Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This is england'86

Comments

• Options
    what a crock it is.
  • Options
    what a sick dad he is.
    Its hard to explain why its such a good programme.
  • Options
    Channel 4 are cutting edge tv it pushes boundaries and gets you to question yourself and if you should even continue watching.

I wanted to kick the cack out of my tv.

10 out of 10 proper pushing thought provoking tv

Grity edge and no shots pulled handled excellently

I can't believe what I just saw
  • Options
    Thought provoking indeed Nth London. It's a good thing that more people will now be aware of what some poor children have to go through.
  • Options
    Enyoed it, but Massively over-rated. All Meadow's characters are charicatures and he's not got over that in his most recent films especially. 24/7's the best I've seen and he seems to have lost the reality that was in that excellent portrayal of a mixed group of working class mates; worst bit of that is the forced scene near the end with the Coronation St actor fighting his son and the direct influence it has on Bob Hoskins.
  • Options
    That last night was FUBAR
  • Options
    Last nights was probably the best episode so far, but still wasn’t a patch on the film. Is it me or has the acting gone down hill massively. It all seems really wooden now (excuse the pun).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]what a sick dad he is.
    Its hard to explain why its such a good programme.

I'm not sure I like it that much - the characters are a bit weak and I can't believe that Lol hangs around with that familiy and group of friends and is apparently in the process of choosing between two loser boyfriends. That said the way the series goes from funny to serious and back again is well done. All in all it tries a bit too hard to be controversial.
  • Options
    "Can I go as Dog'Tanian?"
  • Options
    The fight with the biker grove gang was superb!

I think it has to be the only mass fight where only 6 propper punches were thrown lol

What happened to Banjo in that fight I thought he was a double hard b******d ?
    He got done by a 16 year old!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone notice Ian Browns cameo as one of the coppers ?
  • Options
    the guy that plays Lol and Kelly's dad was in a very dark and very good film called London to Brighton , his character is equally as disturbing.
  • Options
    does anyone else think he looks like that eagle eye action man that had a beard
  • Options
    LOL @ NLA

London to Brighton is also a cracking british film!
  • Options
    It seems everyones lives where pretty much OK until the camera crew turned up, or maybe tradegy was on hold for 3 years. This has become a question of "how much misery and destitution can we cram into 1 hour" just not balanced enough. The last straw for me was how Sean was caught shagging which was a perfect leveller seeing as he'd castigated his mother for performing the same act...only me and another 10 million saw that coming!

Well done Mr.Meadows for turning a diamond into a turd!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]It seems everyones lives where pretty much OK until the camera crew turned up, or maybe tradegy was on hold for 3 years. This has become a question of "how much misery and destitution can we cram into 1 hour" just not balanced enough. The last straw for me was how Sean was caught shagging which was a perfect leveller seeing as he'd castigated his mother for performing the same act...only me and another 10 million saw that coming!

Well done Mr.Meadows for turning a diamond into a turd!

The funniest thing on CL for ages, comedy gold.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Glad you found it funny i just didnt understand it
  • Options
    That's why it was so funny.
  • Options
    It wasnt meant to be funny lads...just showing my dissapointment...simples!
  • Options
    So eagle eye action man had his eyes knocked out

That was hard to watch but brilliantly done. Felt a bit rushed for the final bit.

Well done combo and lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought it was a dreadful end,how obvious was that.
  • Options
    I must admit I thought it was weird that he had come back. What pisses me off is you could make that 2hrs long and not rush it.

Was obvious I agree but I found that scene with him and lol really hard to watch
  • Options
    milky was a great mate .........
  • Options
    Bit of an anti-climax. Building up to a big fireworks ending and then... we get the ugliest girl on television ever getting done in the bogs and the rest are sitting around playing cards after that?!

Some uncomfortable watching though, think they just set out to shock
  • Options
    Great idea of replacing dialogue with slowmo and a tragic piano score...that scene with Milky and Woody parraleling the scooter story with an instant wedding should win contrived situation of the year. I feel this last episode will become Meadows Zinedine Zidane...some great stuff over the years but this tosh is what he will be remembered for.
  • Options
    agree.
  • Options
    I enjoyed, it really well acting and real 3 dimensional characters. The seen with Lol was terrible, i agree not the most original idea but brilliantly done.
  • Options
    Thought it was superb and definitely scope for a follow on series perhaps focusing on Combo.
  • Options
    combo?
  • Options
    Stephen Graham's character Nol, the scouser