Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad Numbers

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
Does anyone know when these will be announced ?

My son wants a new shirt, but is waiting until he can put a name and number on it.

Comments

• Options
    Just get Mambo 5 for the lolz
  • Options
    probably beginning of August. Need to sign more players before they are announced!
  • Options
    6 days until first game, assuming this must be early this week. Anyone know for sure?
  • Options
    You don't have to declare them till Tuesday from what I understand
  • Options
    hopefully a couple more 'first 11' signings before then maybe
  • Options
    Something like this for 1-11?

1. Elliott
    2. Solly/Francis
    3. Youga
    4. McCormack
    5. Llera
    6. Semedo
    7. Waggy
    8. Racon
    9. Sodge
    10. Abbott
    11. Reid

9 & 10 could also go to Bauza and Thorvaldsson should they sign for us. The other new boys will probably get numbers in the teens.
  • Options
    Dailly or Jackson at 4 ?
  • Options
    1. Rob Elliot
    2. Simon Francis
    3. Kelly Youga
    4. Johnnie Jackson
    5. Miguel Llera
    6. Jose Semedo
    7. Scott Wagstaff
    8. Therry Racon
    9. Pawel Abbott
    11. Kyel Reid
    12. Gary Doherty
    14. Akpo Sodje
    15. Yado Mambo
    16. Alan McCormack
    18. Alex Stavrinou
    20. Chris Solly
    36. Christian Dailly

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36351&newstype=n
  • Options
    1. Rob Elliot
    2. Simon Francis
    3. Kelly Youga
    4. Johnnie Jackson
    5. Miguel Llera
    6. Jose Semedo
    7. Scott Wagstaff
    8. Therry Racon
    9. Pawel Abbott
    11. Kyel Reid
    12. Gary Doherty
    14. Akpo Sodje
    15. Yado Mambo
    16. Alan McCormack
    18. Alex Stavrinou
    20. Chris Solly
    36. Christian Dailly
  • Options
    No number 10 imagine that will be Bauza or another striker which will be signing soon. Shows what a small squad we have
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No number 10 yet, can imagine that one going to Bauza. Only 17 players, makes you realise how light the squad is. Mambo get a number but tuna doesn't, maybe a sign of how involved each will be this season
  • Options
    Tuna, Jenks, Davisson n perkins still to be given numbers
  • Options
    No number 10 as yet ...... so player obviously not yet signed - maybe, Bauza?

I see Christian Dailly jkeeps his number 36 shirt.
    Must be his own decision, as we don't have 36 players in the squad!
  • Options
    Mambo 15 .... not Mambo 5!
  • Options
    Love it that Dailly keeps upping his number with age!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and also the number 13 hasnt been used since the god that is OMAR POUSO wore it in 2006/07!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]No number 10 as yet ...... so player obviously not yet signed - maybe, Bauza?

I see Christian Dailly jkeeps his number 36 shirt.
    Must be his own decision, as we don't have 36 players in the squad!

Dailly wore 35 last year, upping his shirt No with his age, brilliant.

When you see that list on the OS it certainly hits home how small a squad we have, excellent IMO, much better than having 30+ players, as long as we don't get injuries, another 4 players to add to that and lets build a really tight knit unit of solid players.

Surprised that Tuna not given a squad No (not bothered, but surprised), definately hints at another 2 strikers coming in and him going out on loan
  • Options
    Admittedly it won't affect too many people but you'd be a bit peed off if you had 'Dailly 35' on the back of your shirt and he's now changed it.
  • Options
    Rumour has it that Akpo Sodje was less than impressed about not getting number 9 shirt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]Something like this for 1-11?

1. Elliott
    2. Solly/Francis
    3. Youga
    4. McCormack
    5. Llera
    6. Semedo
    7. Waggy
    8. Racon
    9. Sodge
    10. Abbott
    11. Reid

9 & 10 could also go to Bauza and Thorvaldsson should they sign for us. The other new boys will probably get numbers in the teens.

Well not a bad prediction, and I hadn't seen the official list before my original post! Strange that Jackson, a left back, gets number 4. I'd assumed that as he was a direct replacement for Bailey that McCormack would get it. Also as Sodge was here last year, that he'd get the nine.

With the 10, I reckon Parky won't sign both Bauza and Thorvaldsson, so whichever one he decides on will get it. However, I hear that Robinho is unsettled at Man City.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    17 players, plus the 4 he wants, plus the 4 youngsters that featured in pre season that haven't been given numbers yet...that's 25 players. Decent squad size imo.
  • Options
    Incidentally, I saw that Shelvey had been given #33 at Liverpool. You would've thought if they rated him that much he would've got the 7. Maybe as he was a Benitez signing rather than Hodgson he might not feature in their plans this season? Maybe a loan move beckons?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Admittedly it won't affect too many people but you'd be a bit peed off if you had 'Dailly 35' on the back of your shirt and he's now changed it.

Apparently Arsenal are giving refunds/free shirts to anybody who bought their new kit and had 'VAN PERSIE - 11' on them as he changed to the 10 following the departure of Gallas. Maybe Charlton will do the same thing? I doubt it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]Something like this for 1-11?

1. Elliott
    2. Solly/Francis
    3. Youga
    4. McCormack
    5. Llera
    6. Semedo
    7. Waggy
    8. Racon
    9. Sodge
    10. Abbott
    11. Reid

Well not a bad prediction, and I hadn't seen the official list before my original post! Strange that Jackson, a left back, gets number 4. I'd assumed that as he was a direct replacement for Bailey that McCormack would get it. Also as Sodge was here last year, that he'd get the nine.

Youga will play left back when fit Jackson will move to centre mid so No. 4. I reckon.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Interesting to see Mambo get a reasonably low number - maybe we'll see more of him this season.

Also interesting Waggy gets the 7 shirt - traditionally a right wingers number so maybe he'll be getting a start as winger.

Best of all - Kelly Youga is in there which is an indication that he will be in the squad and hopefullyplaying again some time soon!

I'm getting excited now - I'm not afraid to admit it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]
    Youga will play left back when fit Jackson will move to centre mid so No. 4. I reckon.

Was about to post that.

When we finally get a left back fit enough to play, I'd like to see JJ in his 'proper' position with Semedo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]Incidentally, I saw that Shelvey had been given #33 at Liverpool. You would've thought if they rated him that much he would've got the 7. Maybe as he was a Benitez signing rather than Hodgson he might not feature in their plans this season? Maybe a loan move beckons?
    Funniest thing I've seen all day
  • Options
    Charlton have missed a trick not putting Mambo at number 5. Could've made tens of pounds in the club shop there.
  • Options
    3 injuries or suspensions and the current squad (numbers) can't form a full team and bench
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]3 injuries or suspensions and the current squad (numbers) can't form a full team and bench

That's a sobering thought. Can we get Steve Brown out of retirement?