Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If anyone wants to get home

WSSWSS
edited January 2007 in Other Football and Sports
forget about it.

most lines have trees on the line and everything is getting cancelled.

even the websites are down now

Comments

• Options
    out oop west tonight, does any sidcup liner know what the state of play is regarding the late trains on the line ? Understand they have been changed this week.
  • Options
    Thames Clippers services to Greenwich and Woolwich are running normally, as are Jubilee line services to North Greenwich.

DLR is closed at the moment
  • Options
    I go New Eltham! Jubilee to North gren then a 286!I think
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    And driving won't be much fun round our way either mate. They've closed the bridge, obviously, so the M25 and surrounding roads by the tunnel are a nightmare.

I had to pick colleagues up from the Holiday Inn this morning, took me bloody ages to get there. When I went past it again lunchtime, Cotton Lane was backed up to the lights at London Rd and the traffic was starting to queue back to the Welsh Tavern. Gawd knows what it will be like by 5.00pm.
  • Options
    is everything out of charing cross fooked then? i got a 7pm ko tonight in catford.
  • Options
    Oh ffs it's a bit blowy I admit but it would seem the entire transport infrastructure of this country has fallen apart. Thank feck it's not snowing or that we have some really bad storms.

Great Britain? f all great about it from where I sit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]is everything out of charing cross fooked then? i got a 7pm ko tonight in catford.

Looks like lots of random cancellations, but the DLR should see you fine as far as Lewisham.
  • Options
    DLR is only running Canary Wharf to Lewisham at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite]Oh ffs it's a bit blowy I admit but it would seem the entire transport infrastructure of this country has fallen apart. Thank feck it's not snowing or that we have some really bad storms.

Great Britain? f all great about it from where I sit

Amazing how the transport network hasn't invented trees that don't blow down
  • Options
    http://www.journeycheck.com/southeastern/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It must be a new thing this "weather" because it obviousley didnt happen when they built lines, stations etc!Its a joke when they say the rain has caused delays!
  • Options
    Because it blows gales like this every day, doesn't it?
  • Options
    I seem to remember South East trains blaming the wrong type of snow falling one year for the electric doors on their trains jamming. This country eh..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Because it blows gales like this every day, doesn't it?

It's not that bad outside
  • Options
    AFKA re Sidcup line trains: Be careful mate, they have taken to stopping the trains on our line early midweek for engineering works - the last two (at least) being diverted via the Bexleyheath line. Replacement bus service from the 'Sham instead - magic!
    (I know - got caught out twice last week!)
  • Options
    im over that way tonight afka, kind of well grayss inn road, was thinking of walking for exercise but dont want to get twonked on the head.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]AFKA re Sidcup line trains: Be careful mate, they have taken to stopping the trains on our line early midweek for engineering works - the last two (at least) being diverted via the Bexleyheath line. Replacement bus service from the 'Sham instead - magic!
    (I know - got caught out twice last week!)

cheers Off It, looks like i'm going to have fun and games....
  • Options
    If anyone's interested...The M25 and A2 are at a standstill because the Dartford Bridge is closed. Deep Joy
  • Options
    its a joke, all the websites are down and the people on the phone are useless.

cab home i think and a little claim on expenses
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Because it blows gales like this every day, doesn't it?[/quote]

It's not that bad outside[/quote]

I take it you don't work in Canary Wharf then! - Jeez it's like a bloody tornado in here today! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]its a joke, all the websites are down and the people on the phone are useless.

cab home i think and a little claim on expenses

Traffic won't be much better by the sounds of it
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    No Way, Only 2nd floor for me! Just by the Thames
  • Options
    Woolwich Ferry is closed to add to the mare at Dartford.

High Speed river services still running, C'mon!
  • Options
    my missus has just told me part of the roof of london bridge station has blown off.. glad i worked from home today now..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]its a joke, all the websites are down and the people on the phone are useless.

cab home i think and a little claim on expenses[/quote]

Traffic won't be much better by the sounds of it[/quote]

Tell me about it - get the coach to work - Gonna be fun tonight!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jayblock[/cite]my missus has just told me part of the roof of london bridge station has blown off.. glad i worked from home today now..

yup. its shut to all passengers at the moment apparently
  • Options
    trains are still running through Ldn Bridge though (so I'm told) just can't get on or off there.
  • Options
    Wife just rang and told me that a house about 7 doors away has just had one of the huge fir tress in it's garden fall on it. Fire Brigade, Police and Ambulances everywhere.

Shit me I've got no chance of getting home now!!!

Option 1 - Stay here and do some work
    Option 2 - Fook that, leave the car where it is and walk home via the pub.

No brainer!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jayblock[/cite]my missus has just told me part of the roof of london bridge station has blown off.. glad i worked from home today now..

yup. its shut to all passengers at the moment apparently

My Ma works by London bridge, wont she be able to get a tube from LB??
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    no, she'll have to go somewhere else