Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How far do you travel to work?

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
For me, it's a depressing 61.7 miles, each way, mostly on the M25. And extra-depressing on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon, when the traffic doubles or trebles the journey time.

How far do you have to travel?

Comments

• Options
    About 200 miles a day sometimes more.
  • Options
    It takes me 15 mins each way, Vigo to Swanley, M20 for a few miles. This time last year I was riding my motorbike from Vigo to The Home Office nr Victoria. The winters were delightful!!!!
  • Options
    Swanley to Welling can take me between 20 mins and an hour depending on the traffic and the time of year.
  • Options
    commute from Sidcup to central london - 15 miles?
  • Options
    Northumberland heath to the glory that is charlton se7, all the way on the 89 rock n roll.
  • Options
    10 minutes at the mo, used to be anything from 25mins- hour which was 13 miles be near that again soon, i suppose mines about 2 miles or so i dont actually know lol
  • Options
    Two routes possible - one is 22 miles along the River Severn and a couple of small towns - idyllic. On the motorbike 32 mins

The other route is 15 miles - dual carriageway an commuters. No competition!

First time in 20 years I have had a job I couldnt walk to, so the joy has yet to be extinguished!
  • Options
    24 miles E/W
  • Options
    New Eltham - Woolwich 6 mile e/w. Cycle it. 25-30mins there. 20-25mins back. More hills on the way.
  • Options
    Depends where I am.

The office is about a 70 mile round trip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    woolwich to South ruislip about 25miles or 1hour 45min on the train or tube
  • Options
    Well, if the weather is nice and the ground is dry I walk the 200yds across the Common to the High Street. A couple of times a week I might pass someone walking their dog - if it's busy. Of course, when It is wet I walk up the road and may pass at least 3 other pedestrians. The joy of living and working in the same village!
  • Options
    Yalding to Croydon - 35 miles each way, about 90 minutes.

But I've got a job :-)))
  • Options
    2 miles. I walk.
  • Options
    5 Minute after school :)
  • Options
    2.8miles, Islington to Covent Garden - measured on Gmaps. I walk in the morning (40mins), run back in the evening (19mins is my best time, normally 20).
  • Options
    13 Miles
  • Options
    50 miles each way

Braintree to Dartford
  • Options
    New Eltham to London Bridge
  • Options
    Swisdom thats a nice run when the A12 is playing up and the M25's got roadworks. Do you cut down the A130 then A13 to avoid it when its bad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    12 miles, drive it in 34-40 mins Belvederdererererderederere (or however the Kent picky way you spell it) to the haven that is Peckham, the heartland of the printing industry, the birthplace of me Pa and Ma and the place where feel comfy even tho full of slags!!
  • Options
    Depending what office I'm in but could be Bexleyheath to luton and that's usually on a Friday has taken 5 hours before.
  • Options
    From my front door to my office is 10 feet!
  • Options
    all of 3.8 miles

or 10 mins poxy traffic
  • Options
    9 miles
    45 minutes
  • Options
    Welling to London Bridge, 10 min walk either end....door to door in under an hour
  • Options
    About an hour. Drive to station, get train, 10 minute walk. Bit longer if I don't get one of the fast trains.
  • Options
    3 miles. I walk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Swisdom thats a nice run when the A12 is playing up and the M25's got roadworks. Do you cut down the A130 then A13 to avoid it when its bad?

I have to go into Witham to drop my little girl at nursery so I tend to go A12 m25 unless it's dire
  • Options
    25 miles each way, Ditton - Beckenham