Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace offer Edgar Davids contract

Twats signing a twat.

Comments

• Options
    Amazing . Will football clubs never learn?
  • Options
    Always remember him turning us down in Jan 07, thats why ive called him a twat!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2010
    After his superb performance in the punditry seat at the WC, thought he would pursue that line of work...
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    He hasn't played since May 2008.

great player in his time and if he is willing to take a much lower wage than he used to could work out, especially as they have a young squad.

Still, I imagine all the small businesses they shafted will be delighted to hear how their money is being spent.
  • Options
    Hopefully he'll be as good for them as Thomas Brolin was.
  • Options
    I suspect this might be the start of a bidding war.

Davids said last year he wanted to Coach in the CCC not play again , so will he be a Player / Coach ? Palace have also signed Garvan who is another left footed mid field player.
  • Options
    Jeez! I thought he'd retired!!
  • Options
    The nigels at cpfc2010 must have been playing football manager again.
  • Options
    Ah must warm the cockles of the "unpaid creditors" hearts to hear that news.... Football is just wrong.
  • Options
    IF he signs, he wont be on a big wage, the board have already said they wont break the bank to bring in high earners...I reckon it's bullocks though.

Say what you like about the unpaid creditors, Agilo put us into admin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Agilo put us into admin.

because you owed them money.....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Agilo put us into admin.[/quote]

because you owed them money.....[/quote]

And you don't owe anyone money currently? You haven't been in admin yourselves? Of course the answer is yes to both.
  • Options
    That has what to do with whats being discussed? Nothing at all.

Say what you like about Agilo, CPFC screwed a hell of a lot of people.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]That has what to do with whats being discussed? Nothing at all.

Say what you like about Agilo, CPFC screwed a hell of a lot of people.[/quote]

Maybe not, but you're all quick to have a dig at Palace for the possibility of signing a player on a one year deal? We can't win can we?

Yep, Palace did inevitably screw a lot of people, but it was involuntary and if you know about Agilo's past, you'd see they're renowned for being ruthless but that doesn't defend why Jordan "got into bed with them".
  • Options
    He looked reanimated to me
  • Options
    Erm think Jordan and his 'orrible brother screwed a hella of a lotta companies. Talking to a previous employee around 2004, he was going spare at the shit he had to deal with from local companies on unpaid bills plus finding companies to supply them as no one wanted to deal with Palace on account of so many companies being screwed previously.

Agilo lends money to distressed companies, hence the terms will be very much in their favour. Agilo didn't create the financial mess Palace had, that was created over many years of screwing many other companies. Jordan and his brother took a very healthy wage out of a club that fucked over the little man.
  • Options
    charlton have never been it Administration although the old company went into receiveship in1984.

And we'll owe a lot less than we do now by Monday afternoon : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]charlton have never been it Administration although the old company went into receiveship in1984.

How so?
  • Options
    More Henry?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]charlton have never been it Administration although the old company went into receiveship in1984.

here we go again

i think its because of the extrodinary meeting taking place monday for muzza to buy out the rest of the gang
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    spot on NLA,

When the EGM has agreed the changes, which it must, millions of the debt owed to Murray and the other directors will either be wiped out or deferred until we are back in the prem.
  • Options
    Wonder if Edgar will be wearing those funny little orange sunglasses...
  • Options
    Edgar Davids - Ready for 3D tv since the 90's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Wonder if Edgar will be wearing those funny little orange sunglasses...

Always wondered about them. Any particular reason why he wears them? It's the first thing I think of when his name comes up and the big hair. Vaguely remember him in the studio at the WC but I had some of my hols and spent a lot of it watching the footie in holibobs haze but not sure if he had the funny little orange sunglasses on.
  • Options
    He has glaucoma and the gegs protect his vision...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]That has what to do with whats being discussed? Nothing at all.

Say what you like about Agilo, CPFC screwed a hell of a lot of people.

Maybe not, but you're all quick to have a dig at Palace for the possibility of signing a player on a one year deal? We can't win can we?

Yep, Palace did inevitably screw a lot of people, but it was involuntary and if you know about Agilo's past, you'd see they're renowned for being ruthless but that doesn't defend why Jordan "got into bed with them".
    You didn't really understand what was going on at the time did you!
  • Options
    Going way over your budget is one thing.

But the club avoiding paying its bills - and then shafting creditors by going into Administration, is another.
  • Options
    been over all this before but...

Agilo only put you into Admin as HMRC were about to wind you up so Aglio jumped in first to protect their interests.

Without the £5m from Agilo Jordan would have had to take Palace in Admin the year before.

Jordan had 100s of outstanding county court judgements against him. He constantly made small firms wait until the last possible moment for cash.

The programme printers withheld the programme once to get paid.

Charlton are no shining example of financial rectitude but Palace's problems were all brought about by themselves, not Agilo.
  • Options
    His legs had gone before he signed for Spurs...not quite sure what Palace would get out of signing him even on a short term deal tbh.
  • Options
    Don't ever recall Charlton being in administration.