Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forget Rooney and the Koran burners, the big news of the week....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]how is this new - back in 2007 I used to buy microwave pies when I was working in Singapore.
    I think they were from an Australian company.

Microwave them and still have a crunchy crumbly crust. mmmmm

But they weren't pukka!
  • Options
    When I was driving around oz we lived on mrs mac's pies, every petrol station would have them, good tukka I tells ya.
  • Options
    I have never ever had a pie of any kind ever in my life
  • Options
    Oh happy day!
  • Options
    When jesus walked....
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "When Jesus walked"

Jesus! it's WASHED. ; - )

But as the chart topping Lady Irving has just told me as she sings it her Choir you can't have too many "sh" sounds when singing so it is sung "Wah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAYoi1EizRc&feature=related
  • Options
    When Jesus washed my bins today.
  • Options
    Is it henners? I always thought it was when jesus walked. Like that song too.
  • Options
    Irving in choir boy shocker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Irving in choir boy shocker.

Your just jealous cos my Mrs has had a chart topping record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which one of the weather girls was she again henners? ;-)
  • Options
    Adam, you've got a death wish haven't you? Don't forget Mrs Henners is a nurse, so knows a great deal about pain, and has access to syringes, emetics, laxatives and all sorts of other drugs with unpleasant side effects. Diss Henry for his knitwear fetish if you wish, but imply his Mrs is fat at your peril.
  • Options
    The Parable of the pie.......

Way back in the mists of time, well the early 70s.... the chippie in Charlton Village used to have pies that were 'baked' on a revolving shelf system.

I think there was only 1 type of pie: steak and kidney, but they were very tasty!. People used to que on a friday night for about half an hour for this stuff..... ( god forbid the owner should get 2 machines!)
    and I hate to think of the muck that was in these, but I am still alive to report the tale. My wifes aunt used to work in the Telfers pie factory in Fulham and she would not eat them , so being the sophisticated moron that I was I rejected this type of food.

Years later, I was introduced to Porters pies in Covent Garden while working on a food magazine, and the wonderful world of pies opened up again. The much maligned pie, my favourite being a home baked, rabbit pie is a truly great culinary experience, and one of the few dishes that is both traditional and humble yet delicious.

Funny how after all these years, I still crave these pies......

*This is a fable because it contains and i quote 'A fable is a short, pithy animal tale, most often told or written with a moral tagged on in the form of a proverb'

Which probably was in the pie's..... 'a short pithy animal'
  • Options
    I was the Marketing Manager for Fray Bentos pies and the microwavable crispy pastry certainly was the holy grail .. we never achieved it!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Adam, you've got a death wish haven't you? Don't forget Mrs Henners is a nurse, so knows a great deal about pain, and has access to syringes, emetics, laxatives and all sorts of other drugs with unpleasant side effects. Diss Henry for his knitwear fetish if you wish, but imply his Mrs is fat at your peril.

Too late.

You've seen "Misery" Adam?

Ok, if you haven't, because then it will all be new to you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I was the Marketing Manager for Juventus!

Old football jokes are the best
  • Options
    I've seen misery henners, when she 'cobbles' him... ouch... I'll buy you a pint tomorrow to save my ankles if that's ok.
  • Options
    This is certainly one clique i'm glad i'm not part of. Right i'm off for a Kebab