Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This is england'86

Comments

• Options
    Thought it was great and cant wait for the next one.

Question.... the two lads/ bullies that sit round the girls house when sean gets punched....were they both his mates in the original?

I think one of them (the smaller one) was the little skinhead Fil (?) who Combo kicks out of his car after the NF meeting but not sure if the other one was or was meant to be his tall mate from the film?
  • Options
    I think i wanted it to be so much more and i didnt really get the chick flick element to it.

There was some funny bits but not enough
  • Options
    The 2 youths in the sergio tracksuits were the ones who ripped the piss out of his flares in the first film.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it
  • Options
    Last night's episode was a build up - I'd like to see how the characters and the plot develops before writing it off.

Also, I might not have been paying attention, but I'm sure the continuity announcer said that there would be no breaks for commercials?
  • Options
    I wanna know who would sit in that chair
  • Options
    That was funny
  • Options
    the blokes in the sergios were comedy gold
  • Options
    When they turned there scramblers around...

And smell would be a good would'ya.
  • Options
    no i bloody wouldnt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked it, obviously a different feel to the film but its not all Meadows this time so that makes sense, the two bully lads were very funny. Worth watching for Lol and her sister alone, stunning.
  • Options
    I can't even look at Rosamund Hanson (Smell) without cracking up.
  • Options
    Lol is stunning and that is a fact!
  • Options
    Vicky McClure
  • Options
    I thought it was very good. Looking forward to the others.

I don't watch much telly but this is quality British drama, well made, nicely shot, good performances etc. I wish more British telly was as good.
  • Options
    I've always thought that the original film benefitted from the fact that the actors didn't seem to be "acting" in it. Last night alot of the cast, particularly Lol had lost that natural feel, and it all feels alot more polished, professional and less "gritty". Not sure what the hook of the series will be either, the film was set against the Falklands War which added to its atmosphere, what happened in '86 that had as big an impact on British society? However thought Shaun and Woody were still good, and I think the series will improve, especially with the music.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Lol is stunning and that is a fact!

Her sisters better ;)
  • Options
    Good point Eldavide, one of the reasons the film was so good because you could see that it wasn't scripted-the first episode lacked that realism and did indeed look too polished.

Lol is hot, even with the dark "skinhead with fringe" look in the film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eldavide[/cite]I've always thought that the original film benefitted from the fact that the actors didn't seem to be "acting" in it. Last night alot of the cast, particularly Lol had lost that natural feel, and it all feels alot more polished, professional and less "gritty". Not sure what the hook of the series will be either, the film was set against the Falklands War which added to its atmosphere, what happened in '86 that had as big an impact on British society? However thought Shaun and Woody were still good, and I think the series will improve, especially with the music.

I was born...
  • Options
    Trumpton riots was number 1 for a few weeks. I got a pot black 4 foot snooker table with waistcoat and bow tie for xmas that year... I was 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Lol is stunning and that is a fact!

Her sisters better ;)

defo. Kelly i think her name is. got a pink mohawk.....she's a sort.
  • Options
    I thought the first episode was ok.

What l didn't understand is in the film, one of the schoolboys who beat up Shaun was called Harvey. Yet in the tv series, there's a guy in the gang with the same name! Is he the same character?

On a separate note, Vicky McClure (Lol) and Andrew Shim (Milky) played sister and brother in an earlier Shane Meadows' film 'A Room For Romeo Brass' which has a similar storyline to 'This Is England' (the film). In my opinion, 'ARFRB' is a better film!
  • Options
    i dont get how the big old bloke that was inside with combo, is now there mate....yet he was laughin when Milky got the shite kicked out of him in the film?!!!
  • Options
    But combo also smashed a bottle on his head so could have turned him away from the dark side so to speak.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley Boy Lost[/cite]I thought the first episode was ok.

What l didn't understand is in the film, one of the schoolboys who beat up Shaun was called Harvey. Yet in the tv series, there's a guy in the gang with the same name! Is he the same character?

Same character and same actor mate.

Anyone seen Dead Man's Shoes by Meadows...one of my favourite films. Paddy Considine is great in it but his brother is even better especially if you see him in Rocknrolla where you realise how good his acting is in DMS.
  • Options
    Much grittyer. Some funny funny moments 7.5 out of 10. Looking forward to next weeks
  • Options
    Liked it, but it was a bit too much like skins
  • Options
    Really enjoying it. It seems to be a bit like Shameless with gritty stuff integrated with humour. Shame it is only a 4 parter as i could see it running for a good few series as there are a lot of characters that could be developed.

This one seems to be focussing on lol but im sure they could do more looking at the other characters.

Suprised there hasnt been a would ya on the vinegar strokes old bird.
  • Options
    Is next week's the last episode? It's only just started to pick up.

Hand to turn away during the end of this week's episode, sickening.