Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Harrison - 13th November

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I dont see anything wrong with it TBH they all do it

they all take easy fights as champions before trying their luck against the real contenders.

Lewis vs Rahman rings a bell and look at the outcome

or Khan vs prescott

Lets see Haye knock the cack out of that no mark Harrison finsih him once and for all then let Haye state his claim against a klitchko
  • Options
    groves v de gale perhaps carter
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]But Chris it takes two to tango, and let's be honest they are all only in the boxing game for the money.

True but i'd have more respect for Haye if he'd said "look i'm going to retire in 2 years and i want to make as much money as i can in that time". But he said he wanted to create a legacy and unify the division. So now he looks stupid for going against what he said.
    He's fought Monte Barrett aged 39, Valuev aged 37, Ruiz aged 38 and now Harrison aged 38. That's no legacy, that's cherry picking fighters (although i accept he had to fight Valuev).

And in any case surely he'd get more money from fighting one of the Klitschko's or someone like Adamek or Arreola in the US as then HBO would want to show it. No one outside the UK will give a sh*t about this fight and to be honest unless the undercard is good i don't even think many British fans will pay £15 for it.
  • Options
    Harrison's last ever fight then!
  • Options
    Will be having a couple of quid on A Force myself, more than a punchers chance especially if Haye bulks up and doesnt knock him out in rounds 1-3 (big if).

Very very very overrated fighter.

Personally would like to see Klitchzko smash them both up at the same time but there you go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]groves v de gale perhaps carter

Thats more like it but I've come round to your way of thinking, it would be good to let them develop a bit more before letting them on each other.
  • Options
    But either klitschko vs haye wouldn't even be that big in the us, as I'm sure you know heavyweight boxing is dead over there. so even if it is on HBO, unless it's a 50/50 split (which the klitschko's won't do), Haye won't earn much more than he would through this. I imagine Harrison is getting a small %, and there will be rematch clauses too, so It's a no loss situation for Haye.

If Vlad and Vitali aren't playing ball, how's Haye supposed to play with him?
  • Options
    true,but they are young and whatever one loses would still come back if they have it them,think degale would beat at present,as groves has become a bit punch happy leaving his brillant boxing skills behind a bit.
  • Options
    also think barker has had a touch getting injured,he dont need macklin at present,wait a while till he gets beat
  • Options
    Thing is, they are massive in Germany and sell out 60,000 arenas, Haye won't take 30,000 fans to Germany so the argument they have is 'why should he get 50% of the box office' Haye as WBA champ has to bring them to the UK to get a payday and neither of them would do that.

Stalemate

Unless GBP or Don King threw a big, big show in Vegas I can't see him fighting either of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but who's GBP?
  • Options
    Golden Boy Promotions
  • Options
    Cheers!
  • Options
    That's my point. What Haye needs is a few promising yanks he can destroy to raise his profile over there, to open up the US Market for his future fights. Problem is that there are pretty much none with anything approaching a profile...
  • Options
    Southend wrote "Will be having a couple of quid on A Force myself, more than a punchers chance especially if Haye bulks up and doesnt knock him out in rounds 1-3 (big if)"

You're forgetting that until he landed a very very late punch on Sprott, Harrison was losing the fight. Sprott is very average and was well ahead on points. Haye will murder him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]That's my point. What Haye needs is a few promising yanks he can destroy to raise his profile over there, to open up the US Market for his future fights. Problem is that there are pretty much none with anything approaching a profile...

That's exactly the problem, America are screaming for a heavyweight champ and the best they have come up with in recent years are

James Toney - fat middleweight
    Chris Arreola - Hugely overweight and British domestic level at best
    Eddie Chambers - Half decent but knows he is miles away from world level
    Shannon Briggs - was in one of the best fights I have ever seen against Lewis, too old now but can really punch
    Holyfied - should not be fighting, his speech is so slurred it's unreal and is far too old even though he is in decent shape

If Haye fought any of them, maybe it would raise his profile in the US but none of them should be allowed to top a bill in Vegas
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Southend wrote "Will be having a couple of quid on A Force myself, more than a punchers chance especially if Haye bulks up and doesnt knock him out in rounds 1-3 (big if)"

You're forgetting that until he landed a very very late punch on Sprott, Harrison was losing the fight. Sprott is very average and was well ahead on points. Haye will murder him.

Harrison is going to get hurt in this one, in defence of him in the Sprott fight he was obviously injured early on but Sprott is not at the top of the domestic tree, Tom Dallas, and Tyson Fury are ahead of him and only one of them has gone 10 rounds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Southend wrote "Will be having a couple of quid on A Force myself, more than a punchers chance especially if Haye bulks up and doesnt knock him out in rounds 1-3 (big if)"

Harrison is going to get hurt in this one, in defence of him in the Sprott fight he was obviously injured early on but Sprott is not at the top of the domestic tree, Tom Dallas, and Tyson Fury are ahead of him and only one of them has gone 10 rounds.

Carter - what are your thoughts on Derek Chisora, i've not seen him fight but he seems quite handy.
  • Options
    He's a prospect for sure, one of the best domestic heavyweights. He should beat Sam Sexton next week and he is more advanced than Dallas, Fury or Price by a distance.

He can punch and is vicious with it and knows how to win. Maybe a bit static but is does wiegh 17 stone!
  • Options
    I'd rather have seen Haye fight Chisora than that bum Harrison

As far as the whole Haye demanding 50% of what the robot brothers get in Germany yeah fair enough they are massive there but he did offer that they keep all the money from their tv and box office deals and he keeps the sky money but they didn't want this either despite the fact that even of their fights are eurosport for free over here no one watched them.

Whatever anyone thinks of Hayes ability he's way way more sellable to a worldwide box office audience then those two ever will be

Personally I think that the three of them need their heads banging together and to grow up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just watched these two on Daybreak... eyeballing each other across the sofas with Adrian Chiles and Beakey sitting in the middle.

Pantomine.
  • Options
    It is a pantomime ... they need to sell tickets :)
  • Options
    they have fell out ,and i think the building hatred is real,not benn v eubank mind.
  • Options
    Money talks as always, I'm sure this isn't a fight that Haye wants as there isn't much to gain from his point of view except a bit of dough and a few pats on the back for putting Harrison on his arse and out of boxing (fingers crossed)

Hopefully Haye v one of the Klitchkos in Germany will happen....that will be a cracking weekend and loads of English will make the effort.
  • Options
    I actually have more respect for WWE than top class heavy weight boxing. If Harrison were to smash Hay over the back of the head with a STEEL CHAIR while the ref was distracted by a sexy chick that Audley had commissioned, it'd actually be more entertaining than what is going to get served up. It's sad that fans fall for it and pay for tickets and ppv, for this utter nonsense. People go on about pampered footballers not earning their crust, but these two are degrading a noble sport.
  • Options
    Out of interest does anyone know why it's being held at the MEN arena? Both fighters are Londoners so surely it'd make more sense to hold it in the capital?
  • Options
    Can i be the first to predict some form of 'dust-up' at the weigh in / press conference in the lame attempt to try and flog this dead donkey....
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Out of interest does anyone know why it's being held at the MEN arena? Both fighters are Londoners so surely it'd make more sense to hold it in the capital?

The O2 already had an event on that night apparently and Haye sold out the MEN last time, so a natural 2nd choice he said.
  • Options
    lets hope the boyhood arsenal fan knocks out harrison
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I actually have more respect for WWE than top class heavy weight boxing. If Harrison were to smash Hay over the back of the head with a STEEL CHAIR while the ref was distracted by a sexy chick that Audley had commissioned, it'd actually be more entertaining than what is going to get served up.

You think any of those wrestlers would stand a chance in a boxing ring? Their actors, whereas Harrison is just a clown.