Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just seen this on the news.......Not good!

I know Millwall have done this to a lot of people in the past but to kick a woman while she is seeing to a fella on the floor is not on!!

Bristol City have a lot to answer for as it was mum dads and children on the coach!

By: Jon Mills

A Millwall football fan has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following an incident shortly after a game at Bristol City

A Great Western Ambulance Service spokesman has confirmed that paramedics treated three people at the scene one of whom was rushed to hospital.

The spokesman said:’ We attended an incident at 18.07pm tonight on Plimsoll Bridge, Bedminster, Bristol.

‘We treated two fans with minor injuries and one badly injured fan was taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary.’

Avon and Somerset police spokesman Claire Stanley confirmed the incident but denied internet rumours that a Millwall fan had died.

She said:’Police were in attendance prior to, during and after the Bristol City v Millwall game at Aston gate.

Following the game a number of incidents of disorder were reported to the police and a coach carrying Millwall fans was attacked and had a window smashed.’

Six people were arrested over the course of the day but none in relation to the man who was taken to hospital.

Comments

• Options
    Where does it say anyone got kicked while they were seeing to someone on the floor?
  • Options
    With Millwall in the Championship now, this sort of thing is going to happen a lot more. wait till they play Swansea,Cardiff, Leeds etc it will be mayhem, the press will have a field, England's 2018 bid is going to be in jepordy because of the new wave of violences. God knows what would happen if they got in to the premiership.

If that was any other london club rather than Millwall playing against Bristol City, that incident wouldnt have happened. Millwall attract this sort of behaviour because of that small minority of tw*ts who think they have something to prove to the generation of hooligans before them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]With Millwall in the Championship now, this sort of thing is going to happen a lot more. wait till they play Swansea,Cardiff, Leeds etc it will be mayhem, the press will have a field, England's 2018 bid is going to be in jepordy because of the new wave of violences. God knows what would happen if they got in to the premiership.

If that was any other london club rather than Millwall playing against Bristol City, that incident wouldnt have happened. Millwall attract this sort of behaviour because of that small minority of tw*ts who think they have something to prove to the generation of hooligans before them.

load of crap

we had one of our biggest problems with them a few years back granted but bristol are and always have been game and many a club gets in bother there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]With Millwall in the Championship now, this sort of thing is going to happen a lot more. wait till they play Swansea,Cardiff, Leeds etc it will be mayhem, the press will have a field, England's 2018 bid is going to be in jepordy because of the new wave of violences. God knows what would happen if they got in to the premiership.

load of crap

we had one of our biggest problems with them a few years back granted but bristol are and always have been game and many a club gets in bother there
    Agreed. Bristol is a shithole of a place, fans of both clubs there are just as bad as Leeds, Millwall, Cardiff etc. and always have been.
  • Options

What a silly little boy you are. I would continue by tearing every word you've written to pieces, but you're clearly so ignorant, blinkered and prejudiced I can't be bothered.

Anyway, pull your head out of your arse and read up on the violence at Elland Road, Turf Moor and Wembley this weekend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I know Millwall have done this to a lot of people in the past but to kick a woman while she is seeing to a fella on the floor is not on!!

Bristol City have a lot to answer for as it was mum dads and children on the coach!

A Millwall football fan has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following an incident shortly after a game at Bristol City

A Great Western Ambulance Service spokesman has confirmed that paramedics treated three people at the scene one of whom was rushed to hospital.

The spokesman said:’ We attended an incident at 18.07pm tonight on Plimsoll Bridge, Bedminster, Bristol.

‘We treated two fans with minor injuries and one badly injured fan was taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary.’

Avon and Somerset police spokesman Claire Stanley confirmed the incident but denied internet rumours that a Millwall fan had died.

She said:’Police were in attendance prior to, during and after the Bristol City v Millwall game at Aston gate.

Following the game a number of incidents of disorder were reported to the police and a coach carrying Millwall fans was attacked and had a window smashed.’

Six people were arrested over the course of the day but none in relation to the man who was taken to hospital.

From what i read on another site, a City fan had posted to say it was his mate (a City fan) who was in hospital and not Millwall.

Also Sparrows - to be fair you've got to admit that there's much more potential for trouble with your lot this season. Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Cardiff, Leeds, Pompey etc. Yes these are all clubs notorious for trouble but you can't deny that your lot will be in the thick of it.
  • Options
    I work with a Millwall fan and even he admitted that the reason you took 1,900 on saturday was the potential for a scrap.
  • Options
    If you see the 2min clip on the news you will see a woman bending over a man who had been knocked out, then one of the city mob kicks her! Also read that city had guests from holland who turn up when violence is a cert!
  • Options
    So you sad little Sparrow , "read up on the violence at Elland Road, Turf Moor and Wembley this weekend" that makes it all ok then ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I know Millwall have done this to a lot of people in the past but to kick a woman while she is seeing to a fella on the floor is not on!!

From what i read on another site, a City fan had posted to say it was his mate (a City fan) who was in hospital and not Millwall.

Also Sparrows - to be fair you've got to admit that there's much more potential for trouble with your lot this season. Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Cardiff, Leeds, Pompey etc. Yes these are all clubs notorious for trouble but you can't deny that your lot will be in the thick of it.

Bristol attacked a coach and the Bristol come off worst, the fella in hospital is Bristol and was in a bad way Saturday night but is recovering apparently.

A few Millwall drinking in Bath Saturday night were also jumped by a much larger group of locals (not football related at all, just the usual anti-London stuff you get around that way) and one is in a very bad way.

Wish a speedy recovery to them both.

& yes I agree, this league is full of tasty fixtures and there will be plenty of potential for trouble this season. It's just that if we weren't in this division there would still be trouble each week, as proved at Elland Road and Turf Moor already!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bristol is an absolute shit hole and i was pretty happy our game there last season was on Sky!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I work with a Millwall fan and even he admitted that the reason you took 1,900 on saturday was the potential for a scrap.

Yeah we took 1900 just for a scrap.

Nothing to do with being back in the championship, nothing to do with it being the first game of the season, nothing to do with playing a team who have just signed an England keeper, nothing to do with the team coming off 2 seasons of success, nothing to do with Bristol only being a 1hr40min train journey.......

Of course the history and atmosphere around the City/Millwall fixture adds more excitement to it it's not the only factor.
  • Options

Nicholas, don't be so ridiculous.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: clivey_hero[/cite]So you sad little Sparrow , "read up on the violence at Elland Road, Turf Moor and Wembley this weekend" that makes it all ok then ?

Er....can you tell me where I said "that makes it ok" please?

No you can't. Nicholas was going on about how Millwall will put the 2018 World Cup bid in jeopardy...haha...he implies that Bristol managed to produce a firm just for Millwall and that no other London club would've provoked such a response....hmmm....I'm sure Bristol would've turned out for the lads that Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs would take there....in essence, my comment suggesting he looks into trouble elsewhere last Saturday is an attempt to highlight the fact that every club has lads and amazingly they actually fight when Millwall aren't anywhere near!!

Unbelievable I know, but other teams & towns do have naughty boys like South East London!
  • Options
    Serves 'em right, bollox to Millwall I hope they get done every week.

I remember they got a right hiding at Birmingham a few years back and they was all on the radio phone in moaning about it, what about the Pompey bloke on his own who got done going back to his car at The New Den?

Shit happens and I've got no sympathy for any Millwall fan that gets done at all even a scarfer cos they have been doing it for years, always hiding behind big numbers and bullying smaller mobs (ours included) and when the tables turned they get all moany moany!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Serves 'em right, bollox to Millwall I hope they get done every week.

I remember they got a right hiding at Birmingham a few years back and they was all on the radio phone in moaning about it, what about the Pompey bloke on his own who got done going back to his car at The New Den?

Shit happens and I've got no sympathy for any Millwall fan that gets done at all even a scarfer cos they have been doing it for years, always hiding behind big numbers and bullying smaller mobs (ours included) and when the tables turned they get all moany moany!

It's a Bristol fan in hospital after the coach incident, not Millwall.

So no Millwall are moaning, just wishing the Bristol fella a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    didnt take long.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "A Millwall football fan has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following an incident shortly after a game at Bristol City"

No it aint, it looks like....according to the news report that it is a Millwall fan that is in hospital. You can't even admit that can ya?
  • Options
    Look . Millwall live off their reputation and love it. They are the backside of London and English football. Any low life or nutter who fancioes a scap on a Saturday supports Millwall. The potential for trouble when Millwall are playing is higher than for any other London club. they love their reputation, hence the song.
    So don't be suprised each weekend because obviously the bigger clubs in the championship will come out to play when Millwall are the visitors. For such a poorly supported club they have an incredibly high number of nutters. So let's not waste our forum talking about this shit club from New Cross.
    And ignore the Millwall scum who spend their life worying about what we talk about on here. End of
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Bristol is an absolute shit hole and i was pretty happy our game there last season was on Sky!

I Lived there for 8 years, one of my favourite cities and Ive lived in a few. Ground is no better or worse then many in the championship
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    I was in Bath last weekend for my 50th birthday treat, it is a fantastic place.....especially in a 5 star hotel!!

Tea in the pump room, the business, I love it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]"A Millwall football fan has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following an incident shortly after a game at Bristol City"

No it aint, it looks like....according to the news report that it is a Millwall fan that is in hospital. You can't even admit that can ya?

The article is wrong. A City fan posted to say it was his mate and not a Millwall fan in hospital. 1st game in and already Millwall are involved though.

However please all remember one thing. If there is trouble at a Millwall away game, it is because the opposition fans ambushed them.
    If there is trouble at the Den it is because the opposition fans came looking for it. It is never the fault of the innocent Lions fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Bristol is an absolute shit hole and i was pretty happy our game there last season was on Sky!

I Lived there for 8 years, one of my favourite cities and Ive lived in a few. Ground is no better or worse then many in the championship

The ground maybe, but the area is shocking...especially the locals towards Londoners. Wouldnt go out there again if you paid me.
  • Options
    So, the article was wrong eh? The paper got it wrong but some geezer posting on the internet was right. Whos to say it weren't some Millwall fan posted that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]So, the article was wrong eh? The paper got it wrong but some geezer posting on the internet was right. Whos to say it weren't some Millwall fan posted that?

Multiple Bristol have said it was one of theirs. He was in a coma Saturday night but is recovering well now. The footage on the news also shows it's Bristol.

The Millwall fan seriously injured was after an incident in Bath.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

However please all remember one thing. If there is trouble at a Millwall away game, it is because the opposition fans ambushed them.
    If there is trouble at the Den it is because the opposition fans came looking for it. It is never the fault of the innocent Lions fans.

Exactly.... ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There was an interesting piece in Goodbye Horse or VOTV years ago on the history of Millwall hooliganism, anyone got a link to that?
    They have been getting naughty since they began, ground closures etc since the early part of the 20th century.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't have any time for Millwall whatsoever, but in all fairness Millwall will be targets this season and every season based on their past and their gobby hangers-on. It is just like going to England games abroad. Every nutter wants to "do" one of you because of who you are/represent and wants their day in the sun. And there will be plenty of them in Bristol, Leeds, Cardiff, Swansea, Hull, Derby, Leicester, Portsmouth, Burnley, Nottingham, Middlesbrough and Sheffield. Look at the Huddersfield situation in the play-offs. Millwall don't even need to call it on, anywhere they will go just being there and doing a bit of posing will ensure they find something.
  • Options
    Well I hope the Millwall fan seriously injured in Bath didn't make any mess on the floor!
  • Options
    'We fear no foe'

Whenever I read that on the back of a Millwall shirt I almost throw up my own liver.