Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LLOYD SAM

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
This guy can really cut the mustard in the championship. 4 games in and impressed in all 4. I heard a little rumour that he goes missing in the winter months!! I remember him being a thorn in Leeds's side last season though.
Proper winger and puts in great crosses. Definately too good for league one.
Like I say, hope he doesn't go missing when the gloves start to come on.

Wikipedia stats say 118app and 6 goals for Charlton. Is that right? He has scored 2 in 3 games for Leeds already!!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2010
    But you don't have Parkinson as your manager!
  • Options
    Yes he's good, if a little frustrating. Just got to ask though, how has he impressed in all 4 games but has 2 goals in 3 games?

Confused from SE London.
  • Options
    Overall performance in all 4 games I mean although I forgot about the pen he conceded first game. He got man of the match against Forest. Touch wood he has done well. Oddschecker have put him down as top scorer over Becchio,McCormack and Somma though which I find strange.!!
  • Options
    So he has 2 in 4?
  • Options
    Spainboy there are numerous threads on here about the pros & cons of Sam. Some of us aren't surprised to see him doing well and were disappointed he went. Others have never liked him and choose to dwell on his limitations, which can be frustrating. He'll make his share of poor decisions and will tire at times but personally I'd put that down to work-rate rather than being lazy. One thing is true though - he's nevr been a goal-scorer!
  • Options
    strange thing to post,make it simple for you at charlton he done jack,what leeds get out of him does not concern us does it.
  • Options
    Spainboy - lets see if you are still singing his praises come February, one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen in a red shirt.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]Overall performance in all 4 games I mean although I forgot about the pen he conceded first game. He got man of the match against Forest. Touch wood he has done well. Oddschecker have put him down as top scorer over Becchio,McCormack and Somma though which I find strange.!!

Sorry quoted wrong post and can't seem to change, I meant the one where it was asked how he could have impressed in 4 games f he'd only scored in 2.

Probably because he's not a striker.
  • Options
    As I predicted on the thread when he left - fully expect Sam to do an Ambrose this season (more in assists than goals).

Quality, if sometimes lazy player, but bottom prem/top championship level player if he wants to be.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]But you don't have Parkinson as your manager![/quote]

Did not perform unde rany of the others but hey lets blame Parky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just to help out, I think "done jack" probably means "was the only ball-carrying outlet for much of last season and led our assists chart but often tired and didn't always please everyone"!
  • Options
    Was disappointed to see Sam go, some fans here didn't like him but he's no more frustrating than Reid who is a fans favourite imo.
  • Options
    he is shite fact
  • Options
    miss that smile like a fat kid loves cake
  • Options
    A lot of people slagged off Sam .......perhaps because they were expecting him to be world class.
  • Options
    i think we all were at one time mate.................
  • Options
    I wouldnt agree with nth london addick and say Lloyd Sam it shite!What i would say is though, he is what you could say a "fair weather" player!Last season he was one of our best players for the first 10 games. As Eltham Addick has already mentioned, come back in February and lets see if your still singing his praises then......because I among many others on here will bet you your bottom dollar that your not!
  • Options
    I was a big fan of Lloyd Sam.

I hope he does as well at Leeds as he did at Charlton.

Which will mean 4 goals in his next 114 games.
  • Options
    so ... he gets 12 assists and scores a few an all ... and hes Shite is he....

He's better than anything weve got now, thats for sure..

this place is getting worse...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]strange thing to post,make it simple for you at charlton he done jack,what leeds get out of him does not concern us does it.

Who of our current team do you think can get us the assists/goals did last season? As a team, we've gone backwards from last year, losing sam contributed to that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mascot don't take any notice mate, anyone who calls him shite on here is just extremely bitter!!
  • Options
    Spot on, Stu.

This season there seems to be nobody in the team playing the role that Sam did last season.

Nobody as an outlet from defence.
    Nobody to put his foot on the ball and pick a penetrating pass on the floor.
    Nobody to take on a defender in a packed defence and still keep posession.
    Nobody to take the ball to the line and pick out a short pass in the box.
    Nobody to cross on the run either.

Don't get me wrong, we've got some good wide men in the squad. But they all seem to require a lot of space ahead of them and play best as speedy raiding wingers who like to take a shot at goal themselves.

But they are not holding possession and bringing team mates into the game like Sam did.
    And there is not the service to the strikers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]so ... he gets 12 assists and scores a few an all ... and hes Shite is he....

too easy on here at times thats 1 fishy in my net
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam last season

First 10-15 games
    Brilliant, scroed goals, set goals up - clearly playing with confidence and also playing for a contract

Rest of Season
    Good but no where near the level he set himself at the start of the season - maybe because he realised that an injury could mean no contract (whatsoever) the following season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]so ... he gets 12 assists and scores a few an all ... and hes Shite is he....

too easy on here at times thats 1 fishy in my net

lol.... what fun you must have ......
  • Options
    I do where young Sam is involoved i cant believe how many people loved him
  • Options
    Lots of people on this site can't understand why he didn't rain in crosses to our lone 5'9" striker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I do where young Sam is involoved i cant believe how many people loved him

I can't believe how many people he's cost a score!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I do where young Sam is involoved i cant believe how many people loved him

I can't believe how many people he's cost a score!!!

not yet mate not yet
  • Options
    Spainboy - didn't spend an afternoon with you in the pool at the Oceana did I ?

I stick to my belief. Sam is useless. He will of course start off good, that seems to always be the case with this type of player.
    He will get a couple of kicks, miss a couple of chances, get subbed a few times, the head will go down and the pink boots will
    start to look RIDICULOUS.

He is an average player, with average ability. I MAKE THIS PLEDGE - if he is still doing it consistently come Easter I will donate
    £100 to a charity of your choice in Leeds. I will never forget him pulling out of a tackle against Swindon in the play off semi. From that moment on
    he didn't exist for me.