Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defoe - cheat

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Has anyone mentioned its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in 1 yet?...
    Really? Did you enter (and win) some competition I'm not familiar with in 2001 then?
  • Options
    I think you're wrong there Spurs are very good at maximising their income. It's hard to find out gate receipts from Liverpool due to them being run by two massively crap and leveraged businessmen, and not releasing easily accessible results. Spurs are massively over-subscribed for season tickets. Sure Liverpool have a bigger and wider fanbase but I've seen no evidence of them properly monetising the far east connection; plenty of fake shirts. Yes season gate receipts are probably higher, but Spurs sell out and no doubt are able to charge a higher pice per seat/box. On A1 matchdays there probably is much less difference in income between Spurs and Liverpool.

Spurs need the re-building of White Hart Lane quickly but their much more likely to achieve this than Moores or H&G were/will. Levy's only recent borrowing was to finance ol 'Arries over spend to Pompey. Liverpool must finance around 220 million of debt, whilst there is another 200 million of debt. It don't really matter if you can make an extra few million if your interest payments are 20-37 mill. Liverpool are a loss making machine which requires 400-450 plus million just to wipe out debts, before even paying for this years debt or financing another expensive ground building plan. So Liverpool are approaching a business model whereby only a sovreign wealth fund can buy them or a very few rich billionaires; without worries on where they'll access funds whilst trying to manage their other indebted companies.
  • Options
    And i thought i was bitter.
    Sesshh he left us like 100 years ago.

He is a class striker, and the handball was not in the same league as Henry's.
    Henrys was more deliberate. With one minute to go and needing a goal.
    Also, the extra assitant referee's would have clocked Terry's no problem.
    J.D clearly did it as an instinctive thing, and there was no need for any "cheating".
    We see those type of take it in your stride handballs quite often.
    Therefore the two handballs are not similar.

Personally i am pleased for Spurs, good to see a proper club representing England in this years C.L
    A very Long shot but would love to see one of the 3 fellow London teams win it!
  • Options
    It was more like Fabiano's one in the World Cup (although he handled it twice). I did text a Spurs mate though calling them cheats. I also hope Spurs do well.
  • Options
    I actually don't mind Spurs and Harry - it's the (majority of their) fans I don't like!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I actually don't mind Spurs and Harry - it's the (majority of their) fans I don't like!

Aah, but have you acually met the majority of the Spurs fans ie 30,000 of them ? Thought not, how Spursist can you get ?

Oops, sorry supaclive wrong thread.
  • Options
    Good luck to Spurs. Pleased to see a side breaking into the top 4 especially without gazillions of oil $s.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I like Spurs about as much as Fulham, but what a refreshing change for Europe.
  • Options
    ColinTat, leave aside the debt situation and all that, and let's just get this one straight. Spurs are (in terms of worldwide appeal) the third biggest club in London. They are well behind clubs like Porto or Lyon for revenue-raising potential. I name Porto and Lyon because Porto and Lyon don't get as much as they could from the Champions' League because they themselves are small compared to Man Utd, Barcelona, etc. Liverpool (and I don't particularly like them) are bluebloods of European football, have won the Champions' League in the last decade, and are definitely one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's not just gate receipts, and most of their shirt sales have already happened, so should presumably have been part of their budget with or without Champions' League football.

Maybe over the next decade Spurs can overtake Liverpool, maybe it won't matter if they do because Man City will eclipse the both of them, whatever. But please don't tell me that in this year because multiple European Cup winners, regular knockout phase competitors, recent Champions' League winners can raise a lot of money from a pony campaign that Spurs can do the same.

Jarman, Henry's handball was with about 10 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Personally I very much doubt the pundits in the studio would have reacted with such amusement if the boot had been on the other foot as it were. Let's hope we get to find out and see what that puce face, no necked, wide boy would have to say about that!