Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How far do you travel to work?

2»

Comments

• Options
    About 13km, Killara to Lidcombe, where the Tooheys brewery is located.

Takes 30 minutes in the morning, about 40 in the evening.

We have an office in the CBD; when I go in there it's about the same, driving over the Harbour Bridge still a bit of a thrill
  • Options
    Chislehurst - Hammersmith - approx 1 hour 30 mins public transport.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Swisdom thats a nice run when the A12 is playing up and the M25's got roadworks. Do you cut down the A130 then A13 to avoid it when its bad?

I have to go into Witham to drop my little girl at nursery so I tend to go A12 m25 unless it's dire

I go up there every other weekend to get my kids from Walton.
  • Options
    my main 'office' is at home in greenhithe (work for myself) -
    so either there or at clients offices in the city.. it take me about 45 mins on the train into cannon street or charing cross depending where client is
  • Options
    Tuesday I'm working in Nottingham, for 1 day, the rest of the week I'll be working in Ashford Surrey and I have to be there for 7:30am. Really could do with a career change!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Killarahales[/cite]About 13km, Killara to Lidcombe, where the Tooheys brewery is located.

Takes 30 minutes in the morning, about 40 in the evening.

We have an office in the CBD; when I go in there it's about the same, driving over the Harbour Bridge still a bit of a thrill

I always read your name as KillarHales which sort of makes sense until the 'where do you live thread'. I can't imagine the drive over the Bridge ever being anything other than a wow moment. Going to google Killara now out of interest but I'm guessing it's south of Sydney. Lucky bugger is all I can say.
  • Options
    I am literally round the corner from my workplace and on my days off I refuse to walk down that street!
  • Options
    Roll out of bed, into office.. 3 metres...
  • Options
    4 miles - 7 minutes
  • Options
    About 37 miles each way from Manchester to Liverpool. Door to door 1hr20mins on the train, really tempted to switch to the car next year to save an hour a day but will cost an extra £100 a month overall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coventry to Birmingham 22ish miles between 30 and 50 minutes
  • Options
    Hythe to victoria, two hours door to door, tougher in winter.
  • Options
    25 miles. 25 minutes door to door, sheffield - doncaster.
  • Options
    13,2miles up the picturesque Ravensbourne valley from West Wickham to Canary Wharf fro a lovely view of the Valley
  • Options
    5 mins each way
  • Options
    Not sure if it really counts but it is about a mile between uni house and uni, will probably walk it this year.
  • Options
    My last job was Thamesmead to Keston (near Bromly). I got 2 buses and 3 trains each way and it took me 2 hours each way. TFL must love me ;)
  • Options
    Can't quote over the page, but wanted to ask Uncle if his office is on a bit of elastic?

1 minute walk for me.