Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

phone advice

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    spoke to T mobile and i have got the HTC desire coming on monday thanks for your help and if those of you who have one expect a few whispers when i cant work the fooking thing out

got a free phone 900 mins unlimeted texts and internet and insurance for 30 quid a month
  • Options
    that is amazing for 30 quid a month how did you swing that? which network is it with?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]spoke to T mobile and i have got the HTC desire coming on monday thanks for your help and if those of you who have one expect a few whispers when i cant work the fooking thing out

got a free phone 900 mins unlimeted texts and internet and insurance for 30 quid a month[/quote]

Is that a two year contract?
  • Options
    t mobile due to my loyal custom only the 3rd year i have been with them
  • Options
    i am having the same dilemma - my contract is up, don't know what phone to get.

i hadnt even heard of the HTC or the Samsung Galaxy before I read this thread? Can somebody explain the differences between HTC, Samsung Galaxy, and Iphone?!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    the HTC Desire is the mobile that matches the Iphone in some areas and beats it in others from what this lot have told me, i went out and played with all 3 and the I phone looks the best IMO but is a bit steep on its tariffs if i am being honest the main reason why i never chose the i phone even though the poll on here was in favour of the HTC (by 1 vote) at the time i went out this morning

THe glaxy looks very similar to the I phone but a friend who has one wishes he had never got it and is stuck with it for 2 years now

the HTC Desire has had rave reviews from the one person who i know who has one (FATROB) and he reckons it is the mutts and he got rid of his Iphone and got this

i must admit although it is not as good looking as the other 2 but it is a very stylish handset and it seemed very easy to use
  • Options
    What has your mates problem with the Galaxy been? What can you do on, say the Iphone, which you cant on the HTC or the Galaxy?
  • Options
    Thing is with Android, the phones may run on the same system, but they all run very differently. I've got an Acer S100, same processor and set up as the Desire, but it's not as good. HTC are due to be launching the Desire HD in the next few weeks though it won't hit the shops for a few months. Motorola have just launched the Droid 2 in the states - Even Rothko (Apple Fan Boy of the highest order) said he wouldn't mind one.

So much choice, but the problem is the length of time you are tied into that contract!

If I were to pick a phone now, it would have to be the Desire though. It's really slick and with the 2.2 upgrade that's due very soon you'll be able to use it as a WiFi hotspot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]What has your mates problem with the Galaxy been? What can you do on, say the Iphone, which you cant on the HTC or the Galaxy?

mate i am the wrong person to ask i went from advice given here trawl the net find the reviews and take a good look, the Desire was and is leading on everyone i have watched
  • Options
    okay no worries, ta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    htc desire just arrived and the fella in the shop made it look so bloody easy to use

me not so bloody easy
  • Options
    now i am cooking great gadget cheers folks just trying to get my itunes on to it then i will be well bloody happy i tell thee
  • Options
    Trust me, my nan is 78 and she got a desire 2 weeks ago, and she can work it fine, in fact she said with the screen being so big, it's the easiest phone she has ever had! Good choice, but I prefer my Storm at the moment ^.^
  • Options
    i am well impressed havent put the bloody thing down since i got it
  • Options
    see this phone

what a piece of kit i bloody love it

1 question i cant get it to record on the camera i am pressing the box like it says but it isnt doing it any ideas????
  • Options
    I'm having the same debate as NLA - one thing I am wondering which although minor is how you view text messages on the HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy? Cos I do like the speech bubbles system on the iphone where you can drag up the screen and view the whole conversation history etc?
  • Options
    NLA - For the camera you press the silver trackpad at the bottom of the Desire to take a picture. Is that what you mean?

Paulsturgess- Yeah the beauty of Android is that it is totally customisable. This means you can even download different text message programs. If you download Handcent SMS, which is free, the texts are shown in bubbles like on iPhone. You can even go further and change bubble colours and backgrounds etc. You can have the whole message pop up on screen like the iPhone default or you can hide it until you open the program. It's so versatile.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]NLA - For the camera you press the silver trackpad at the bottom of the Desire to take a picture. Is that what you mean?

Paulsturgess- Yeah the beauty of Android is that it is totally customisable. This means you can even download different text message programs. If you download Handcent SMS, which is free, the texts are shown in bubbles like on iPhone. You can even go further and change bubble colours and backgrounds etc. You can have the whole message pop up on screen like the iPhone default or you can hide it until you open the program. It's so versatile.

yeah i finally sussed it yesterday bloody thicko me

cheers for the info on the text bubble i was jealous of the iphones text system,

has anyone else downloaded the 360 camera app

it lets you add ghosts and that into the pic not silly ghosts but real people ghosts

i have freaked flipping 10 people right out with it when showing off the camera capabilities
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Screamer[/cite]NLA - For the camera you press the silver trackpad at the bottom of the Desire to take a picture. Is that what you mean?

Nice one - so just to confirm (I really know sod all about phones have learnt everything I know reading the internet last night and today) - you can do the same on the Samsung Galaxy S cos that's an android phone as well yeh?
  • Options
    Yeah the same applications for both phones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NLA - how are you getting on with this now you have had it for a bit? I am about to order it - my only concern is the battery life. How have you found it?

Also, which network are you with? I'll be getting mine on orange - just wondering if it comes with a memory card as the built-in memory is only 512mb?
  • Options
    Mate I have not stopped smiling since I got it.

I am with tmobile 30 quid a month.

8g of memory on a micro SD card.

Not run out yet. Loads of apps

Bit shakey with the phone calls you have to watch where your head leans on it.
  • Options
    ha okay i'll bear that in mind! cheers mate i'm sold - although i'll be straight on here to have it out with you if im not happy with it! ;)

do you charge it every day - can you make it last 2 days if you're not going mad with it? just wanna be able to go away overnight and not have to worry about bringing a charger...!
  • Options
    Depends how long I spend on here with it.

I charge it every night but there are a couple of apps that show you what's draining the battery and helps by advising u to close them down.
  • Options
    Just come across this thread ... very timely as I will be getting a new mobile over the next few weeks ... based on above, looks like I'm getting the htc desire
  • Options
    NLA, how's the battery life with the desire?

Having looked up a few reviews it seems to be the only big negative that people are coming up with.
  • Options
    No issues at all because of how much u can do on it it does run down but if you charge it every night you can be on charlton life all day long.

You will use it loads until the novelty runs out but I love it best advice I was given getting this phone
  • Options
    iphone for me but then i like everything mac, so i don't really look elsewhere.
  • Options
    I have a Desire and yeah you do have to charge it every day, but to be fair most modern smartphones are like that.

NLA if you are on T-Mobile you can check for updates, and update to version 2.2. I did it on Saturday.
    It adds extra functions like installing apps to the SD card and running flash on websites like the video on the BBC site.
  • Options
    How did you do that mate. Where do I get the update

Cheers mate