Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CURBS

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stanmore and the site, here's Pards in the Indie
  • Options
    No where near Large-

Your putting in a well reasoned argument- just that many of us don't fully agree with it.

That's what these forums should be about.
  • Options
    i understand if not agree

but i do agree with some points but not all points. i disagree with some points but not all points.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite] I can, and it's the situation both clubs are in, if we were 13th and they were about the same, we wouldn't be having this debate as Pards would still be at West Ham, and Dowie with us.

We need to win, so do they, the atmosphere needs to be red hot, and being polite to Curbishley before and during the game is something that'll have to wait

Rothko, that is spot on mate. We need to make it intimadating and red-hot. Politely clapping Curbs before the game is not gonna produce the same sort of atmosphere. We need our players to be charged up and up for it. If the game kicks off with the clapping still ringing round we'll probably be one down within five minutes and at the end of the game (some of) those clapping Curbs will probably be booing us for getting beaten and wondering why. Let's give him an ovation at the end after we've given them a right good bashing.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    It was the sort of pressure he never really faced here, as he was sitting in a safe job , with a safe chairman, at a safe club.

That is the single biggest reason why we are in the position we are IMO.
  • Options
    Fair enough, agree to differ to an extent.

Ideal day for me, teams come out followed by managers.

We give Curbs a very good reception, we give Pards and the team a bigger and better one.

We keep the atmosphere up all game and hopefully get the right result and then give everyone a clap at the end.

But I dont think I'll be joining in with Alan Alan whats the score or You should have stayed at The Valley if we're winning.

Im pretty certain he wont be rubbing it in if they win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Fair enough, agree to differ to an extent.

Ideal day for me, teams come out followed by managers.

We give Curbs a very good reception, we give Pards and the team a bigger and better one.

We keep the atmosphere up all game and hopefully get the right result and then give everyone a clap at the end.

But I dont think I'll be joining in with Alan Alan whats the score or You should have stayed at The Valley if we're winning.

Im pretty certain he wont be rubbing it in if they win.

'Alan Alan what's the score' you can join in with as Pards responds with three fingers on one hand and a zero with the other. 'You should have stayed at The Valley' is one I won't join in with as AC going was the right decision for all concerned despite what has happened/may happen this season.
  • Options
    LargeAddick,

You say all I want to say but I just don't have the time!
    Keep it up please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy[/cite]LargeAddick,

Keep it up please.

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy[/cite]LargeAddick,

Keep it up please.

;-)

lol Wss, lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never mind Chirpy, looks like the cats out of the bag.. :-)
  • Options
    I'd clap him before the game as he walks from the tunnel to the away dugout, and that's it. Closure.

After that, it's game on.
  • Options
    Must admit I am finding all this attention I am receiving quite flattering.
    Ok, I am Chirpy and so's my wife!
    I'm not really though. Loved Mc Moist's conclusion: I named Stuart Maconie as my favourite current radio DJ and apparently Chirpy won some competition on his show! Does Scotland Yard know what they have missed?
  • Options
    lol. only pulling you're leg fella
  • Options
    I stand by everything i said about Curbs in this article

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=72

I won't be there that day, but if i was i'd give him a decent clap before the game, but once that whistle goes, he's just another opposing manager.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I will stand and clap him before the game. As for the game, I hope we stuff them and if necessary they get relegated instead of us although I hope we both stay up. I'm sure Curbs will be thinking the same about us. Thats Football and life. He'll still be a legend here whatever happens.