Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo starts

Jonjo Shelvey starts this afternoon for Liverpool v Borussia Moenchengladbach alongside Gerrard and Joe Cole. Makes you wonder....

Comments

• Options
    http://www.vipstand.net/watch/1510/2/watch-borussia-monchengladbach-vs-liverpool-.html

Link here, hes wearing the number 7 shirt...

Crazy atmosphere for a preseason...
  • Options
    He's been given the number 33 shirt for the season. Doesn't indicate him featuring in first team plans as much, but then again a number is just a number nowadays.
  • Options
    does this count as one of his 15 games that some people were adamant wouldn't happen?
  • Options
    Liverpool fans on 606 very impressed with JJ
  • Options
    I wouldn't care it's a start for liverpool against a decent european side not a Wednesday evening match against Bromley.
  • Options
    Sky channel 434. 4pm today.
  • Options
    http://www.justin.tv/cboy10

hes looking very composed... hasnt missed a pass..
  • Options
    hes also looking totaly knackered..
  • Options
    just been brought off... i obviously am psychic...
  • Options
    Liverpool fans love him already.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]He's been given the number 33 shirt for the season. Doesn't indicate him featuring in first team plans as much, but then again a number is just a number nowadays.

I wasn't aware that was his number.

Nadou he seems to be doing really well and yes already really liked by the liverpool fans, playing center mid for liverpool, something he couldn't do for Charlton (apparently)
  • Options
    Had a look around and only seen positive comments so far about his performance today (well except one moaning about his passing...). Hopefully he gets plenty of chances in competitive games, even if it's just as a sub. Do think he'll look much better with the quality he'll have around him. Only so much he could do here playing alongside the players we had.
  • Options
    Bit different when you have lucas as Mascherano next to you.
  • Options
    Well done Jonjo couldnt get in a 3rd division side because you were too good apparently
  • Options
    I have a theory on that, I reckon the deal was in the pipeline from Feb/March, and he was hardly used since then. We needed the money and he was our most profitable asset so we didn't risk a major injury to him.
  • Options
    Agree with NLA - I still can't work out how he failed to get a game for us on so many occasions....and then we were pony anyway!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]just been brought off... i obviously am psychic...[/quote]

Lucky boy, only got oranges at charlton
  • Options
    Stan Boardman your scriptwriter...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cblock[/cite]Stan Boardman your scriptwriter...[/quote]

If you mean me,no Rodney Marsh
  • Options
    So what was the highly secret reason he left? You lot bang on about it so come on tell us FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]So what was the highly secret reason he left? You lot bang on about it so come on tell us FFS

cant sworn to secrecy so i havent mentioned it since those hazy days of last season
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lol it was a while ago I think it was tapping up lol ;o)
  • Options
    Rodney always was an idiot, apoligies kap10:-]
  • Options
    Good luck to Jonjo, bet he felt on top of the world.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]He's been given the number 33 shirt for the season. Doesn't indicate him featuring in first team plans as much, but then again a number is just a number nowadays.[/quote]

Nadou he seems to be doing really well and yes already really liked by the liverpool fans, playing center mid for liverpool, something he couldn't do for Charlton (apparently)[/quote]

Well remember, Uncle, he did have Racon ahead of him in the pecking order. No wonder he couldn't get a game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]He's been given the number 33 shirt for the season. Doesn't indicate him featuring in first team plans as much, but then again a number is just a number nowadays.

Nadou he seems to be doing really well and yes already really liked by the liverpool fans, playing center mid for liverpool, something he couldn't do for Charlton (apparently)

Well remember, Uncle, he did have Racon ahead of him in the pecking order. No wonder he couldn't get a game.

My one criticism of Parky is how on earth did Racon keep getting the gig ahead of Jonjo last season when more often than not he (Racon) was poor or at best indifferent.

There had to be more than met the eye to it in my opinion but Jonjo's gone now so water under the bridge.

I wish him all the best in hub-cap land.
  • Options
    Some chap on a Liverpool site is claiming that JJ's sister caused some problems with Parkinson. He goes on to make some comments about sitting behind her at The Valley.

I was amazed that he didn't start more games for us, but to play Devil's Advocate, we have given many young players games in pre-season friendlies for them to go and make no appearances in the first team that season.

It is a big ask for him to get in front of Gerrard, Cole or Mascharano. Not to mention the other 'squad players' they have. It will be no shame at all if he doesn't start a league game this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Don't be Sarcy Unc
  • Options
    Let's remember he will get more time on the ball (especially in pre season games like today) and will thrive. The prem will give him more time than he had in league 1. He also won't have some big fat journeyman trying to snap him in half

We also need to bear in mind that he is partnering Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard - their movement will help someone likeJonjo

I couldn't give a shit what the reasons are behind his departure - he's gone now. I'll follow him with a sense of pride that he's a charlton boy and he'll always be fondly remembered here but we need to get over him and move on.
  • Options
    Searched 'Shelvey' on Twitter, and I haven't read a bad review! Well pleased for him.