Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lost live music venues

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    Hammersmith Palais

A friend of mine lives opposite, derelict at the moment. Not too sure if someone has bought it or not but I thought it was supposed to be turned into offices
  • Options
    Have played at Chislehurst caves,great venue.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Ahh - those were the days!

Tramshed - Loved this place, the band I was in at the time supported Climax Blues band, Wilco Johnson, Jackie Lynton, Albert lee, I think they used to get about 400 in there so got to play in front of a few peeps!! Kate Bush was at the bar one night, was introduced and just started dribbling!!! [/quote]

did she, what was she on?
  • Options
    Father Redcap changed many years ago. It was local for me so saw quite a few pub rock bands there but none well known.

I was also at the Genesis/Lindisfarne gig at Lewisham Odeon. Their first London gig of that tour was at the Coliseum in st Martins Lane. I have never known a rock gig there since.

Also gone the Cricketers at the Oval (saw Desmond Dekker, Geno Washington, John Otway among others)

The Marquee (Wardour Street) was always my favourite. Tramshed was a pain for me to get home from. A friend of mine walked home after one gig there from Woolwich to Clapham!