Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lemon Puffs

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Chat at work about bicies and cakes etc i asked if anyone remembered lemon puffs? after much peeryment and suggestions that there was no such thing it has been discovered that you can get them on line , not only this but there is a "lemon puff chat site" ------- althoughi have yet to log on this at work !!

What other food stuffs of yester year do you remember but havent seen about for ages?

How about cider lollies ???

Comments

• Options
    TRIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo
  • Options
    Hedgehog crisps, and the ones with the little bags to add your own salt.
  • Options
    I'm sure Whippy Dave, the kids favourite ice cream man, still sells cider lollies.

On the lemon theme, there used to be a choc ice style ice cream but instead of chocolate it had a yellow lemony outside - my mother loved them. Cant remember what they were called, and they were short-lived anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Hedgehog crisps, and the ones with the little bags to add your own salt.
    Salt N Shake!
  • Options
    What was the ice cream in the little plastic thing with a rank chewingum ball at the bottom? Was it a popeye or a screwball or somthing like that?
  • Options
    crisps with little bags of salt in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]crisps with little bags of salt in.
    Salt N Shake I tell you! ;-)
  • Options
    Texan bars the mighty big chew

it was fooking ridiculous to get rid of such a fine bar of chewy joy
  • Options
    i vagley remember a packet of crisps that had a little blue rectangle of salt in them couldnt tell you whart they were called though
  • Options
    A Mr Whippy ice cream with a lemon ice lolly upside down in it - A popeye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jubblies.
  • Options
    I saw lemon puffs in the poundshop yesterday. I never knew they were gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Texan bars the mighty big chew

it was fooking ridiculous to get rid of such a fine bar of chewy joy

Texan... A man's gotta chew what a man's gotta chew!

What about, urgh, a wagon wheel! It was like eating a pillow-sized marshmellow, sickly or what. My Dad loved em though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Chat at work about bicies and cakes etc i asked if anyone remembered lemon puffs? after much peeryment and suggestions that there was no such thing it has been discovered that you can get them on line , not only this but there is a "lemon puff chat site"
    althoughi have yet to log on this at work !!

What other food stuffs of yester year do you remember but havent seen about for ages?

How about cider lollies ???

Had a cider lolly from the van next to the cutty sark a few weeks back - it was top draw and transported me back 30 years.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]What was the ice cream in the little plastic thing with a rank chewingum ball at the bottom? Was it a popeye or a screwball or somthing like that?[/quote]

Screwball....you can get a pack of them in Tescos!! My oldest loves 'em!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i vagley remember a packet of crisps that had a little blue rectangle of salt in them couldnt tell you whart they were called though

Yeah, I remember them.

"Shake the salt" or something they were called.
  • Options
    Pacers....green and white chewy sweets
  • Options
    that sounds like it
  • Options
    got a good book out of the library by Phillip Glennister (Life on Mars) that i'm reading at the moment - it's much better than i thought it would be - all about comparing things from the 70's / 80's to now. Space dust anyone? What about the round things you used to get 3 in a packet and they were hard to start with and ended up as chewing gum - not as hot as red devils, gobstopperish - there was a big craze on them in the early 80's.
  • Options
    Slightly different but my mum used to give us Halva as a treat.

if you've never had it and have a sweet tooth you will love it. Sort of a Seseame and nut paste. Any way I found some in a Polish deli (my mum is half Polish) and then in Tesco's.

like being 7 again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jaw breakers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i vagley remember a packet of crisps that had a little blue rectangle of salt in them couldnt tell you whart they were called though

Yeah, I remember them.

"Shake the salt" or something they were called.

Smiths
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]What about the round things you used to get 3 in a packet and they were hard to start with and ended up as chewing gum

I remember something that came in packets of three but I think you've got the bit about chewing gum and being hard at the start the wrong way around.
  • Options
    The 99 Flake...

Named so because it cost......99p not the £2.00 i have seen em for in Londinium
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]What about the round things you used to get 3 in a packet and they were hard to start with and ended up as chewing gum

I remember something that came in packets of three but I think you've got the bit about chewing gum and being hard at the start the wrong way around.
    LMAO
  • Options

I was only 10. They were gone soon after i left the shop - shame i couldn't say the same about the packs of 3 i bought later in the decade.
  • Options
    You used to get licorice wrap round an all sort in packs of three?
  • Options
    Used be over the moon when mum or dad would let us have either a 10 or 20p mix up. Would have a bag full of white mice, flying saucers, teeth. Nearly die when I see the price of pick and mix in the cinema.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]

I was only 10. They were gone soon after i left the shop - shame i couldn't say the same about the packs of 3 i bought later in the decade.
    Dan's right, I remember them. It was like a gob stopper with a bubble gum centre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]The 99 Flake...

Named so because it cost......99p not the £2.00 i have seen em for in Londinium

Where did you hear that Dazzo?

Used to have 99 Flakes when I was kid back in the, ahem ......1960s.

Ice cream cornet was 6d...... or 9d with a 99 Flake.
    That's 2 and a half p, or just under 4p with the 99 Flake.

And yes, they were called 99s back then, right Len?

Jubblies (cherry flavour) were 4d (less than 2p in today's money).
    Cider lollies too, which us littl'uns called "beer lollies".

And Lyons Maid "Zoom" and Walls "Sky Ray" lollies, with free 'cigarette' cards to collect.