Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Notts County - Preview, Poll, Teams, News and Views

WSSWSS
edited September 2010 in General Charlton
Charlton’s second league defeat on the trot against Exeter last week resulted in a wave of doom-mongering balanced out with a spray of “it’s only five games into the season” but where are we currently? What needs to change? The team? The tactics? The formation? (Stop saying the manager you at the back)

Regardless of what “it” is there is no doubt we need to get back to winning ways in the game against Nottingham County, we’re at home against a promoted team and need dictate the tempo of the game. But as our friends down on the South Coast found out last week – it doesn’t always work out that way does it?

It is a massive blow to have our captain and Mr Reliable out for at least a month with eyesocketitis and some feel it’s even more of a blow that Big Mig will most likely start there in his place. It worries me as well. On Saturday I can see Jackson coming back in at left back, Simon Francis continuing to try and convince many of The Valley faithful that he is in fact good enough with a Llera/Docherty centre back partnership. Of course Fortune may make a surprise comeback…

It has, and continues to be impossible to predict the midfield and strikers at the moment, Wagstaff was dropped at St James Park last weekend but may make a return but at the expense of who - Martin? It is generally felt that McCormack and Semedo play a too similar game but will Parky have the balls to drop one of his summer buys to play Racon who “has the creativity but doesn’t show it”? Reid, barring injuries, is a shoe in for the left wing.

It is fair to say that Abbott has not set the world alight just yet although his goalscoring record and first half performance against Shrewsbury in the league cup shows he knows where the goal is. I think he’ll start up top again with a home league debut from Benson. After his blow to his head, Akpo could be ruled out of contention but Parkinson does have options up top with Anyinsah playing upfront, and scoring for the reserves against Palace during midweek.

This week fans want, and need to see a Charlton team that creates a few chances throughout the game, gets the ‘keeper to work a bit and ultimately wins. Notts County are going to be a threat and Lee Hughes is bound to score but I think we will do it. Just. 2-1.

Comments

• Options
    2-1 to us i fancy as well

abbott and benson/reid to notch ....1 point from the last 9 is a bit scary , rochdale above us in the table ...oh the shame of it ...
  • Options
    Henry Jnr will be mascot so they had better win
  • Options
    not that it will happen,but if we were to lose at home and make it 3 straight league defeats so early in the season,should parky be concerned for his job or still need time for the team to gel?

he really won't want to lose this and will focus on tightening up our defence and going on the lack of creativity in last few games,this has 0-0 all over it.

so i'm going for a 3-0 home win,what was i worried about?
  • Options
    to lose 3 in a row would really give me the jitters. a must win game?

Charlton win, I'll take a 1-0 with a huge deflection at the moment
  • Options
    really hoping for a win, but have nagging doubts that this will be a 2-2 draw, Benson and Reid for us
  • Options
    County are buzzing at the moment, so I'm worried about this one.

If we start playing the ball on the floor instead of endless long punts, we stand a much better chance of winning. But I doubt that we'll do that.

I'll go for 1-1, with Martin scoring for us.
  • Options
    Don't miss a home game for six years then this will be the third I have missed on the spin. Deffo think we will win by the odd goal in three though.
  • Options
    Ill go for a 1-3 win to Notts with Lee Hughes to get 2 and Ben Davies with a free kick.
  • Options
    -----------------------------Stuart Nelson

John Thompson - Graeme Lee - Krystian Pearce - Jon Harley

Craig Westcarr - Neal Bishop - Ricky Ravenhill - Ben Davies

---------------Lee Hughes ---------Kevin Smith------------------
  • Options
    Young Addicks pick, Henry ? Hope he enjoys the experience.

I didn't renew the 3 grandkids this timefor various reasons including free T shirts being far too large, them being too young for the Q & A's and Airman stating ( in so many words) that the scheme is not really aimed at their age group....now 2-6 yr olds.

Pity as no 1 grandson & grand daughter enjoyed the Xmas party.

Guess we'll have to pay full whack if the eldest pleasds to appear on the hallowed turf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I see is 3-2 notts
  • Options
    Back to winning ways for us - 2-0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]All I see is 3-2 notts

So your the one who voted to lose then? I'm going for a 2-2 draw
  • Options
    a 1-2 boofest
  • Options
    OS says Reid may be a doubt after coming off injured last week.
  • Options
    A 3-1 win. Fortune in and (please) no Llera. Stick with Martin on the right, Reid on the left. Abbott and Benson up front. Bring back Solly (if fit).
  • Options
    sorry, but who the hell are Nottingham County ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]sorry, but who the hell are Nottingham County ??

Is it not Nottinghamshire County FC. Nottingham is a city in Nottinghamshire County.
  • Options
    Fry at left back and Jacko alongside Semedo in the midfield. It's a squad game so pick horses for courses. Jacko could offer that little bit of creativity we've been lacking and perhaps our strikers will actually receive some sort of service.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Henry Jnr will be mascot so they had better win

Good luck to the lad. The last time one of my mates was a mascot at the Valley (vs Fulham at least 5 years ago) he went into the wrong dressing room and saw rather too much of Papa Bouba Diop's private parts. Not a pleasant experience for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I would pick:

[align=center][/align]Elliott
    [align=center][/align] Francis Doherty Fortune Jackson
    [align=center][/align] Martin Semedo McCormack Reid
    [align=center][/align] Benson Abbott

Worner, Llera, Fry, Racon, Wagstaff, Anyinsah & Sodje.

2-1 us, with some passing on the ground, please.
  • Options
    County may well be buzzing but looking at their results they got trounced by Huddersfield and Oldham, their 2 wins came against Dagenham and Yeovil who are possibly the 2 worst sides in this division and on both their 2 previous away games they conceded 3 goals. Get an early goal and this one is ours for the taking.

3-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    Memorys of the game back in 1993 at the valley 5 v 1 would be nice.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Henry Jnr will be mascot so they had better win[/quote] Good luck to him, if he hanngs around after the kick about he could play
  • Options
    If Reid is unfit then this would be my side , if not switch Martin and drop Waggy to the Bench in place of Llera

Elliott

Francis Doherty Fry Jackson

Wagstaff Semedo Racon Martin

Abbott Benson

Subs Worner , Solly ( if fit ) , Fortune , Llera ,Mccormack , Sodje ,Anyinsah
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Charlton 0- Notts C 0
    I am saying a draw here because i would be really happy with a draw. Our team is strong on paper but we cant play well together on the pitch. A few decent results could really get the mojo goin for our bhoys!

Elliot, Solly, Fortune, Dock, Jackson, Waggy, Semedo, Racon, Reid, Martin, A Sodje
  • Options
    1-0 us to get back to winning ways, cant see it being a classic, but would take a 1-0 the way weve been playing reasonly
  • Options
    I don't fancy us in this one. We won't score early and the crowd will make it a bad atmosphere to play in. They might nick a goal second half and we will never recover from the pressure.

1-0 Notts County
  • Options
    2-2 i think but hoping for a win!!

elliott
    francis
    jackson
    semedo
    doc
    fry
    wagstaff
    racon
    martin