Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haye v Harrison - 13th November

13»

Comments

• Options
    Who cares about this nonsense, other than people that lap up sky's hype? A few years back this would have rated as an unremarkable British Heavyweight fight that would have struggled to get play on Sportsnight, suddenly now people are merrily flinging 15 quid at Sky, to watch a fight between a bloke who has claimed that he'll only fight the best (before breaking a contract to do this and hand picking the most spectacular let-down of a fighter that the nation's ever seen) and a man that has singularly failed to live up to one iota of the hype that's surrounded him. Basically because Sky's told them that this is GREAT. It'll probably get zero airplay away from these shores.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I actually have more respect for WWE than top class heavy weight boxing. If Harrison were to smash Hay over the back of the head with a STEEL CHAIR while the ref was distracted by a sexy chick that Audley had commissioned, it'd actually be more entertaining than what is going to get served up.

You think any of those wrestlers would stand a chance in a boxing ring? Their actors, whereas Harrison is just a clown.
    They would stand a chance yes, hence why Lesner was the UFC heavyweight champion despite getting the crap beaten out of back stage in a legit fight by another wrestler. With a few exceptions i respect wrestlers over most one fight a year boxers.
  • Options
    lol wrestling is not real mate,lesner was a college wrestler previous thats why he has done well in mma,put any mma fighter in a boxing ring he gets took out asap,Dana white is all happy at present that finished james toney got beat by there golden boy couture,forgets what old ray mercer done to tim sylvia of course.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I actually have more respect for WWE than top class heavy weight boxing. If Harrison were to smash Hay over the back of the head with a STEEL CHAIR while the ref was distracted by a sexy chick that Audley had commissioned, it'd actually be more entertaining than what is going to get served up.

You think any of those wrestlers would stand a chance in a boxing ring? Their actors, whereas Harrison is just a clown.
    They would stand a chance yes, hence why Lesner was the UFC heavyweight champion despite getting the crap beaten out of back stage in a legit fight by another wrestler. With a few exceptions i respect wrestlers over most one fight a year boxers.
    Do me a lemon mate. Just because they're big, doesn't mean they can box. That fucking great oaf would get beat up by even Fraudley if there were proper rules in place. If he really could box, don't you think he'd be a pro now and be getting paid 10 million a fight?
  • Options
    lol ,leroy youtube ray mercer v tim sylvia, ray was no puncher in the ring but its one hellava a ko
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Do me a lemon mate. Just because they're big, doesn't mean they can box. That fucking great oaf would get beat up by even Fraudley if there were proper rules in place. If he really could box, don't you think he'd be a pro now and be getting paid 10 million a fight?
    In a boxing match a boxer would win, it would be stupid to think otherwise. In a MMA fight a mix martial artist would beat a boxer. In an MMA fight an amature wrestler would do a boxer. The greatest v a pro wrestler Apologies for the tactics used by the wrestler, this is due to all of the rules Ali enforced making it somewhat of a farce, the wrestler still did him though.
  • Options
    The point I was trying to make was that the way boxing has gone is comparable. With its PPVs and pretend hostilities between no mark contestants to try and drum up a bit of interest in what's essentially a pile of shit. If you strip that all away and say a chubby lad that has never had a convincing pro performance is going to be hanging onto a bloated cruiser who puts more effort into dodging credible opponents than he does into his craft then even the most gullible no-nothing wouldn't part with 15p to watch it.
  • Options

Unfortunately boxing has strict rules on steroid abuse which would disqualify most wrestlers.

And any wrestler/boxer with athletic abilities is generally to be found playing American football where they earn more money and aren't likely to get the crap kicked out of them.
  • Options
    fod you are one funny dude,wresling is not real,ali is not in a real fight,great actors though and im amazed the jumps and falls they make,good entertaiment for children but aint york hall boxing nights.
  • Options
    Nolly, I get the impression that you think I reckon Hulk Hogan could have done Tyson, that's not what I mean! A lot (not all) of the smaller wrestlers are legit athletes/hard men who can stand there ground in a non rules fight. If they could box they would be doing that instead. The clip I put up was legit, if it wasn't Ali would have suffered injuries to his legs. It almost ended his career.
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Unfortunately boxing has strict rules on steroid abuse which would disqualify most wrestlers.

And any wrestler/boxer with athletic abilities is generally to be found playing American football where they earn more money and aren't likely to get the crap kicked out of them.
    Great trolling, you've insulted both sets of fans and also added American football for good measure!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Unfortunately boxing has strict rules on steroid abuse which would disqualify most wrestlers.

Great trolling, you've insulted both sets of fans and also added American football for good measure!
    Not at all - he's hit the nail squarely on the head. There isn't a single wrestler of note who isn't a failed american football player. I know heavyweight boxing is a joke and has been for years, but come on - don't try and defend wrestling. Fair enough, the MMA blokes are hard, but I've heard that line about wrestlers being just as hard even though it's all faked hundreds of times. Wrestling is entertainment, 100% - not even close to a sport. And they're not 'athletes' either - any more than darts players are.
  • Options

Not at all - he's hit the nail squarely on the head. There isn't a single wrestler of note who isn't a failed american football player. I know heavyweight boxing is a joke and has been for years, but come on - don't try and defend wrestling. Fair enough, the MMA blokes are hard, but I've heard that line about wrestlers being just as hard even though it's all faked hundreds of times. Wrestling is entertainment, 100% - not even close to a sport. And they're not 'athletes' either - any more than darts players are.
    You don't know enough about Wrestling for this to be anything other than a waste of time! I could name a few who have been in the Olympics if you want. A darts player once had to have a break because he was suffering from exhaustion!
  • Options
    You only have to look at when one of the most well known streetfighters (Kimbo slice) went into mma... fight had to be stopped cos he was gettin annihilated my some geezer about 6 stone lighter than him
  • Options
    Exactly, Kimbo Slice was a bare-knuckle boxer and get destroyed in an mma fight. In a bare-knuckle boxing match he would have won. I can't think of any boxers who have done well in MMA (Tank Abbott? Now that's an athlete!) whereas Tito Ortiz was an amateur wrestler.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Exactly, Kimbo Slice was a bare-knuckle boxer and get destroyed in an mma fight. In a bare-knuckle boxing match he would have won. I can't think of any boxers who have done well in MMA (Tank Abbott? Now that's an athlete!) whereas Tito Ortiz was an amateur wrestler.

Difference is MMA, UFC etc is real fighting, WWE/WWF wrestling is not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Exactly, Kimbo Slice was a bare-knuckle boxer and get destroyed in an mma fight. In a bare-knuckle boxing match he would have won. I can't think of any boxers who have done well in MMA (Tank Abbott? Now that's an athlete!) whereas Tito Ortiz was an amateur wrestler.

Difference is MMA, UFC etc is real fighting, WWE/WWF wrestling is not.
    What's that got to do with Kimbo Slice?
  • Options
    The original point was that a WWE wrestler, would not stand a chance as it's not real and completely scripted, so I really don't see what Kimbo Slice has to do with anything, as far as I'm aware he's never had any involvement with WWE/WWF.

REAL wrestling is completely different, although most wrestlers would get destroyed in a boxing ring, as would most boxers inside the octagon.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    no boxer worth his salt or still competing has been in mma,on the reverse side andre arloski went over to boxing tipped for great things and still has not fought,oh and the greatest ever mma fighter silva got koed on his boxing debut by a numpty,put a boxer in mma he will usually lose put a mma fighter in a ring he always loses. and lets not talk about bleeding wwf wrestling its acting and harmless fun for children.
  • Options
    I love how WWE is always tarnished with the "it's fake so not a real sport" argument. They're still athletes, you only have to see the amount and extent of injuries they get to prove that.

Yes it's not a competitive sport but they are still athletes. Lesnar has done well in UFC (though he was an amateur wrestler in his college days which helps with the takedowns etc.) but that was after months of training for it. They are two different disciplines, it's like trying to get a footballer to play rugby straight off without training; it's still two teams running on grass with a ball but completely different sports.
  • Options
    Bringing it back to Harrison vs Haye, I would like to see Harrison lay out Haye just to prove a point, but I don't think it will happen unfortunately, he's too slow and Haye will just constantly be on the look out for that straight left
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nolly - about Haye being an Arsenal fan...how do you know that?

I'm sure I read somewhere years ago that he supported Arsenal but I'm the only one who seems to have ever read it!

Bit odd though considering he subsequently claimed he went to The Den regularly as a kid. I suppose he may have done but his proper team were Arsenal.
  • Options
    The millwall thing only started when he fought Enzo Maccarenelli.