Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Squad

If Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, and Terry were left out as well I might have been interested in watching it, maybe would have gone.

Comments

• Options
    So. What is it?
  • Options
    Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn)

Defenders: Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)
  • Options
    Found it:

England squad for the friendly match against Hungary on Wednesday: Foster (Birmingham), Hart (Manchester City), Robinson (Blackburn); Brown (Manchester United), Cahill (Bolton), A Cole (Chelsea), Dawson (Tottenham), Gibbs (Arsenal), Jagielka (Everton), G Johnson (Liverpool), Terry (Chelsea); Barry (Manchester City), Gerrard (Liverpool), A Johnson (Manchester City), Lampard (Chelsea), Milner (Aston Villa), Young (Aston Villa), Walcott (Arsenal), Wilshere (Arsenal); Bent (Sunderland), C Cole (West Ham), Rooney (Manchester United), Zamora (Fulham).
  • Options
    Same old shit, except for a few new faces - Wilshere, Zamora, Gibbs and Cahill. Johnson in as well. No Joe Cole - good on Capello, choosing him as a scapegoat instead of Lumpalard, Terry or Gerrard. Berk.
  • Options
    Still no Scott Parker, complete joke.
  • Options
    Darren Bent Bent Bent...

No parker, idiot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LSEBarnes[/cite]Still no Scott Parker, complete joke.

Agree, Barnsey ........what has Crapello got against Sp*tty P*rk*r ?

He can do everything the flatfooted Gareth Barry can do - and more.
    Is it just bias .....or becausy Sp*tty has sp*ts?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Agree, Barnsey ........what has Crapello got against Sp*tty P*rk*r ?

He can do everything the flatfooted Gareth Barry can do - and more.
    Is it just bias .....or becausy Sp*tty has sp*ts?

It's because it isn't Capello's policy to pick players on form....oh wait...

Personally, I'm disappointed not to see Rodwell and Shawcross in that squad, and hope Gibbs and Johnson will be given a good chance on the left.
  • Options
    Robinson pulls out and officially retires from International football. A keeper scorned and all that!
  • Options
    Good news... Id do the same the whole england set up is a poisoned chalice...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally,i think it's much more of a punishment to make the flops play in this game.
    Make them play the full ninety too and hopefully get a few lumps kicked out of them right before the premier league ( thou shall be obeyed ) kicks off.
  • Options
    It just goes from one extreme to the other. We need to streamline the Under-21 side into the first team (otherwise there's no point in having it). Now we've suddenly got a bunch of players who were deemed not good enough 2 months ago (Bent, Cole, Zamora, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka), and a bunch of random Arsenal youngsters in the team who have barely played a game for club or country. The selection process just seems random. Admittedly the timing of this friendly is ridiculous, I'm not sure if that has had an effect on the players we're seeing in the squad.

Can completely understand why Robinson has retired. He should've gone to the World Cup as our number 2 behind Hart. It says it all that our WC first choice keeper (or second choice depending on how you look at it) conceded 3 goals at home to Millwall yesterday.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Can completely understand why Robinson has retired. He should've gone to the World Cup as our number 2 behind Hart. It says it all that our WC first choice keeper (or second choice depending on how you look at it) conceded 3 goals at home to Millwall yesterday.

James, you mean? Just because he conceded 3 yesterday doesn't mean he personally had a stinker.
    But evidently his own team in front of him did.
  • Options

Good, I hope he never gets to pull an England shirt on again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]

Good, I hope he never gets to pull an England shirt on again.

Just bitter, i think he deserves to be in it on merit and was still a fantastic servant to this club regardless of the circumstances he left in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Just bitter, i think he deserves to be in it on merit and was still a fantastic servant to this club regardless of the circumstances he left in.

I don't believe sulky scumbags should be given one of the highest honors in the land, representing their country. Just my opinion like.
  • Options
    No doubt Bent will start, England will be piss poor, he'll get one half chance which he doesn't take and then be subbed for Bobby 'the new Heskey' Zamora at half-time.
  • Options
    got enough scumbags playing in the past, so why not.

Also scumbag in your eyes but if you had the same choice you would have done the same, he gave 110% when he played for charlton and thats all that matters. yep he did engineer his move but thats all he's done not a bad person grow up its just football no point bearing a grudge for someone wanting to better themselves and get more money
  • Options
    Do you have anything against Dowie and Pardew by any chance Johnnybev?

Parker disrupted what would have been a good season, thats why i would never support the greedy runt!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Can completely understand why Robinson has retired. He should've gone to the World Cup as our number 2 behind Hart. It says it all that our WC first choice keeper (or second choice depending on how you look at it) conceded 3 goals at home to Millwall yesterday.

James, you mean? Just because he conceded 3 yesterday doesn't mean he personally had a stinker.

Oggy, what I meant was that our first/second choice keeper is playing at the same level as Millwall. He's not even playing in the Premiership because nobody wanted him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pity about Robinson, been back to his best in the last season or so and easily should be ahead of the keepers who went to the WC.

However with 2 years to go until the next tournament, there is time for Hart and/or Foster to establish themselves and get the necessary experience.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]got enough scumbags playing in the past, so why not.

Also scumbag in your eyes but if you had the same choice you would have done the same, he gave 110% when he played for charlton and thats all that matters. yep he did engineer his move but thats all he's done not a bad person grow up its just football no point bearing a grudge for someone wanting to better themselves and get more money

I believe what Parker did was the first nail in our current coffin, if Parker had stayed we'd have atleast finished in a UEFA cup spot that year, fact.

It is down to that spotty spoilt little p**** that we find ourselves where we do now, not completely, but partly!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]got enough scumbags playing in the past, so why not.

Also scumbag in your eyes but if you had the same choice you would have done the same, he gave 110% when he played for charlton and thats all that matters. yep he did engineer his move but thats all he's done not a bad person grow up its just football no point bearing a grudge for someone wanting to better themselves and get more money[/quote]

I believe what Parker did was the first nail in our current coffin, if Parker had stayed we'd have atleast finished in a UEFA cup spot that year, fact.

It is down to that spotty spoilt little p**** that we find ourselves where we do now, not completely, but partly![/quote]

lets not forget Andy Nelsom and Mike Baileys part in all this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Oggy, what I meant was that our first/second choice keeper is playing at the same level as Millwall. He's not even playing in the Premiership because nobody wanted him.
    They did, James got better offers but has recently got married and wanted a club in that area of the country.

"The decision is predominantly to do with me being happy in a family environment to get the best out of me as a footballer and that wasn't possible staying in the Premier League," said James.

"That's the intention. That's the motivation. Not money. I was offered more money elsewhere. I had opportunities to go to Scotland and I had other Premier League opportunities."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299150/David-James-targets-Premier-League-Bristol-City.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

They did, James got better offers but has recently got married and wanted a club in that area of the country.

"The decision is predominantly to do with me being happy in a family environment to get the best out of me as a footballer and that wasn't possible staying in the Premier League," said James.

"That's the intention. That's the motivation. Not money. I was offered more money elsewhere. I had opportunities to go to Scotland and I had other Premier League opportunities."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299150/David-James-targets-Premier-League-Bristol-City.html

Yeh, just like Sol Campbell and his ambitious Notts County adventure. I'm not suggesting that James will leave after one game, just that I don't believe everything footballers say :)
  • Options
    If Wenger gives Wilshere enough game time this year or he goes out on loan again then he should push for a start for England. Phenomenal talent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Do you have anything against Dowie and Pardew by any chance Johnnybev?

Parker disrupted what would have been a good season, thats why i would never support the greedy runt!

Funny you should say that is i cant stand either Dowie or Pardew, fighting a losing battle with scotty p maybe i dont hold it against him as met him a couple of times and was always my fave charlton player. I say no more on this matter :P
  • Options
    A lot of water's flowed under the bridge in the six-and-a-half years since a younger Parker got dazzled by money.

Save your contempt for Chelsea, not the player.
  • Options
    Back to the England squad Wes Brown has also retired from England, he'll obviously be missed for his frequent contributions.

Also, while everybody is at it I would like it to be known that I no longer wish to be considered for selection for the
    English national team. Whilst it would be an honour to be part of Mr Capellos squad I have not received assurance of being first choice,
    and therefore I regrettably have made this decision.
    I will make no further comment on this situation and hope you will respect the privacy of myself and my family
  • Options
    Just goes to show exactly how much Capello, like all England managers, are influenced by what the media say.