Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forget Rooney and the Koran burners, the big news of the week....

is that Pukka Pies have developed new microwaveable range of pies allowing football fans another way to enjoy Pukka Pies at home.

The pies, which can be microwaved from frozen in just three-and-a-half minutes, are the results of an extensive development programme by Pukka Pies.

The range initially includes all steak and chicken and is now available from selected major retailers. A new short crust pastry recipe has been specially developed by Pukka Pies' research team for the microwave.

Coupled with innovative new packaging which includes a laminated card to ensure that the pastry has a light crumbly eating quality, this ensures a truly delicious pie is created every time. Pukka Pies have ensured that the steak and chicken fillings remain consistent and loyal to the traditional qualities expected by customers.

Tim Storer, Managing Director of Pukka Pies, said: "Creating a microwaveable pie such as this has been something of a holy grail for the industry.

"We have been truly delighted with the highly successful results we have received in extensive consumer research about the pies' texture, taste and quality. The microwaveable pie, called the 3½ Minute Pie, can be microwaved in 3½ minutes from frozen.

"We believe that the new pies offer the ultimate in high quality, speedy convenience food and represent excellent value for money when compared to other microwaveable meals."

The pies are currently available from the frozen aisle at 600 Tesco outlets and a further 200 Asda outlets from September.

Comments

• Amazing!!!!
  • How did they come up with the name?
  • "Creating a microwaveable pie such as this has been something of a holy grail for the industry."

I am loving this quote ! You know full well this bloke's life is 1005 focussed on pies. I'm picturing a Tosh Lines lookalike

lines4.jpg
  • And I've just used up all my Tesco vouchers!
  • I take it back, Mr Storer it appears is the Simon Jordan of the pie of industry !

SD3333972-450x300.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The microwaveable pie, called the 3½ Minute Pie, can be microwaved in 3½ minutes from frozen.
    That's lucky!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The microwaveable pie, called the 3½ Minute Pie, can be microwaved in 3½ minutes from frozen.
    That's lucky!

That's Marketing people for you. They insisted it was called the 3 1/2 minute pie and then the boffins had to take another 9 months to get the cooking time down from 4 minutes.
  • edited September 2010
    who is the other fella in the picture with the pie man, is he a snooker player
  • edited September 2010
    Forgive my stupidity here but i'd always assumed that they were microwaved from frozen anyway. I can't imagine the bloke in the chippy or whichever simpleton is serving down at the Valley had hand made them personally. Surely they just get a frozen batch in and heat them up?
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah he is, I recognise him.....might be Mark Selby ?
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Forgive my stupidity here but i'd always assumed that they were microwaved from frozen anyway. I can't imagine the bloke in the chippy or whichever simpleton is serving down at the Valley had hand made them personally. Surely they just get a frozen batch in and heat them up?

of course, but has "the pastry a light crumbly eating quality, ensuring a truly delicious pie is created every time." Ask yourself that very question.

I personally think this could be bigger than the internet.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Forgive my stupidity here but i'd always assumed that they were microwaved from frozen anyway. I can't imagine the bloke in the chippy or whichever simpleton is serving down at the Valley had hand made them personally. Surely they just get a frozen batch in and heat them up?

of course, but has "the pastry a light crumbly eating quality, ensuring a truly delicious pie is created every time." Ask yourself that very question.

Ha ha well down at the Valley most definitely not, i'd be lucky if it was even warmed up properly!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    SD3333972-450x300.jpg

is no one slightly unnerved by the fact the pie is the same size as his head ??

I want that pie...
  • Nope not unnerved Hungry though!
  • Saw them down Tesco's this week, think they come in packs of Three.

They are the best Pies available FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]who is the other fella in the picture with the pie man, is he a snooker player

thats got me in stitches......
  • Peters pies......pis% all over pukka
  • i like the angle simle simon pie man jordans eyebrow is making , very expressive about the whole new concept of this new phenomenon in the pie world
  • Can someone stick a few in the post & then send them over here to Canada? Don't worry about the temperature in a few weeks time it will be colder here than your deep freeze, so they won't go off enroute!

I miss pies.
  • Sponsored links:

• When they bring out the balti microwave pie I will be happy.
  • Broken Britain
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram

is no one slightly unnerved by the fact the pie is the same size as his head ??

I want that pie...
    Is it not that his head is as small as a pie?
  • Now I'm single again I'm really only interested in chasing the hairy pie...

Sorry...
  • There's only one problem....

I ate em all... and have t-shirt to prove it!
  • Best news of the year ;)
  • do they by any chance come with a free microwave ?
  • how is this new - back in 2007 I used to buy microwave pies when I was working in Singapore.
    I think they were from an Australian company.

Microwave them and still have a crunchy crumbly crust. mmmmm
  • AFKA your love for pies might be whats keeping you back from the gym ;-)