Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone Else In the Greenwich Wetherspoons Saturday night?

edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Enjoying a couple of beers with Romford_Addick.

In come about 15-20 of our friends friends from Bermondsey.

10mins later bottle thrown from the stairs - hits some bloke in the middle of his forehead. Huge gash opens up.

Cue 15 minutes of rioting. Never seen so much broken glass or pub furniture. Bottles, glasses chairs flying everywhere.

Trail of destruction all the way round the one way system.

Must have been 4-5 meat wagons 7-8 police cars outside when we left.

Hopefully the two blokes I saw covered in blood were ok. Also one bloke totally laid out on the floor outside subway didn't look too clever.

Before anyone starts saying how do we know it was Millwall.......Nottingham Forest programmes left behind and they are bragging about it on Vital Football.

Lovely bunch.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Before anyone starts saying how do we know it was Millwall.......Nottingham Forest programmes left behind and they are bragging about it on Vital Football.

must be london based forest fans ...............
  • They bought programmes!

Why?

Can any of the scum read?
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]They bought programmes!

Why?

Can any of the scum read?

They use them to hit puppies with!
  • Typical millwall.
    Always will be scum.

Why are they around Greenwich anyway?
    Keep to your sh!tty bermondsey boozers scummers.
  • Forgot to add, well done the door staff who ran into the kitchens when it all started! Not seen again until the police arrived.

Also, where do I stand legally on getting the £4.00 back I had just spent on a vodka and monster? One sip and a barman grabbed it off the table and said "the pub is closed"
  • i was in greenwich sat night, didnt hear or see anything to be honest, i did wonder why it was pretty dead. got there about 7ish went to the mitre, gypsy moth, admairal hardy, spansih galleon, coach and horses kings arms and a few others and didnt witness an ounce of trouble. all weatherspoons are a no go on a saturday night and it aint the first time its kicked off in the greenwich one since its open, the fact you can get a pint at 7am dont help.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]where do I stand legally on getting the £4.00 back I had just spent on a vodka and monster? One sip and a barman grabbed it off the table and said "the pub is closed"

Nowhere. You should be fined £4 for buying such a drink ;)

Apparantly it all went off up Welling last night as well. rumour is a 14 year old kid got stabbed.
  • Adam - this all happened about 10ish. Surprised you didnt hear sirens.
  • You can add Woolwich to the list as well now!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]where do I stand legally on getting the £4.00 back I had just spent on a vodka and monster? One sip and a barman grabbed it off the table and said "the pub is closed"

Nowhere. You should be fined £4 for buying such a drink ;)

Apparantly it all went off up Welling last night as well. rumour is a 14 year old kid got stabbed.

whereabout's in Welling?, I know that the Nags Head seems to be becomming a bit of a youth club with a bar these days
  • Sponsored links:

• I had trouble in there with Millwall fans once. Nowhere near as bad as all that, but maybe thats because me and my mates were just a bunch of 17 year olds at the time.
    Very strange. I'm not sure why they'd be down there. There is a Wetherspoons at Surry Queys, why wouldn't they just go there?
    Some people are just out looking to prove what c**ts they are I guess.
  • Yeah i was in there sitting by the door. Saw about 15 blokes pile in, couldn't believe the bouncers let in such a big group who were obivously up for a tear up.

Had moved to a table outside when it all went off. Had to quickly down our drinks before the glasses were taken off us and launched through the door along with the chairs we had been sitting on. Place looked like a bomb had hit it after they were finished.

Suprised they were Forest fans, the ones i saw had South London accents.
  • Clem, as they used to say on the fast show, I'm affraid I was very very drunk. Think world war 3 could have started and me my mates wouldn't have noticed a thing.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

whereabout's in Welling?, I know that the Nags Head seems to be becomming a bit of a youth club with a bar these days

down near the McDonalds apparently mate. From what i can gather, and this is rumours btw, it was a gang of white kids that spilled off a bus and were trying to get to a girl that was the cause of the aggro. a boy looking about 14 was lying still on the floor bleeding.
  • [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]Some people are just out looking to prove what c**ts they are I guess.

if ever a statement was appropriate to a set of fans ..........it be this one!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]the fact you can get a pint at 7am dont help.

It helps EVERYTHING!
  • Welling was still shut this morning apparently!!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Welling was still shut this morning apparently!!

didn't see anything unusual when I drove through at 7.45
  • yeah bloke at work said you couldn't get into the high street from welling corner all the way up to blockbuster! but that was a bit earlier about 6am.
  • The game was at Forrest ? so how the hell did these knob heads find a group of "London Forrest" drinking in Greenwich ?

as for the welling incident cant see what relevance the gangs skin pigment is ? strange no red wedge outrage.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ChrisWhytesBaldhead[/cite] Suprised they were Forest fans
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]The game was at Forrest ? so how the hell did these knob heads find a group of "London Forrest" drinking in Greenwich ?

Have i missed something here, who said Forest fans were in there? I read it as though they just kicked off for the sake of it.
  • They were Milwall!!!

They are on another web-site boasting about what they done!!
  • I would have thought the inside and outside of that pub would be caked in CCTV, is it not ?
  • T*ssers

Top 10 reasons I'm Bermondsey Charlton...
  • All able to give it the biggun and act like this when there are a coach load of them....and throwing a bottle too, the hard mans choice of weapon.

One on one i bet 90% of them would sh*t it. I dont like Millwall as a club but i enjoy the rivalry. Its these plastic gangsters that i cant stand.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I would have thought the inside and outside of that pub would be caked in CCTV, is it not ?

Used to work for Wetherspoons a few years ago. Apart from inside the toilets and cellar, there wasn't a single bit of the pub that was not covered by a camera. They had one or two overlooking the front door as well.

Should be pretty straightforward to identify them on that basis.
  • Millwall's next away game is at Cardiff, i wonder if the hard nuts from Greenwich wetherspoons will be quite so brave down there. Me thinks they'll avoid it like the plague and instead choose to be oh so brave at QPR a few days later when there's a lot more Millwall with them.
  • Would love to see what those idiots on the millwall forum look like when they arent behind a computer.
    Total geeks no doubt.
  • And sure enough, this thread was quoted on the Millwall forum when I clicked on EastStand's link. Proper hard men.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

as for the welling incident cant see what relevance the gangs skin pigment is ? strange no red wedge outrage.

No relevance whatsoever IMHO but you must be a middle class white liberal as they are the only one who ever mention race.