Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

phone advice

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]HTC Desire - I got it about 3 months ago, then randomly one morning I woke up and all the text messages had just been deleted. I rang arrange and they diagnosed that it was a faulty phone, so sent me out a replacement. That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and I've woken up and this has done the same thing. Anybody got any ideas / experienced this?[div id=Poll][h2]Poll[/h2][p]What should nla get?[/p][form id=frmVote action=http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php encType=application/x-www-form-urlencoded method=post][div][input name=FormPostBackKey type=hidden value=91053d169ba8fdc31d8a24d28aa7a4c9][/input][input name=PostBackAction type=hidden value=ProcessVote][/input][input name=PollID type=hidden value=195][/input][input name=DiscussionID type=hidden value=36150][/input][/div][input name=Vote class=VoteRadioButton id=Radio_885 type=radio value=885][/input][label class=Radio for=Radio_885]iPhone[/label][input name=Vote class=VoteRadioButton id=Radio_886 type=radio value=886][/input][label class=Radio for=Radio_886]HTC[/label][input name=Vote class=VoteRadioButton id=Radio_887 type=radio value=887][/input][label class=Radio for=Radio_887]Samsung Galaxy[/label][input name=btnVote class=Button SubmitButton VoteButton type=submit value=Vote][/input][/form][/div]

Nosey girlfriend\wife\partner who keeps hitting delete all by mistake? ;-)
  • Options
    Should get aDesire delivered on Tuesday,you lot better be right!!! ;-)
  • Options
    no idea paul

kap you will be fine got my missus one and she was so anti smart phone prior, now bloody loves it HTC rule
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Should get aDesire delivered on Tuesday,you lot better be right!!! ;-)

Had mine a few days now and love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anyone seen any great deals knocking around on Desire's/iphone's

Phone packed up today so looking for a replacement as I suddenly realised when your phone goes so does your life!
  • Options
    Bloody hell nla, you were right about angry birds ... how addictive is this game!
  • Options
    Out of interest has anyone purchased from internet-only cheapo joints

e.g. dial-a-phone, mobiles.co.uk, e2save.com etc.

Are they alright?
  • Options
    My mate's done it twice, he got a free playstation 3 first time and a free flatscreen tele the second, hasn't had a problem, although his phone has never gone wrong so I dunno if that side of things becomes more of a hassle, cos obviously if you buy it direct from the network they are generally pretty good and quick to sort out replacements etc.
  • Options
    cheers for the reply paulsturgess

from what I can work out it seems OK, just as you say a) bit of an issue if the phone buggers up... though I suppose it's a premium rate call centre call whoever you go with and b) the redemption clauses are alluring, but a hassle, missing deadlines or the royal mail losing the paperwork = losing money!
  • Options
    yeh that is why my mate decided to go for the free gifts each time as he couldn't be bothered with the redemption hassle, and also you worry if they go out of business or something you won't get the cash back...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    if you don't want one of the gifts you might be better off taking that and then flogging it for what you can get on Ebay, or sell it to CEX, which I've done before, you'll get fairly decent price from them, there's one in Bromley amongst other places and then hopefully you'll have 200 odd quid straight in your pocket depending on what youre selling
  • Options
    What sort of deals did you peoples get with your Htc Desires? How much a month?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    900 mins unlimited internet unlimited texts and insurance 30 sheets per month tmobile
  • Options
    £22.50 a month, 600 mins unltd texts 500mb internet with Orange (whose signal in London has been an absolute disgrace for the last couple of months), and paid £50 one off for the handset.

Got insurance through my home contents insurance - it cost an extra £40 to add my phone on, so less than £4 a month, the phone companies try and get you to buy it for 10quid odd a month so I would strongly advise against that, its a rip off!
  • Options
    £30.00 per month.

900 mins

Unlimited texts

500mb internet

Free HTC Desire HD

Vodafone online. Brilliant signal all over. Best 3g coverage I have ever had.
  • Options
    Pick it up before it stops ringing.
  • Options
    £30.00 per month, 300 mins, Unlimited texts, 500mb internet, Free HTC Desire HD

O2 ... and it's excellent coverage ... I had TMobile before and it was rubbish coverage.
  • Options
    thats 600 mins less for the same money with tmobile mate, is the HTC Desire HD that good that its worth 600 mins less
  • Options
    slightly bigger screen, HD compatability, but from what I have seen, no it's not 3x the phone (as the minutes would suggest)

On a completely different note, does anyone here have any insider info on phones being released in the next 3 months? Have a contract running out soon and I don't want to jump in and get a Desire HD or something only to find a new one is right around the corner.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]slightly bigger screen, HD compatability, but from what I have seen, no it's not 3x the phone (as the minutes would suggest)

On a completely different note, does anyone here have any insider info on phones being released in the next 3 months? Have a contract running out soon and I don't want to jump in and get a Desire HD or something only to find a new one is right around the corner.......

Playstation phone in March!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]thats 600 mins less for the same money with tmobile mate, is the HTC Desire HD that good that its worth 600 mins less

Problem is TMobile reception in my area is crap ... my work mobile is TMobile and cuts out a lot ... 300 mins is enough for personal use anyway.
  • Options
    After some hard negotiating I finally got around to getting a desire.

.£18.75 per month.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Right...... T-Mobile just phoned, trying to force a Samsung Galaxy S down my throat for my upgrade, but I am not too sure I want to stick around with them any more

Their coverage has been woeful, and they get all the new phones last (I'm not going to lie, I want the newest phones there are when I upgrade!)

BUT, and it is a BIG BUT, they can offer me 900 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £35 a month

So what I want to know is, will O2/Vodafone be able to offer me the same minutes, texts AND internet for the same price, or will that involve me accepting something akin to the Nokia 3310 as my phone?

Also, is the Galaxy S a good phone, or should I go HTC, or for the Nexus S, or hold out a month for the Arc/Galaxy S II/Xperia Play?

Any help would be greatly received :)
  • Options
    finally going to get around to getting my new phone in the next week, likely the Desire HD, but a very simple question;

Is 500mb a month enough your average smartphone useage ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]finally going to get around to getting my new phone in the next week, likely the Desire HD, but a very simple question;

My Contract on the HTC Desire HD is for 750mb p/m & I have not even come close to using it. A Computer person will probably put it more elequently but pretty much sure browsing alone you'll be ok it's when you download stuff that really eats into it.
  • Options
    Speak clearly
  • Options
    Don't answer the phone whilst ironing.
  • Options
    Right.Got my Desire this morning.Like it.All singing and dancing.Thing is the internet is slow slow slow.Only showing a 'G' signal which i presume is GPRS.Has not gone to 3G at all.Checked vodafones coverage checker and i'm in a 3G area and anyway i've been out and about today and not a sniff of 3G.

Think it happened to me once with O2 but i was using my(very) old sim card in a 3G device.The sim card was no good.Can't believe vodafone are sending out sims without 3G capabilitys these days
    Do i need to switch something on.

Any of you Techy nerds got any clues ;-)

My 7-day return clock is ticking!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]finally going to get around to getting my new phone in the next week, likely the Desire HD, but a very simple question;

I get 1 GB with Virgin and am always on the internet (on my phone). When I call for an update on my remaining minutes and bytes I find I only use about 20th of that, so yes 500mb is sufficient for most.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Right.Got my Desire this morning.Like it.All singing and dancing.Thing is the internet is slow slow slow.Only showing a 'G' signal which i presume is GPRS.Has not gone to 3G at all.Checked vodafones coverage checker and i'm in a 3G area and anyway i've been out and about today and not a sniff of 3G.

Think it happened to me once with O2 but i was using my(very) old sim card in a 3G device.The sim card was no good.Can't believe vodafone are sending out sims without 3G capabilitys these days
    Do i need to switch something on.

Any of you Techy nerds got any clues ;-)

My 7-day return clock is ticking!!!

On my Desire "H" is the fastest internet speed, and the one you want to see. 3G and G aren't as quick as that.

I have activated it by simply turning the phone on and off before. Sometimes you have to call them to activate it when you receive a new handset.