Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LLOYD SAM

13»

Comments

• Options
    I just cant get over the poor goal/app stats for you. Yes he has scored 2 in 3 games for us but also he looks like he is gonna score and I would say he has had 5 or 6 shots on target besides the goals he has scored. The poor stats or 6 in 118 for Charlton clearly don't add up because he could quite easily get a total of 5 or 6 for us before xmas the way he has been going. Maybe Grayson is using him to his potential,maybe it's just a fresh challenge he needed.
    I also don't understand why you say he drops off after the first few games of the season because our penutimate game of the season against you lot he played very well and gave Leeds all sorts of problems.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]I also don't understand why you say he drops off after the first few games of the season because our penutimate game of the season against you lot he played very well and gave Leeds all sorts of problems.

Which is why you signed him, of course.
  • Options
    Sam has his negative points - mainly that his end product isn't good, particularly when he has time to think but his time in the side was hampered by the same problem that has hampered the whole Charlton side in recent years - no decent footballers / playmakers in the midfield. Wingers are as reliant on service from the central midfield as strikers are. He definitely has ability.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]I just cant get over the poor goal/app stats for you. Yes he has scored 2 in 3 games for us but also he looks like he is gonna score and I would say he has had 5 or 6 shots on target besides the goals he has scored. The poor stats or 6 in 118 for Charlton clearly don't add up because he could quite easily get a total of 5 or 6 for us before xmas the way he has been going. Maybe Grayson is using him to his potential,maybe it's just a fresh challenge he needed.
    I also don't understand why you say he drops off after the first few games of the season because our penutimate game of the season against you lot he played very well and gave Leeds all sorts of problems.

winter had come and gone, it was nice and warm then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite]I just cant get over the poor goal/app stats for you. Yes he has scored 2 in 3 games for us but also he looks like he is gonna score and I would say he has had 5 or 6 shots on target besides the goals he has scored. The poor stats or 6 in 118 for Charlton clearly don't add up because he could quite easily get a total of 5 or 6 for us before xmas the way he has been going. Maybe Grayson is using him to his potential,maybe it's just a fresh challenge he needed.

There is a section of our support for whom he can do no right. Another of our players who had a spell with you, Radostin Kishishev, was similarly maligned.

Lloyd is a confidence player and the Charlton teams he played in struggled so the vibes from the crowd and elsewhere were negative. I have to say that he had chances to score, often created himself, whilst with us but missed them. My view was that his poor finishing was probably why he was still with us rather than higher up the ladder once we were relegated to division 3. The fact that his last contract was signed while we were still in the prem may also have been a factor!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The fact that his last contract was signed while we were still in the prem may also have been a factor!

i can only think of parky left who may still be on premiership money , cos we fended off huddersfield at one stage for him
  • Options
    I know one good reason why Sam is scoring for Leeds. He is getting more involved in the middle of the park. At Charlton he hugged the touchline more.
  • Options
    bla bla bla
    A SECTION OF THE CROWD DONT LIKE HE BECAUSE HE IS A BOTTLER. CONFIDENCE PLAYER? ON HIS MONEY???????? JESUS CHRIST, HE WAS IN DIVISON 1, A SENIOR PRO WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN EXAMPLE, NOT PULLING OUT OF TACKLES.
    ANYWAY - I NEVER SLAGGED HIM OFF AT A GAME. AS A CHARLTON PLAYER OR MANAGER THEY GET MY SUPPORT. ONCE GONE, THEN I CAN SAY AS I SEE.

In caps because all facts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Has he left,is he still our player, do we still care?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The fact that his last contract was signed while we were still in the prem may also have been a factor!

i can only think of parky left who may still be on premiership money , cos we fended off huddersfield at one stage for him

Youga?

If the response is that there was a new contract at some point in between, the same is probably true of Parky (he signed an extension last season, for starters). And he wasn't manager when we were in the Premiership.

I liked Sam, but I really don't care much about Leeds United players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Has he left,is he still our player, do we still care?

Yawn.
    Love you Lloydie x
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Has he left,is he still our player, do we still care?

Yawn.
    Love you Lloydie x

but he dont love you no more sam

he is courting with another i am afraid

let it go love

if you love him set him free and if he returns to you then and only then is he truely yours
  • Options
    Sam was rubbish.
    Ambrose was rubbish.
    Lisbie was crap.
    Diawarra was a donkey.
    McCarthy was a donkey as well.
    Andy Reid is no great loss
    Varney was hopeless.
    Bothroyd was a waste of space.
    Bougherra was over rated.
    None of them will do anything with their careers now that they have left Charlton!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Sam was rubbish.
    Ambrose was rubbish.
    Lisbie was crap.
    Diawarra was a donkey.
    Varney was hopeless.
    None of them will do anything with their careers now that they have left Charlton!

I agree

Ambrose was rubbish. (Palarse top scorer from midfield, in Championship)
    Lisbie was crap. (Millwall, Championship, utter tosh though)
    Diawarra was a donkey (Marsielle, France Champions, CL)
    McCarthy was a donkey as well (Is still a donkey, albeit in the Championship with Palarse)
    Andy Reid is no great loss (Sunderland, PL)
    Varney was hopeless (Blackpool, PL, Scored on Debut)
    Bothroyd was a waste of space (Cardiff Captain, 6 goals in 6)
    Bougherra (Rangers, Scottish Champions, World Cup, CL)

Add to that list
    Rommedahl (Olympiakos, CL, World Cup, Scored a goal in WC)
    Traore (Utter Pants, somehow managing to play for AS Monaco)
    Faye (Now Lloyd's teammate at Leeds, still above us though)
  • Options
    The Lloyd haters here have obviously got to the media, look at the last paragraph of Saturdays match report http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/notts_beaten_by_a_footballing_clich_557750/index.shtml
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    Elliot was forced to save from Kevin Smith at the far post before the game's pivotal moment came, Lloyd Sam miscontrolling the ball and letting in Hughes, who fed Davies before he was hacked down by Matt Fry. Even the referee had noticed this one, with Hughes taking responsibility. As we all know, he isn't the best at penalties and it came as no great surprise when a tame kick down the middle clipped the toe of Elliot and somehow spun over the bar rather than on. The inevitability of what happened next was even worse. Minutes later, Charlton broke and launched a rare attack, some neat play eventually releasing Joe Anyinsah who fired it in to give the Addicks such an undeserved win that the words 'you make your own luck' no longer mean a thing to me. Substitute Ben Burgess should've equalised with the last kick (well, head) of the game, but Elliot was once again there to deny Notts who really were left to rue missed chance after chance.

Facebook

Are you a social butterfly? Join Footymad on Facebook now
    Footymad on Twitter

Follow Footymad on Twitter for the latest, breaking football news and views.

no wonder we were so poor saturday who let him back in the team
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Sam was rubbish.
    Ambrose was rubbish.
    Lisbie was crap.
    Diawarra was a donkey.
    Varney was hopeless.

I agree

Ambrose was rubbish. (Palarse top scorer from midfield, in Championship)
    Lisbie was crap. (Millwall, Championship, utter tosh though)
    Diawarra was a donkey (Marsielle, France Champions, CL)
    McCarthy was a donkey as well (Is still a donkey, albeit in the Championship with Palarse)
    Andy Reid is no great loss (Sunderland, PL)
    Varney was hopeless (Blackpool, PL, Scored on Debut)
    Bothroyd was a waste of space (Cardiff Captain, 6 goals in 6)
    Bougherra (Rangers, Scottish Champions, World Cup, CL)

Add to that list
    Rommedahl (Olympiakos, CL, World Cup, Scored a goal in WC)
    Traore (Utter Pants, somehow managing to play for AS Monaco)
    Faye (Now Lloyd's teammate at Leeds, still above us though)

And don't forget Chris Iwelumo - hat trick on Saturday...
  • Options
    so basically leave charlton and you'll get a chance to be decent or stay with us and our magical coaching will turn you in to the ponyest footballer possible ..... grrrrrrrrrrrrreat
  • Options
    Lets see how well he's doing at Christmas. He was our best player at the start of last season. Let's not count Wagstaff out either, although technically not as good a player as Sam he was very impressive at Leyton Orient and showed a lot more fight than Sam ever showed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oops - looked like Lloyd was on the bench Saturday - it's started already !!!

Sam lloyd - nice to see you have a new shirt, why have you moved along the row?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: masicat[/cite]Oops - looked like Lloyd was on the bench Saturday - it's started already !!!

Sam lloyd - nice to see you have a new shirt, why have you moved along the row?

Thanks masicat, I've moved along because of the moron who sits in front of me & the seat I have now is great, although saying that I do miss everyone else who sat around me (including your good self)
  • Options
    Actually, I sat in front of you !!