Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton sign up to FLi

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]A few points that don't seem to be fully understood - Fli is Charlton Player and Charlton Player is Fli

Well that's it then. I won't pay a penny to those idiots again.
    Videos are inaudible and Match comentry is laughable.
    Maybe it's time for a new independent web site ?
  • Options
    Please see the OS.
  • Options
    There's no disputing that Charlton fans preferred what they had from Millennium to what they got from Capital - providing they could pick it up, which many couldn't. Of course, if the Millennium output was a popular as was claimed by them, you'd think they would have wanted to maintain the elements that were still available to them. We'd have bent over backwards to assist them, but in practice Mark was the person driving it and because he withdrew his support it collapsed. There was a raft of other issues involved in that, including the fact that Mark was cross-subsidising it through Clubcall, which was bound to decline dramatically, as indeed it did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]There's no disputing that Charlton fans preferred what they had from Millennium to what they got from Capital - providing they could pick it up, which many couldn't. Of course, if the Millennium output was a popular as was claimed by them, you'd think they would have wanted to maintain the elements that were still available to them. We'd have bent over backwards to assist them, but in practice Mark was the person driving it and because he withdrew his support it collapsed. There was a raft of other issues involved in that, including the fact that Mark was cross-subsidising it through Clubcall, which was bound to decline dramatically, as indeed it did.

The Sinatra Hour was the most listened to show, wasn't it Rick?

The problem with Millennium and Time FM was that the owners were not prepared to put money into the station and back the Charlton commentary. Faced with the might of Capital and their money, coupled with the owners reluctance to put money into the station the show never stood a chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]You kids want to think yourselves lucky you don't have to spend hours on the clubcall telephone line racking up a huge bill to get some Charlton info.

Don't know you're bluddy born! ;-)

I remember spending over a tenner on that on one call when we were linked with overmars? i think it was him anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]You kids want to think yourselves lucky you don't have to spend hours on the clubcall telephone line racking up a huge bill to get some Charlton info.

Don't know you're bluddy born! ;-)

I remember spending over a tenner on that on one call when we were linked with overmars? i think it was him anyway

You would do a fiver just listening to the Red robin at the start!
  • Options
    After reading the OS it reads as if Charlton will get money everytime someone visits the page, so whilst i am at work i can set it to keep going on the OS and we will be getting more and more money?
  • Options
    Any ideas on when "the change" will happen?
  • Options
    Few weeks i imagine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Any ideas on when "the change" will happen?

You know the answer to that already.

When it's on the OS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Any ideas on when "the change" will happen?

You know the answer to that already.

When it's on the OS!

which one, current or future?
  • Options
    One of the grimmest things about FLi is that clubs can't override the ads - even when a real tragedy occurs.

Exeter's website still carries splash ads, despite it carrying the news of Adam Stansfield's death.

The same applies with Southampton (who, like us, held out against FLi for a season or two) even though their site is carrying the news of its owner's passing.

FLi is a horrible, tacky, nasty little network and I'm gutted we're being forced to join it.
  • Options
    I can't disagree with that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]One of the grimmest things about FLi is that clubs can't override the ads - even when a real tragedy occurs.

Exeter's website still carries splash ads, despite it carrying the news of Adam Stansfield's death.

The same applies with Southampton (who, like us, held out against FLi for a season or two) even though their site is carrying the news of its owner's passing.

FLi is a horrible, tacky, nasty little network and I'm gutted we're being forced to join it.

That is absolutely the objection to it.