Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Defoe - cheat

Wonder if the papers will c*** him off like they did Thierry Henry.

No, of course they wont.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Wonder if the papers will c*** him off like they did Thierry Henry.

No, of course they wont.

No chance. They were laughing about it on TV, and the result means that it "didn't make a difference".

Did Eduardo serve a ban when he was given one?
  • I, for one am looking forward to seeing Spuds spectacular failure in the group stages. Of course, tonights result will see all the plastic Spurs coming out of the woodwork proclaiming them to be the greatest team ever.
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite] proclaiming them to be the greatest team ever.
    TO be fair to them, the delusional idiots do that all of the time regardless.
  • I feckin' hate Spurs! Now to listen to their fans going on about it ad nauseum.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]proclaiming them to be the greatest team ever.
    TO be fair to them, the delusional idiots do that all of the time regardless.

good point, Spurs are a muggy little runt of a football team
  • Yep. At least they're third seeds. They'll probably get Marseille or Panathinaikos now as their second seeds, instead of Real Madrid
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Yep. At least they're third seeds. They'll probably get Marseille or Panathinaikos now as their second seeds, instead of Real Madrid
    I'm sure ITV just said they were 2nd seeds.
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2010
    Likely pots for Champions League draw:

Pot one: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Auxerre.

Pot three: Panathinaikos, Tottenham, Rangers, Ajax, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen.

Pot four: Spartak Moscow, Hapoel Tel Aviv, MSK Zilina, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, Bursaspor.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Likely pots for Champions League draw:

Pot one: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Zenit St Petersburg*.

Pot three: Panathinaikos, Tottenham*, Rangers, Ajax*, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen*.

Pot four: Spartak Moscow, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Sparta Prague*, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, Bursaspor.

So in theory, Spuds could end up with AC Milan, Real Madrid and Spartak Moscow....... Mwhahahaha
  • Yep. Just edited it for those that have gone through (I think).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2010
    Come on: Real, Roma, Tottenham, Moscow

goodnight spurs
  • If the UEFA gods are listening, please fix it that Spuds get the toughest group possible and go out after losing every game and conceeding 59 goals in the process!
  • so secretly we actually like the sky 4 and kind of resent spurs messing the party up?
  • IAIA
    edited August 2010

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.

Pot three: Tottenham, Rangers, Ajax, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen, Spartak Moscow.

Pot four: Hapoel Tel Aviv, Auxerre, MSK Zilina, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, Bursaspor.

These are the proper seedings afaik. It depends on UEFA coefficient, not who you knock out, so Auxerre go into pot 4 despite beating Zenit who would've been in pot 2
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]so secretly we actually like the sky 4 and kind of resent spurs messing the party up?

Not really, I would just rather burn off my balls with a flame thrower than see Spurs be successful!
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Pot one: Inter Milan, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Lyon.

Pot two: Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica, Valencia, Marseille, Panathinaikos.

Pot three: Tottenham, Rangers, Ajax, Schalke, Basle, Braga, FC Copenhagen, Spartak Moscow.

Pot four: Hapoel Tel Aviv, Auxerre, MSK Zilina, FC Twente, Rubin Kazan, CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade, Bursaspor.

These are the proper seedings afaik. It depends on UEFA coefficient, not who you knock out, so Auxerre go into pot 4 despite beating Zenit who would've been in pot 2

Knowing Spurs' luck they'll get Lyon, Panathinaikos and Hapoel Tel Aviv.
  • Lyon would beat them. I think everyone in Pot 1 would beat them.

Shaktar lost to Fulham last year. I don't know how to rate Marseille

I've heard Hapoel are handy, but yeah, there's some trickier places to go than Tel Aviv (eg Kazan, Cluj, Belgrade would be tough, and Bursaspor are an unknown quantity)
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]so secretly we actually like the sky 4 and kind of resent spurs messing the party up?

Spurs are by far the team I dislike most in the Premiership at the moment, I am not that keen on Chelsea or Arsenal either - the rest don't bother me.
  • edited August 2010
    Spurs are by far the team I dislike most in the Premiership at the moment, I am not that keen on Chelsea or Arsenal either - the rest don't bother me.[/quote]

Hate Chelsea more than Spurs but only since Abramovich and Cashley Cole/John Terry hit the headlines.

As for Spurs, hope they get Barcelona- Messi will have a field day against Corluka.
  • Lyon are not the side they used to be. But i picked them as they're probably the weakest side in Pot A so was doing a best case scenario for Spurs.

Group of death - Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Schalke, Rubin Kazan
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Lyon are not the side they used to be. But i picked them as they're probably the weakest side in Pot A so was doing a best case scenario for Spurs.

Group of death for Spurs/joy for everyone else - Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Spuds, Rubin Kazan

Fixed your post ;-)
  • Morning Chaps...what a glorious day.
    Nice to know you're all wishing us well in our European adventure ;-) Has anyone mentioned its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in 1 yet?...

Personally, I'd be bloody delighted if we get Madrid and Inter. One of my best pals is Head of IT at Spurs now so I'm guaranteed tickets. Have always wanted to go to the Bernebau and the San Siro...may get that chance now.
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I think everyone in Pot 1 would beat them.

Away from home probably yes, but at WHL we'll give anyone a game. Shame we cant play either Ars*nal or Chelsea as we've got a decent record against both at WHL in recent years.
  • Yeah but is defoe as bad as Henry johnboy
  • Inside man eh JohnBoy?

I for one will happily watch Spurs. I try and go every season along with a Whammies match, and can quite honestly say I find it most enjoyable even when Berbatov went crazy for a 5-1. Though I can't work out why Redknapp insists on playing a half player like Defoe in front of Keane.

I suspect Spurs will have a reasonable champ league campaign but ultimately be undone by the fact that they only have Palacios to shut up shop in midfield. If Palacios get's injured then it could be baseball scores. If they start to struglle old loony tunes Redknapp'll be fucked, with his disregard to boring mdfield filling football.
  • I'd avoid mentioning Chelsea and the Arse. You compare very unfavourably, to say the least.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Yeah but is defoe as bad as Henry johnboy

Yep, I suppose he is but then that was payback for their first goal last week being offside ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Inside man eh JohnBoy?

I for one will happily watch Spurs. I try and go every season along with a Whammies match, and can quite honestly say I find it most enjoyable even when Berbatov went crazy for a 5-1. Though I can't work out why Redknapp insists on playing a half player like Defoe in front of Keane.

I suspect Spurs will have a reasonable champ league campaign but ultimately be undone by the fact that they only have Palacios to shut up shop in midfield. If Palacios get's injured then it could be baseball scores. If they start to struglle old loony tunes Redknapp'll be fucked, with his disregard to boring mdfield filling football.

I agree with you 100% there. Palacios is somewhat limited as a player. He is great at what he does, he's got a good engine and puts himself about but he's distribution is damn right awful at times. I think HR has realised this and it showed towards the end of last season when he went with Modric and Huddlestone in the middle.

However, now qualification to the group stages is confirmed, and you choose to believe the ITKs, the next 7 days are going to be very busy for Spurs in transfer market, despite HR saying last night that he wasnt looking to bring anyone in. I certainly wouldnt be surprised to see a new midfielder and forward come in now.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]However, now qualification to the group stages is confirmed, and you choose to believe the ITKs, the next 7 days are going to be very busy for Spurs in transfer market, despite HR saying last night that he wasnt looking to bring anyone in. I certainly wouldnt be surprised to see a new midfielder and forward come in now.

Very busy? Yeah, I can see you bringing in one or two players, but according to the Champions' League plan, the money is good but not extreme from the Champions' League. A decent campaign, picking up 8 points, would be worth €9.5m to you. Change one of those draws to a win, and qualify for the second round to bring it up to €13m. Add in matchday revenue and merchandising (excluding the people who've already bought shirts), and you're still struggling to bring it up to the price you agreed for Darren Bent. If you have extra money to spend anyway, then why wouldn't you spend it pre-season on one or two new players and give them time to settle in, instead of waiting until you've qualified for the Champions' League with everyone knowing you need to get a few deals in the next week? Fair enough, whatever, but it seems a strange way of doing business when you're presumably targeting another 4th place finish.

As for your claim that you'd beat one of the top tier teams at WHL, I disagree. I think you might draw against all of them, but I can't see a win. You don't have to beat them to get to the next round anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Morning Chaps...what a glorious day.
    Nice to know you're all wishing us well in our European adventure ;-) Has anyone mentioned its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in 1 yet?...

Personally, I'd be bloody delighted if we get Madrid and Inter. One of my best pals is Head of IT at Spurs now so I'm guaranteed tickets. Have always wanted to go to the Bernebau and the San Siro...may get that chance now.
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I think everyone in Pot 1 would beat them.

Away from home probably yes, but at WHL we'll give anyone a game. Shame we cant play either Ars*nal or Chelsea as we've got a decent record against both at WHL in recent years.

Correct me if i'm wrong but your win against Arsenal last season was the first time you'd beaten them in the league since 1999! And a couple of decent results against Chelsea recently doesn't hide the fact you've been miserable against them for years.
    And no wins away to the so called 'big 4' in about 70 games!
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]However, now qualification to the group stages is confirmed, and you choose to believe the ITKs, the next 7 days are going to be very busy for Spurs in transfer market, despite HR saying last night that he wasnt looking to bring anyone in. I certainly wouldnt be surprised to see a new midfielder and forward come in now.

Very busy? Yeah, I can see you bringing in one or two players, but according to theChampions' League plan, the money is good but not extreme from the Champions' League. A decent campaign, picking up 8 points, would be worth €9.5m to you. Change one of those draws to a win, and qualify for the second round to bring it up to €13m. Add in matchday revenue and merchandising (excluding the people who've already bought shirts), and you're still struggling to bring it up to the price you agreed for Darren Bent..

IA - it was reported that Liverpool made £23m from last seasons CL even though they got knocked out in the group stages. So there's plenty of money there for Spurs.
  • IAIA
    edited August 2010
    Spurs are nowhere near Liverpool for revenue-raising potential. I gave the figures for Champions' League money. Liverpool are a bigger club worldwide than Spurs, so no surprise they make more money from merchandising etc. There is some scope for extra money from UEFA, but this would still go to someone other than Spurs. In 2004, clubs like Arsenal, Barcelona, Man U etc all made more money than Porto (who won the competition), because they're all bigger clubs and bigger draws for UEFA.