Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Charlton - Post Match Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    can't quote ValiantPhil from the first page but he has posted the most telling comment for me. Shots on target = 1. Last week Oldham at home, shots on target = 1. First game, Bournemouth at home, shots on target = 2. Familiar pattern here ? Don't say we havn't any money, can't afford a 20 goal striker balh blah. ANYONE can have a shot at goal, not just a striker, but we are goal shy as a team. Work on their shooting and tell them that when they have a sight of goal shoot, don't pass, shoot. Shooting more often we will score more goals FACT. Too much pussy-footing around for my liking. I'd rather see someone shoot ten times in a game, miss with nine but the other goes in. Shots mean goals.

Otherwise, wasn't there so can't commemt. Congrats to the 405 who did go. Anyone there was there to support the team and not on a day-trip out so get over it Andy if you don't like the fact that they didn't join in with the incest song or any other inane offerings that were sung. Anyone that goes that long way knowing that in all likelihood we will only have one or two efforts on goal is deserving of praise. Bloody hell, just why am I going to Exeter then ??
  • Options
    Just read a couple of reports on the game but not able to connect to the OS at the moment so I still don't know if putting Fry on as a substitute in the 88th minute was a tactical substitution or due to an injury. If it was a tactical substitution in the 88th minute when the team is already 3 0 down I would love to hear Parky's reasoning. Equally, if it was due to an injury that would mean that with the team 2 0 after the first half, been outplayed from the start of the second half having held their own for most of the first half, going 3 0 down after 82 minutes, Parky decided it was necessary to make only one tactical substitution and that was not until 70 minutes from the end!
  • Options
    So he's got it wrong either way Red yeah?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]So he's got it wrong either way Red yeah?

Don't really understand the point you are making, or if you are making a point at all! He got it wrong in one way. At 2 0 down and chasing the game and then 3 0 down he deemed it necessary to make only one tactical substitution. Not for the first time I am expressing the view that he does not seem to know, in my opinion, when and how to make tactical substitutions. Does expressing that view offend you in some way?
  • Options
    Nope, not offended. Just don't think we have the players that can change the game from the bench regardless. With the players we had on the bench what else could we do? Bad day at the office against a team that will be right up there come May.
  • Options
    As you said Sodje had already come on for Wagstaff on 70 mins when we went from 451 to 442.

Martin went wide.

It didn't work but he made changes.
  • Options
    With Benson and Anyinsah we now have a few ways we can change things around. More than we even had this time last year.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

Im still trying to get my head round 400 people that came, and the only noise they manage is the odd yawn!

Im seeing middle aged and younger people travelling all that way and they can't get a little excited and passionate about the match?

Well done to us all that did make the journey, but the fact our support is as on/off as it is, is all down to passion. Most clubs (west ham ect) have fans that live to support the team they love. We just haven't got the right mix between the passionate ones and the day tripper

I agree, I like going to away games as well as home, last season i done evey home game (Season Ticket) and about 12 away games, I Intend on doing at least 10 away games as well this year, We didnt take alot up there, But we where alot louder then the hudders fans the the majority of the game lol!, but i agree people need to try and get out more, 400 up to a promotion rival isnt really that brill, Although a top 10 finnish would be fine for me, after all thats happend the last coupple of years its nice to finaly stop the rot I always try to get behind the team weather we are Winning or losing, People can turn round and say whos that idiot at the back always singing lol, I dont mind im just proud to be a Charlton fan and i will always try to get behind the boys no matter what the score!, being a Charlton fan is never easy, But i'd never change the support for the club I love CAFC for life COYR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5J4FGx-QLY
  • Options
    Observations, not criticisms, after seeing highlights again.

1st goal - Dailly let his man get away, Doherty was covering, but Worsley most to blame by coming too far off his line. Hudds player could not have scored from that position if Worsley was correctly positioned. (Sorry Joe don't expect you to be experienced when you're not)

3rd goal - Hudds player in acres of space to cross from their left as Francis appeared to be caught way out of position.

I knew that with two slow centre backs we would get caught out a few times this season and Hudds was the one that I was most expecting, because their forwards are quick. So no surprises and I'm not criticising the centre backs who I'm very glad we have.
  • Options
    I agree with the Observations, not criticisms of Covered End after seeing highlights again myself!

Joe Worsley was at fault for the 1st goal & should have never of come off his line as Doherty was covering.

The other 2 goals as I have seen it was both Francis fault, the 2nd goal he was the closest man to the Huddersfield goal scorer & left the doc marking 3 Huddersfield players! The 3rd goal Francis again allowed the Hudds player to cross from the left.

I have been reading a lot of criticism of Francis on here with people calling for Solly & now can see why. It is early days in Francis Charlton career & the goal he set up at Orient was great but we cant afford if we are going to for promotion this season is a liability at the back.

As for worsley he is not experienced so his time will come but he is not ready yet,if Elliott is still injured we need a loan keeper now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross WORNER
  • Options
    i think wolseley had a mare in goal but hopefully he'll improve with experience
  • Options
    I thought it was Thomas Wolsey in goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]I thought it was Thomas Wolsey in goal.

It would be a cardinal sin to make that mistake.
  • Options
    The midfield was totally over-run again. Where was Thierry Racon, he was totally anonymous - did he touch the ball?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]The midfield was totally over-run again. Where was Thierry Racon, he was totally anonymous - did he touch the ball?

Harsh. Racon wasn't in the team...
  • Options
    I thought it was strange when I read Joe Worsley but as he was a new player I thought I was wrong LOL :0)
    Anyway good Luck to Ross WORNER as things can only get better I hope from Here!