Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson signs for Nea Salamis Famagusta

edited July 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6275695,00.html?

Cypriot second division club, they were relegated last season.

Seem to remember him not really settling up north while on loan at Crewe, so I'm not sure how he'll adapt to living abroad...
"I am excited about this new challenge of playing abroad," Dickson told skysports.com.

"I am happy with the move and I am hoping to help Nea Salamis win promotion back to the top flight."
Nothing on their official site at the moment http://www.neasalamis.com.cy

Comments

• Options
    2nd division cypriot side, theyre gonna be erith and belvedere standard
  • Options
    Not Barca, I am surprised?
  • Options
    Good luck to him and the mighty Nea Salamis Famagusta. Not that surprising that he wasn't signed by an English league club.
  • Options
  • Options
    this will last about 5 minutes
  • Options
    Ayia Napa bound.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Shame he couldn't harness his obvious talent for us. Probably never will unfortunately.
  • Options
    considering where he is now, it does make you laugh though that Pardew was trying to gain promotion back to the premiership by signing this fella, and Fleetwood,
  • Options
    The most hyped Charlton never was or will be since The Ven Nguyen or whatever his name was!
  • Options
    He always was a non league player, the few times I saw him he didn't have a clue. Like when he could've won us a game away at Watford but instead decided to stop running. Never understood why everyone hyped him up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]He always was a non league player, the few times I saw him he didn't have a clue. Like when he could've won us a game away at Watford but instead decided to stop running. Never understood why everyone hyped him up.
    Because he was the new Ian Wright

and the next big thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]considering where he is now, it does make you laugh though that Pardew was trying to gain promotion back to the premiership by signing this fella, and Fleetwood,

Agreed.

Imagine how many knock backs his agent must have had to end up with this team.
  • Options
    Give us an 'N'....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Ayia Napa bound.
    Oi oi!
  • Options
    I can't believe Greenwich Borough didn't make a last ditch bid to scupper the deal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]He always was a non league player, the few times I saw him he didn't have a clue. Like when he could've won us a game away at Watford but instead decided to stop running. Never understood why everyone hyped him up.

and the next big thing

Some of those goals in that video are brilliant, must definitely be an attitude problem as to why he hasn't made it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

and the next big thing

Some of those goals in that video are brilliant, must definitely be an attitude problem as to why he hasn't made it.
    That's part of it I think, and the rest of his game being very poor. Never got the impression he was capable of any real improvement on his weaknesses nor that he thought he really had to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Good luck to him. Shame he couldn't harness his obvious talent for us. Probably never will unfortunately.

Obvious talent? Wasn't "obvious" to most of us. Absolutely useless. Not a team player. The odd flash of promise and that was it. Christ, my seven year old shows flashes of promise - but I wouldn't dream of trying to play him up front for Charlton. Good riddance.
  • Options
    Isn't Famagusta known as the 'ghost town' of Cyprus? Should be a step up from Gillingham anyway. ;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Vincenzo[/cite]Good luck to him. Shame he couldn't harness his obvious talent for us. Probably never will unfortunately.[/quote]

Obvious talent? Wasn't "obvious" to most of us. Absolutely useless. Not a team player. The odd flash of promise and that was it. Christ, my seven year old shows flashes of promise - but I wouldn't dream of trying to play him up front for Charlton. Good riddance.[/quote]

the odd flash of promise = those times when his 1st touch was so bad it meant the defender went the wrong way and he was in on goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just shows - a lot of us (myself included) wanted him to get a good run in the team to really prove what he could do in the absence of any other dynamic striker, but we just don't know what players fail to do that their managers have asked of them. In his case that appeared to be quite a lot and he never appeared likely to listen, learn, or improve, apparently believing he was already good enough. All of which has led to a big move to Europe!
  • Options
    Just to cheer you up on a Friday, I have it on good authourity he is on his way back to the UK having passed his medical and will gone by middle of next week.

Definite case of needing a fresh start somewhere in his case and maybe we'll be seeing him back in the UK in a year or two (probably scoring against us...).
  • Options
    Good luck to the guy. Hopes he has a great time out there.

Couple of years being paid to play football on a Mediterranean island. Can't be that bad
  • Options
    The use of the word top flight has never been so over the top.
  • Options
    Nea Salamis Famagusta is actually a night club in Ayia Napa, he is going as a body double for Dizzee Rascal. if I could do the picture thing on here I would post it up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Good luck to the guy. Hopes he has a great time out there.

Couple of years being paid to play football on a Mediterranean island. Can't be that bad

I'm echoing that.
    He's probably earning more than most of us and gets to chill in the sun on a daily basis.
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    take care dont come back.
  • Options
    Got to be better than Aldershot or Gillingham which is about his level. Also quite pleased he has not gone to a League 1 club as regardless of how well he may have done, he would certainly have scored against us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Got to be better than Aldershot or Gillingham which is about his level. Also quite pleased he has not gone to a League 1 club as regardless of how well he may have done, he would certainly have scored against us.

I doubt there was a League 1 club that would have him. I had high hopes when he joined us - I believed the "new Ian Wright" hype, but it didn't work out for him at CAFC. What's slightly annoying is that at one point the Gills were willing to pay for him and we wouldn't sell and now he's gone for free.

Good luck to him as he tries to kick-start his career. Hope it works out for him.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]

What's slightly annoying is that at one point the Gills were willing to pay for him and we wouldn't sell and now he's gone for free.

Not really

They "offered" £50k and when we went back to them and said "yes" they said "no, we'll take him on a free instead"

So they were never willing to pay for him and neither was anyone else.