Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad Numbers

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Mambo 15 .... not Mambo 5!

Jackson 4:
    Topical !
  • Options
    Jackson 4:
    Topical !

Superb spot. Very Good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Mambo 15 .... not Mambo 5!

Jackson 4:
    Topical !

LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Surprised that Tuna not given a squad No (not bothered, but surprised), definately hints at another 2 strikers coming in and him going out on loan.....Eltham addick

Surprised and dissapointed, myself........beggining to think that he is not favoured by the currrent management, not getting a squad number, and only having a 1 year deal, not sure this is the best way to motivate a young player !
    I thought he would be played in the cup and used as a bench player this season, not sure now though!.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Surprised and dissapointed, myself........beggining to think that he is not favoured by the currrent management, not getting a squad number, and only having a 1 year deal, not sure this is the best way to motivate a young player !
    I thought he would be played in the cup and used as a bench player this season, not sure now though!.....
    Most young players only get 1 year deals, especially at this level when first team players usually get 2 years at the most.

Does seem like those four will all go out on loan though, bit unusual they haven't got squad numbers after having them last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Surprised that Tuna not given a squad No (not bothered, but surprised), definately hints at another 2 strikers coming in and him going out on loan.....Eltham addick

Surprised and dissapointed, myself........beggining to think that he is not favoured by the currrent management, not getting a squad number, and only having a 1 year deal, not sure this is the best way to motivate a young player !

That would be the same management who gave him his first team debut at 17 and signed him to a new 1 year deal.
  • Options
    That would be the same management who gave him his first team debut at 17 and signed him to a new 1 year deal......
    And this as well as last seasons leading goal scorer in the freindlies....... been at Charlton since he was 7 etc etc....

Just expressing my disasapointment in that he has not been given a squad number, obviously the management have seen him a lot more than myself, but as of yet who is this magical striker Sodje!.....

As others have stated, our at least posted.... perhaps there are a couple of strikers coming this week, I guess we shall have to wait and see.

Just put yourself in the lad's position..... on the edge of the team, scored last three games, ( albeit the last a penalty) and no squad number having been at Charlton since 7, with a reduced squad comparred to the last two seasons.

Quite what is the problem with giving him a squad number!
  • Options
    But Ken .......apart from Mambo, none of the current crop of teenaged young pros has been given a squad number yet.
    So perhaps Tamer Tuna hasn't really been singled out, after all?

In my view, all of these young Pro's will see some 1st team action - a couple will at least get named on the bench from time to time or get a game even if it's only Johnnie's Paintbox competition.

They will at least need a squad number to be part of those match day squads.
    So these lads will still need squad numbers shortly.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Precisely Oggy..... remember this lad played in the Championship 2 seasons ago......
    and scored in the Johnnie's Paintbox competition......
    So you could claim that he has had the squad number taken away...... was he not 42 or some ludicrous figure a couple of seasons ago!.... I was begining to think the Charlton ball boys were gonna get squad numbers back in those days!.

I agree that Mambo is a lot more equiped for the league, and looks the part, but not sure about Solly, playing behind Wagstaff, high balls , big hairy arsed forward....... remember the Swindon game Waggy got that treatment!.

I would think that a couple of signings are on the cards! ...... let's see!..... I really hope the lads do play a part this season Oggy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I would think that a couple of signings are on the cards! ...... let's see!

Agreed, Ken .......we do need to have 4 senior strikers on board really, plus Tamer.
    IMO I believe we'll see another striker signed before Saturday, plus perhaps another or a longterm loan before the window closes.

But Tamer and the young lads will be given squad numbers shortly, it has to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I meant to add, I too hope the youngsters get some 1st team experience this season if they're ready.

I know Tuna had a run out a while ago, although in all probability he wasn't ready then.
    Agree it would do his morale a power of good to get a run in the team - even if he was just getting some regular game time as a sub.

Same for the other lads, if they are ready.