Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just seen this on the news.......Not good!

2»

Comments

• Options
    It would seem that the Millwall fan in jured in bath is fighting for his life!

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/crime/Violence-ruins-start-season/article-2503985-detail/article.html
  • Options
    Whether it's a Bristol fan or Millwall fan is irrelevant. Someone's lying in hospital having taken a hiding. Not good.

IsawLeaburnScore - Pretty much spot on.

D_F_T - Prat.
  • Options
    i aint on face book post a goiod link B
  • Options
    This sounds alot similar to when I chat with the missus and her old man who are millwall. Whenever there's trouble it's always the oppositions fans. Never there fault. They get publicised more because of there history. Absolute ballacks. Winds me right up. They will never accept it's millwalls fault. When we played them at home in the 4-4 a bottle went on the pitch from a charlton fan and they went mad. Forgetting the fact all the seats being thrown from there hoodies against hull a couple of seasons ago.
  • Options
    D_F_T - I can understand your dislike for Millwall but in this case it appears the full facts are unknown and a man is laying in a coma in hospital. Just have a bit more class.
  • Options
    Shame on all Charlton supporters taking this opportunity to have a pop at Millwall, I mean for Charlton fans to come on a Charlton forum and have a pop at our nearest neighbours absolutely beggars belief

Whatever next, tut
  • Options
    Nice to see Groucho back though - I thought she'd gone for a while now that we don't have to play them this season.
  • Options
    How the hell is that city laying on the floor? Are you saying that a millwall fan got of the coach knocked out a city hooligan and got back on the coach while 40 of his mates done nothing to the fella that knocked him out?? Don't buy that one!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]How the hell is that city laying on the floor? Are you saying that a millwall fan got of the coach knocked out a city hooligan and got back on the coach while 40 of his mates done nothing to the fella that knocked him out?? Don't buy that one!!

The video doesn't tell the whole story. It's Bristol on the floor. And stupidly it was other Bristol fans who continued to put the boot in as they thought he was Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just watched it on london tonight again. Feel embarrassed for both sets of fans.
  • Options
    Ok Fine, lets see how many more times Millwall will be in the news this season with regards to football violence. The reason it has gone quiet with them over the past good few years is because they have been rotting in league 1. All of a sudden they are going to be playing a load more big teams with so called firms and Millwall's mob will relish that. The more coverage Millwall get in the championship the more their hooligans will play up.

Football violence has been going out the game slowly but surely, how many times last season did we hear anything on the news with regards to football violence, besides the West ham v Millwall match, our match with them, and about all the policing measures that were in place for when Millwall played Leeds home and away.

Look all I'm saying is unfortunately the minority of Millwall fans that still love a fight are gonna have a field day this season, They want to fight and a lot of other teams are going to want to fight back. And yes if the press starts to make more coverage of it, of course they will start talking about England's bid for the World cup being in jeopardy.

rip away
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Ok Fine, lets see how many more times Millwall will be in the news this season with regards to football violence. The reason it has gone quiet with them over the past good few years is because they have been rotting in league 1. All of a sudden they are going to be playing a load more big teams with so called firms and Millwall's mob will relish that. The more coverage Millwall get in the championship the more their hooligans will play up.

Football violence has been going out the game slowly but surely, how many times last season did we hear anything on the news with regards to football violence, besides the West ham v Millwall match, our match with them, and about all the policing measures that were in place for when Millwall played Leeds home and away.

Look all I'm saying is unfortunately the minority of Millwall fans that still love a fight are gonna have a field day this season, They want to fight and a lot of other teams are going to want to fight back. And yes if the press starts to make more coverage of it, of course they will start talking about England's bid for the World cup being in jeopardy.

rip away
    First paragraph - no issue with that at all.

Second paragraph - wrong - violence is on the increase around football and has been for a good ten years. You just don't read about it much more because it's rarely on the scale of what happened at Upton Park last year. Every game that a team with a noted firm is involved in there will be grief somewhere - be it near the ground, miles from the ground or on the trains. Just because you don't see it, or read about it in the papers, doesn;t mean it isn't there.

Third paragraph is spot on too.
  • Options
    Apparently football related violence on trains was up by 49% last year on the season before.
    And is expected to rise by another 25% this year!
    Football violence is definately on the increase
  • Options
    Football violence has never gone away, what has happened is it's moved away from inside the stadium and from the immediate vicinity of the ground. Hence the vast majority of fans don't see it and therefore think it's been eradicated.

Those who think that there was no violence in the Championship last season because Millwall weren't playing need to open their eyes a little, it goes on week in, week out, all over the country.
  • Options
    Of course there is still a lot of football violence happenening week in week out in football, all i'm saying is IMO I think it's going to be publicised more now Millwall are in the championship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]Of course there is still a lot of football violence happenening week in week out in football, all i'm saying is IMO I think it's going to be publicised more now Millwall are in the championship.

Definitely. Anything involving Millwall always gets more publicity.

I'll always hold my hands up and say we're no angels and we've got more than our fair share of support that will either actively look for another teams mob or will happily stand their ground and fight back should they be attacked (a la Bristol).

Nobody can deny that. But why is it anything we do gets extra media attention, whilst many more violent incidents are brushed under the carpet and not reported whatsoever. We can't moan that we get in the media, just the unbalanced nature of it is annoying. But then who expects fair reporting from the press!!!
  • Options
    Who gives a shite...?

Football hooliganism is as old as swearing, always been around and will never go away...

Why some people get to het up about it staggers me...

Alcohol, football and young men, I'm surprised Einstein didn't develop a formula for it...