Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any Songs You Wish We Wouldn't Sing?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think we should take the opposite view to this thread, think we should make the ground much more hostile & venomous for the opposition. Even if it means just whistling when the oppo has possession everyone can join in that no words to learn etc.

All this cannot sing this, cannot sing that is complete sh*te in my opinion. Football songs & the atmostphere at football are one of the things that make the game great. Try watching a game of football at home on telly & mute the sound & tell me it's the same, it aint.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Personally I think we should take the opposite view to this thread, think we should make the ground much more hostile & venomous for the opposition. Even if it means just whistling when the oppo has possession everyone can join in that no words to learn etc.

All this cannot sing this, cannot sing that is complete sh*te in my opinion. Football songs & the atmostphere at football are one of the things that make the game great. Try watching a game of football at home on telly & mute the sound & tell me it's the same, it aint.

this for me i want away fans and players to fear the valley not thing what lovely place to spend an afternoon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

that bit I agree with. The atmosphere has dropped over the years, people used to come to the Valley and comment on how loud the fans were and I was proud of that. We need to be united but the opinions of people is important to take into consideration if you want that unity. I personally HATE 'Oh South London' I sing loud and proud with throughout the match but I shut up when that one is started, It is sexist and disrespectful to the thousands of female supporters it may have been ok 30 years ago when there wasn't that many women going to matches but it needs to get with the times.

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]this for me i want away fans and players to fear the valley not thing what lovely place to spend an afternoon
    Wouldn't this make us as bad as Millwall?? Yes we should be louder, we should be more unified but to show our support to our team and to give the players spirit to play their best, not to be scare mongers. Taking the p**s out of the opposition is great fun and wouldn't dispute it I do it myself but why do they need to be intimidated and scared to come? (there are children and elderly away supporters for christ sake). Let them walk out and say 'wow they are some loud supporters wish we were like that at home', not 'I wonder if it's safe to leave and get the train?'