Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The William Hague Room-Sharing "Scandal"

Comments

• Options
    Trying to be politically neutral, I think the fact that he shared a room with his aide doesn't mean much. If he wanted to hide it as he surely would have, you would have thought they would have booked 2 rooms and used 1. Footballers still share rooms, that doesn't mean anything. He should have answered as above, but the way he has reacted has fuelled the story and it does make you question his judgement. Still, I don't think it is something he should resign over. Blunkett and Prescott had affairs as I seem to remember and the gay nature should be neither here nor there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Couldn't he just say he was "curious"

rimming is curious what he is being accused of is full on ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Trying to be politically neutral, I think the fact that he shared a room with his aide doesn't mean much. If he wanted to hide it as he surely would have, you would have thought they would have booked 2 rooms and used 1. Footballers still share rooms, that doesn't mean anything. He should have answered as above, but the way he has reacted has fuelled the story and it does make you question his judgement. Still, I don't think it is something he should resign over. Blunkett and Prescott had affairs as I seem to remember and the gay nature should be neither here nor there.

It's not the affair - true or not - that will cause him the problem. It's giving his room-mate a 30K government job over better qualified candidates that could bite him on the arse. Excuse the pun.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]You have to laugh how long ago is it the Guardianistas on here were screaming their heads off defending Sol Campbell for taking out court cases against people who slagged him off on a footie field for being gay---- but the very same people are now "outing" Hague for being Gay.

Eh? This all started with a Tory blogger, Guido and was taken up by the Mail and the Telegraph. Nothing in the Grauniad until after Hague made his statement and then it's all been pretty supportive of Hague.
  • Options
    Yes, the story has developed because he handled it poorly. Think it shows we were fortunate he was never prime minister. Still, reading Blair's recent interviews, it is frightening to think he was once prime minister (and I voted for him).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]You have to laugh how long ago is it the Guardianistas on here were screaming their heads off defending Sol Campbell for taking out court cases against people who slagged him off on a footie field for being gay---- but the very same people are now "outing" Hague for being Gay.[/quote]

You have to laugh at people who can't understand the difference between a single footballer and a married elected MP and who is foreign secretary.

Personally I hope none of it's true and that he and his wife can get on with their lives.
  • Options
    Yes. it isn't about being gay but cheating on his relationship which I think he is probably innocent of btw. If the aide was female, we wouldn't even be speculating that he was having an affair but as I said before he would have booked 2 rooms wouldn't he. He clearly didn't think he had anything to hide and the room he booked was a twin, not a double I think I have read. Now it has become about much more than that - namely favouritsm, mis use of public funds and lack of judgement.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I got as far as Quote #4 ......and can't be asked to read the rest.

Who gives a shit anyway. He's just a Tory
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I got as far as Quote #4 ......and can't be asked to read the rest.

Who gives a shit anyway. He's just a Tory wanker.

But if its true then he does more than that ;-)
  • Options
    He cant be gay -- he dosnt have at least two chat shows, presented a BAFTA award and been voted sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny .

As for this board being right wing please dooooooooooooooo burn yourself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Yes. it isn't about being gay but cheating on his relationship which I think he is probably innocent of btw. If the aide was female, we wouldn't even be speculating that he was having an affair but as I said before he would have booked 2 rooms wouldn't he. He clearly didn't think he had anything to hide and the room he booked was a twin, not a double I think I have read. Now it has become about much more than that - namely favouritsm, mis use of public funds and lack of judgement.

Dude, if he had been sharing a room with a 25 year-old female then he would be in very hot water too, no doubt about that.

The point is not the reality of whether he shagged him/her but the perception that he might have done.
  • Options
    Sorry, noticed that "Scum" was on ITV4 iplayer and got distracted from the thread.

Saga. Without wanting to continue a pointless arguement with you, my lame attempt at humour has obviously irked you. I Apologise unreservedly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]He cant be gay -- he dosnt have at least two chat shows, presented a BAFTA award and been voted sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny .

I rest my case.
  • Options
    Yes, if she was female we would all know it was dodgy.
  • Options
    and boom down the plug hole is going to go another good thread
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]

I actually think this board has more of a right wing lean to it.

sits back
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

puts feet up

[cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]quote]

I rest my case.

lights cigar
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Think it shows we were fortunate he was never prime minister

Yeah, that makese sense???

I don't see how most of this is anyones business, if he's gay, so what? If he's unfaithful to his wife, so what, thats between them as well.

Surely the only thing that has anything to do with the public is the employment of the aide. Anything more than that is prying, imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]I actually think this board has more of a right wing lean to it.

i think there's a fairly healthy mixture of both left and right. But wish BOTH sets would go and get a room.

As mentioned by most its not his political leanings we are talking about here anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

Fair point but I'd have to be bloody curious to rim another fella (or woman for that matter!!!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Fair point but I'd have to be bloody curious to rim another fella (or woman for that matter!!!!)

that's what I thought. If rimming is just being "curious" I've let a very sheltered life

: - )
  • Options
    rimming is the way forward lets get this thread sunk for better reasons than the lot that want to fight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]rimming is the way forward lets get this thread sunk for better reasons than the lot that want to fight

How about slick legging? That's bound to get this thread sunk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]rimming is the way forward

Each to their own I guess ;-)
  • Options
    Has Peter Snow used his Swing-O-meter yet?
  • Options
    Felching now that should work
  • Options
    Right wing board LOL.

We must have the most Guardian readers of any football club in the country especially on this board.

I would probably rather vote Taliban than Labour but got to laugh at some of the lefties talking about wasting public money etc etc....

Seriously Labour last 5 years LOL...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Felching now that should work

It should.

We'd be allowed to say it if were part of the clique but cos we're not they will sink this thread.

does string of pearls count?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

It should.

We'd be allowed to say it if were part of the clique but cos we're not they will sink this thread.

no but a Taco Fondue does

and the term red wings should
  • Options

It should.

no but a Taco Fondue does

and the term red wings should

I'm blushing.
  • Options

It should.

Fisting anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

It should.

Fisting anyone?

I've seen your hands so no thinks but gerbilling?