Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alan Pardew - Sound Familiar ?

What the Southampton fans have to say about Pardew

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=479&fid=224&sty=2&act=1&mid=2120446335

Comments

• Long may their poor run continue! I'm sure they'll eventually build some momentum but nice seeing Pardew sweat!
  • I'm not convinced Pardew will be able to win promotion even with the players he has at his disposal this season.
  • Failure to make an attempt to try and retrieve games via substitutions made me realise that the man was so arrogant that he refused to accept he may have got it wrong

Qpr away be spent the whole game leaning against the dug out refusing to deal with his team his mess

Now the saints will see it for themselves
  • edited August 2010
    http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2130446,00.html

Yes, it all sounds so familiar ..................
  • Last year they played for 6 months with the freedom that they were safe from relegation. Now they aren't and I don't think Pardew will be a success this year
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Last year they played for 6 months with the freedom that they were safe from relegation. Now they aren't and I don't think Pardew will be a success this year

I'd add that they also felt little pressure as there was no real expectation for them to make the play offs either. I think as the pressure increases (based on their huge investment and wage bill) we will see Pardew bring out all the same old excuses and it could all end in tears. Anything less than winning the league at a canter and, frankly, they will be seen as und performing.

Especially now that they have lost their sugar daddy they need to go up this season or they could be in real trouble with a wage bill that few Championship clubs can afford in the third division.
  • "Lambert was half asleep for most of the game, Jadi was not all their either, there is lots wrong with this side :(
    A lack of passion, determination about them. passing back to much and not pressing forward when they should have."

And:

"Disappointing.
    I don't like to criticize AP but we are too predictable at times and he makes substitutions too late. The game was dying on its arse after about 60 minutes and we needed to change then, not after 75 minutes."

Not happy, are they?
  • I wouldn't wish Pardew on anybody, but if it means we have a better chance of promotion at their expense, long may his reign continue!
  • Orient scored with an uncontested header from a corner, a Pardew speciality that can easily be traced back to West ham and beyond.
  • He represents my biggest hope of Saints not romping this league. So much more to spend than all his rivals but hopefully still capable of screwing it all up. It really isn't always as simple as just buying the best firepower that every other club would like and telling them to go out and win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent stuff. I remember people on here worrying that they would beat us to a play-off place last year. We, more than any other set of supporters know that they are in incapable hands and should just sit back, let them make a mess and enjoy it.
  • anyone up for a little CL competiton?

how long will it take Pardew to blame the music the team runs out to?
  • Pardew is doing a terrific job at Southampton , i'm sure all he needs is a few more million to spend & they'll be alright , i'm sure he can bring the same level of success to the saints as he brought to us , would you buy a car from this man?
  • He's just spent 1m euros on an Italian Div 1 player.
  • 5 month loan deal

Did he pay €1m for the loan deal, or is that the agreed fee for the optional transfer, or what?

I read about this earlier this morning, thought it was going to be a few days before it'd be finalised. Now reading that article, I'm more confused.

He says he chose Southampton over possibly Roma because "I knew I had to come here". He must be on a tidy wage packet
  • He looks like Darren Bent. And I want to punch that smug grin off Pardew's face as well!
  • Yeah, he'll be on thousands.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]5 month loan deal

Did he pay €1m for the loan deal, or is that the agreed fee for the optional transfer, or what?

I read about this earlier this morning, thought it was going to be a few days before it'd be finalised. Now reading that article, I'm more confused.

He says he chose Southampton over possibly Roma because "I knew I had to come here". He must be on a tidy wage packet

Just been reading about him. He got his side Cesena promoted into Serie A last season. Why on earth would you leave Serie A to sign for a league one team. It can only be wages.

"I have always wanted to play in England and at the highest possible level" - i'm sure every Brazilian has always dreamt of going to Carlise, Rochdale and Hartlepool!
  • Fair play to the Saints Board, they are backing him, probably given himself even more rope to hang himself with now though has Pards.
  • The Ego has landed.

Dont the people on here and those Saints fans know he once Managed West Ham ?

Wonder if he has the same "pay up in nano seconds" if he gets the Spainish Archer ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]5 month loan deal

I think that will be the agreed fee, well I trust Cortese enough to believe it is the agreed fee. ;)

As for wages, my guess is that he is on the same as all our other big players like Lambert and Fonte.

Sounds promising but won't this type of signing could go either way.
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The Ego has landed.

Dont the people on here and those Saints fans know he once Managed West Ham ?

Wonder if he has the same "pay up in nano seconds" if he gets the Spainish Archer ?

What? He's never mentioned that one....
  • If Saints fan is right, what do Cesana get out of this deal? I'm really confused. They could've kept him, had him playing for them, helping them stay up. Or they could've sold him to another Serie A club, and got money. Or they could've got a mix of those two, had him playing for them, then sold him in January after he'd put himself in the shop window.

If Saints fan is right, then they lose him from their team, and if he impresses so much that Southampton want to keep him, they've locked themselves into an agreement to sell him for a certain price, losing the ability to up the price if there are other offers.

Unless he's pony, in which case they don't have to pay his wages or deal with his attitude.

Assuming he's not pony, there has to be a pretty big up-front payment here, at least a significant part of that €1m.
  • Pardew's answer to everything: sign more players, and use trial and error until something works. Or in our case gets us relegated.
  • monkeys and typewriters
    Bit of advice Alan....actually go out on the training pitch, and organize/train your players to defent free kicks and corners...this will harvest you more points.
    ...sorry, that would mean actually doing some work Alan....my mistake
  • How many Serie B wonders have succeeded in English football? An attacking midfielder, when it sounds like as in most Pardew teams he's lacking players with character and positional excellence. Hey ho watch them go. I'd quite like to see Soton atm they're on a knife edge.
  • They made a similar loan signing last season with Papa Waigo, he did well for them I think?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]They made a similar loan signing last season with Papa Waigo, he did well for them I think?

He was good but was never going to live up to the hype that our fans made because he had come from Fiorentina.

Shame we never took up the option to buy, he was unpredictable and defenders didn't know what to expect from him.
  • "defenders didn't know what to expect from him".

Thought you were talking about Pardew again. Nothing against Southampton as a club but I so want this to be another nail in his coffin (which will need particularly large extensions for his head and wallet). Once again, rather than improve the players he already has, he goes out and gambles more money.
  • [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]"defenders didn't know what to expect from him".

Thought you were talking about Pardew again. Nothing against Southampton as a club but I so want this to be another nail in his coffin (which will need particularly large extensions for his head and wallet). Once again, rather than improve the players he already has, he goes out and gambles more money.

I think failure this season will be the end of his hopes in management.

One of my real worries about Pardew losing his job is that our key players will become unhappy as they appear to like playing under his management.
  • Saints fan, do you have any idea why Cesana would agree to this? The only two possibilities I can see are either that he's pony (either in ability or attitude) or that they're getting a big chunk of money for the 5 month deal.