Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Bulgaria

2»

Comments

• Options
    Poor opposition, average performance against poor opposition 4-0 probably a fair reflection of that. England at half mast four goals better than uncle Orinoco at half mast
  • Options
    Went last night, we had that Pompey Bell ringing mug two rows in front of us singing Portsmouth songs.

Rooney Poor First half much better second, Judas looked a good finisher last night as well. Still think we need to sort out a formation that works for our players, Gerrard without Lampard is our Best player by far & the team should have been built around him not Fat Frank years ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Speaking through gritted teeth here as I dislike the pair of them for obvious reasons but Judas was excellent last night. Top drawer finishing and movement off the ball. Worse still the bald scouse twat actually sounded ok as a pundit.
  • Options
    Thought the scoreline flattered us a little but was good to see Gerrard doing what he does best. Still don't think Walcott is international standard (A.Johnson will be) and Dawson getting injured may be a blessing in disguise. I think he's a liability despite playing for Spurs.

Jagielka looked good, Rooney played unselfishly but needs a goal soon and Glen Johnson scares the life out of me when defending.

An expected win but the game against the Swiss will be a lot more difficult. Still all a bunch of c*cks in my eyes though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Speaking through gritted teeth here as I dislike the pair of them for obvious reasons but Judas was excellent last night. Top drawer finishing and movement off the ball. Worse still the bald scouse twat actually sounded ok as a pundit.
    Defoe showed last night why Benty will never make it at England level IMO. Defoe seems to take his chances where I think Darren would need multiple chances before putting it in the onion bag.
  • Options
    Disagree re Benty, WSS - he too can be a clinical finisher. Judas was annoyingly good last night, though. But he did pick up a knock, so maybe Bent will get his chance on Tuesday. Wonder if Rooney would deign to pass to him, if so?

Think Walcott is suffering from Lloyd Sam syndrome - expectations are so high that it's almost impossible for him to deliver. Thought the commentators were ridiculously critical of him at times last night.
  • Options
    He can be clinical but is "can be" enough for an England international? I have a lot of affection for Darren and think he should've gone to both the last WCs as a squad player (based on his phenonemal goalscoring record in the PL) but I honestly don't think he would've scored those three chances Defoe got last night.

As you say though, I hope he gets the chance to prove me, and more importantly, Redknapp, Eriksson, McLaren and Capello wrong.
  • Options
    Don't like the blue shorts
    and did anyone else see the close up of the girl giving it the dickhead sign, quite funny on a very immature level !
  • Options
    edited September 2010