
  • Options
    Liverpools supporters are the best in the world, so they keep telling us not to mention the funniest. 

They have been so misunderstood at so many times. I will make no comment on the 2 highest profile events but will remember how at Selhurst Park their fans sang throughout the minutes silence for Stuart Leary, true class even back then. 
    My favourite was the post Hillsbrough FA Cup Final vs Everton and he FA took down all if the pitch side mesh fencing out of respect for what had happened at Hillsbrough.

How did our Scouse friends repay them? By having a mass pitch invasion at full time and turning the whole post match ceremony into a farce.

All class.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    20 year old arrested last night on grounds of racially aggravated public order. lFC stating lifetime ban if guilty.

Maybe some of our own unwanted racist morons might want to take note that what they think is 'banter' is both morally repugnant and illegal.
  • Options
    Should of shook his hand imo !
  • Options
    Classless.
  • Options
    Evra not shaking Suarez's hand would be one thing, and you'd be able to understand it. Suarez refusing to shake Evra's hand is a disgrace. For the first time in the life I want United to win a football match
  • Options
    If anyone had the moral right to not do the handshake, it was Evra.

Says a lot about Evra, and even more about Suarez.
  • Options
    If anyone had the moral right to not do the handshake, it was Evra.

Says a lot about Evra, and even more about Suarez.
    Spot on. Fiesty start to the game.
  • Options
    If he thinks he's innocent then why should he shake his hand?
  • Options
    Didnt see it but sounds like suarez has made a very stupid mistake. The only thing to suggest is that suarez clearly strongly thinks he was innocent and unjustified of the 8 match ban he recieved.

He has shown himself to be an absolute twat and might not have much time left at Liverpool.
  • Options
    He's been found guilty. At the very least he's said something that is not considered racist in his country but is offensive in this one. In that case he should shake Evra's hand to show that there was no racist intention in what he said. I think the reality is that he is human garbage
  • Options
    Hate patrice evra but fair play to him .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicked from @Plaaayer,

Liverpool to have a minutes silence at the next home game to mark the loss of the handshake.
  • Options
    Showed his true colours there. If I was a scouser I would be ashamed to have that idiot playing in my team.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dalglish will defend it, justify it and turn it round on Evra and the FA. Unfortunately a once 'proud' club have shown themselves to be classless over this whole affair.
  • Options

He has shown himself to be an absolute twat and might not have much time left at Liverpool.
    I don't think this will have any bearing on his future at Liverpool. The club, but particularly the manager, have shown an unbelievable lack of class in this whole affair; The t-shirts decision, continuing to complain after the judgement was made (yet not appealing it?), Dalglish saying the ban was wrong on Suarez's return, and so on.
    My real issue with Liverpool F.C. throughout has been their insistence on making this about them - how it's a conspiracy and it's unfair etc - but it's about something so much more important than a football team. It's about racism - and Liverpool have consistently shown they don't give a shit about dealing with that.
  • Options
    Such an apt song sung by the Utd fans... "its never your fault...always the victims...its never your fault". Sums the Bin Dippers up.
  • Options
    If Dalglish had any standards at all he would have substituted Suarez in the first minute and told him to get a bus home.
  • Options
    He's been found guilty. At the very least he's said something that is not considered racist in his country but is offensive in this one. In that case he should shake Evra's hand to show that there was no racist intention in what he said. I think the reality is that he is human garbage
    Nobody HAS to shake another players hand. It's about respect and if Suarez does not respect Evra then dont shake his hand.
    I don't care if he's innocent or not. That's Irrelevant. It's a matter of choice.
    It's the same reason why Rio didnt shake hands.

• Options
    I agree with this!
  • Options
    Nobody HAS to shake another players hand. It's about respect and if Suarez does not respect Evra then dont shake his hand.
    I don't care if he's innocent or not. That's Irrelevant. It's a matter of choice.
    It's the same reason why Rio didnt shake hands.

So to summarise, Luis Suarez doesn't respect Patrice Evra for being offended at being racially abused, and you think that's ok? This isn't just any handshake, this is a handshake that will be closely scrutinised. The Terry/Bridge handshake went viral and that was over an ex-girlfriend. This handshake was being watched everywhere to see how footballers react when racism rears its head, and Suarez's reaction was 'sod him, he got me banned because he had the temerity to not want to be abused for the colour of his skin'. If Suarez was adamant he was going to be an arse he should have requested there not be a handshake at all, rather than go for his theatrical, childish 'offer and withdraw' handshake. And what do we hear at halftime? There's been violence between the two sides in the dressing room over it. If Jordan Rhodes doesn't want to shake Ben Hamer's hand because he thinks he's a twat then sod him, but this handshake was an important moment for racism in football. And Suarez decided he doesn't give a solitary about what he did. No respect for Evra, no respect for the issues he caused, no respect for racism. Disgrace
  • Options
    Manilow nails it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!