Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson signs for Nea Salamis Famagusta

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]

What's slightly annoying is that at one point the Gills were willing to pay for him and we wouldn't sell and now he's gone for free.

Not really

They "offered" £50k and when we went back to them and said "yes" they said "no, we'll take him on a free instead"

So they were never willing to pay for him and neither was anyone else.

Cheap B*st*rds!
  • Options
    that scally for you. Once a spanner, always a spanner.
  • Options
    image%201.jpg

Ive been to Famagusta. Most of the town is deserted as there is a huge no mans land which seperates the Greek and Turkish sides of the Island.

Still, he is from AbbeyWood........
  • Options
    charlton educated as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]He always was a non league player, the few times I saw him he didn't have a clue. Like when he could've won us a game away at Watford but instead decided to stop running. Never understood why everyone hyped him up.
    Exactly right - ever since he bottled it in the one on one with the keeper in this match, I felt that he was never going to cut the mustard. And as for the hype, I can't believe how high some of our fans rated him. Still, at least he's lived the dream by going from the 8th tier of English football to a (then) championship club. And now he's off to sunnier climes - the dream continues...sort of.....
  • Options
    Sounds a bit strange as he was still on trial at Stevenage this week. Still probably his level, on his moronic view of himself. He definitely is good enough for league one, just managed to alienate every league manager he played for. Clearly a wrong attitude but harness his exuberance when he's on a high and you can sell him to Redknapp.
  • Options
    Made me laugh, the amount of times I heard we want Dickson on from the top of the NU. Wonder who the scouts in the top think is gonna be the next best thing now.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Sounds a bit strange as he was still on trial at Stevenage this week. Still probably his level, on his moronic view of himself. He definitely is good enough for league one, just managed to alienate every league manager he played for. Clearly a wrong attitude but harness his exuberance when he's on a high and you can sell him to Redknapp.[/quote]

He had a golden spell at Gillingham but then did nothing, his ability to take chances was undermined by a poor touch, coupled with poor attitude and a poor agent who massaged his ego without helping him to address his deficiencies. He is not a div 1 player, he has proved that,but has the potential to be one if he works at his game.
  • Options
    Scored OK at first for Brissie Rovers. Many seem to think he had something, just was surly and lazy on the pitch. There are plenty of lower league footballers who barely ever score.
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK DICKSON

Earning more money (than most of us) and playing in a hot climate, cant be bad!

He wasnt on trial at Stevenage - it's called keeping match fit.

Come a cold and dark January/December morning, I know where I would rather be!!

The dream continues, how many of us have had such a lifechanging experience in just 3yrs?

GET IN THERE!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Chris!
  • Options
    Hmmm. keeping match fit for the Cyprus second div.

How many Cyprus players went on to a career anywhwere? Some papaibloodyy7gamesforNewcastle.

Everybody loves Chris!
  • Options
    Strange move? Surely he'd be better off signing for a league two, or maybe even non-league club. If he scores some goals then he could possibly land a move to a bigger club. But even if he bangs in 30 goals this season, in the Cypriot second division? Nobody's going to give a toss.
  • Options
    im sure even cyprus will quickly grow bored of that silly grin and swagger